Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points"

4 posters

Go down

Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points" Empty Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points"

Post by Lori Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:41 pm

I went and dug this out of my trash for a better look. 1500 Points = about $10 these days, right? The email says if you use code MYP6 during the next 24 hours only, their jewelry is only $14.99 rather than $29.99, plus free shipping...plus 1500 points. SO I ordered the Corsica bracelet, figuring any bracelet for about $4.99 is worth it. After I get it I'll decide if I want to keep it or give it to DS's girlfriend for Christmas or her birthday.

Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points" Jmb00010
***Edited to add - this is from JewelMint!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points" Empty Re: Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points"

Post by kleenaechs Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:25 pm

I almost bit on this until I realized it is a monthly thing. Your credit card gets charged $29.99 each month, unless you go to the site between the 1-5th to say you want to skip that month.

kleenaechs
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points" Empty Re: Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points"

Post by Nyssa Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 am

Don't ya just HATE those automatic gotcha "deals"?

Reminds me of those "Get 4 books FREE" things that the book clubs used to hook you in with.

Sorry, I don't play that way, companies! If your products are soooo terrific, why do you need to suck people in to buying 'em this way, eh? Eejits!

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:46 am

I saw your post kleenaechs and looked at the site again. Yep, it looks like I was had. I'll call on Monday, but I'm hoping to extend membership just long enough to score my points. Very Happy
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 am

I hope you get the bracelet and the points Lori!
I don't mind it so much when they are up front about what you are signing up for. This offer was rather hidden & I don't like that. I signed up for an offer for posters last fall that was a monthly thing. It was very hard to tell that, as the details were really hidden. I am very wary since that one, so I kept looking and looking for fine print on this before hitting the final button to buy it. I was very close to buying & then I saw the link to the real details Shocked

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:16 am

I'll let you know what happens in the end. It says the item has been shipped. I sort of want to see the quality on the bracelet and see the new jewelry selections on the 1st. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it was the end of the month and the jewelry selections were few. Lots said SOLD OUT that I thought were cute. It may be a good thing for a bit, but if the stuff doesn't appeal to me I won't stick around. What I really need is earrings.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 am

I had fired off an email (after seeing your post, kleenaechs) asking to have my membership cancelled and received an email saying the account has been closed. The bracelet has shipped though, and she said if I return it they have a 15% restocking fee. Then I went back to the original bonus email to read the fine print and it says the points will be deleted if the item is exchanged or returned. It doesn't say I must be a member, so I'm hoping that I won't have to fight them on this one.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 am

Sounds like it worked out for you Lori. I am so glad because a surprise charge on your credit card for $29.99, would not have been a nice surprise at all!

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

kleenaechs wrote:Sounds like it worked out for you Lori. I am so glad because a surprise charge on your credit card for $29.99, would not have been a nice surprise at all!
It's probably a little too early to say it worked out. LOL I'll need to keep a close eye on things.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:16 pm

I hate that crap.very sneaky.I was pondering whether to order or not,but I'm glad I chose not to.I don't like costume jewelry anyway but I might have done it for the points.
agaphmou
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 pm

It took an email, but I got the 1500 points. The bracelet is very nice. I've worn it a few times and decided to keep it for myself. NOT $29 nice, but definitely under $5 nice.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm glad you got the points Lori,but I'm still really pissed off at their sneaky way to get major money off us without us realizing it
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:23 pm

agaphmou wrote:I'm glad you got the points Lori,but I'm still really pissed off at their sneaky way to get major money off us without us realizing it
You have the option of looking at what they have available each month and choosing not to get anything. It's not like a book club where they would just mail you a jewelry selection automatically - you have to choose from among the selection that they have. I think... probably best that I cancelled. They actually were great about handling that, and contacted me the next day and said they had cancelled the account for me.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Hm! I remember someone writing that you are automatically charged a certain amount each month whether or not you purchase anything
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 pm

agaphmou wrote:Hm! I remember someone writing that you are automatically charged a certain amount each month whether or not you purchase anything
Yes you do get charged each month unless you go to the site & say no by a specific day of the month. They do not mail you a bracelet unless you pick it out, but I do think you would get charged.
So happy you got your points Lori Bonus Email "Accessorize with designer jewelry & earn 1,500 Points" 78280

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down