Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E Readers

+2
agaphmou
Rebecca1340
6 posters

Go down

E Readers Empty E Readers

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:59 pm

I don't have a kindle or nook, but I did download iBooks onto my phone. I didn't think I would really like it, but it seemed like a good way to get the full manual for my phone. I downloaded a bunch of their free books to kill time if I was ever in a waiting room somewhere. Much to my surprise I'm really liking the e reader! Not only do I always have a stack of books in my pocket, but if I want to read in bed and Mike wants to sleep I'm not keeping him up with a light. The more I use it the more I like it. I'm seriously considering saving some money up so I can get Mike an e reader for his birthday. I think once he tried one, he would like it too.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

E Readers Empty Re: E Readers

Post by agaphmou Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Sorry Rebecca,I never saw this.I have the original Kindle Fire and I love it!Now that there's another version,you can sometimes find it for about $150 or $160.It's way worth it imo!
agaphmou
agaphmou
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:13 pm

The boys got me a Kindle Paperwhite for Mothers' Day and I live it. I took it on our trip and never needed to recharge it. I love that I don't disturb hubby at night by having a light on. Before I got the Kindle I was using the Kindle app on my cellphone and I liked that, too.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:42 pm

I've got a Kindle Keyboard that I splurged on last September, and I love it!

No light like the newer Paperwhite, but it's got real buttons to turn pages (no touching the screen to flip pages) and the keyboard makes it easy to do searches of my archive or look up a word in the included dictionary.

Prior to that I had the Kindle app on my iPod Touch and read a couple of books on that, so I have it as a lighted screen version as a backup. :)I found the screen too small for regular reading though so I was constantly flipping pages...not enough words per screen.

Love my KK! Best part is I "bought" it with amazon gift cards I earned online, so absolutely NO out of pocket $$ went towards it. Plus I've been snagging tons of free Kindle books to the point that I now have about 5000 Kindle books available in my archive and I've only paid for about four of 'em...less than $5 worth of real money. It's a great thing for a book-a-holic to have, for sure!

Nyssa
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:37 pm

I have an original Nook, a Nook Color, a Nook tablet and the Nook HD tablet.... and a Kindle fire. I love my Nooks, I upgraded to the HD but they were all great! I still use the original because it's like the paperwhite, I can read outside with no glare and the battery life of the others doesn't even compare- that thing will last for days and I don't put it down.
I got the kindle because I was missing out on good Kindle books, however since then, Nook has added the Google play store so I have a Kindle app on my Nook and can access it all from one place. My only complaint with that it you can not access Prime books- they must be borrowed on a Kindle device.

Bookbub sends me a list of freebies from amazon, nook, and google everyday. Right now my library is so big I will die of old age before I get to them all!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:19 pm

lmao Tara! I especially love the cookbooks on kindle.I love that they have free ebooks!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 am

I use a program through the public library to read read books on galaxy s3... its free, which is the best part. I have the kindle app, but for the longest time I wasn't able to sign in, so I went the public library route.
I will admit that on my phone, I have to do a lot of page turning, but its nice because I always have my phone with me.
I've considered getting a e-reader with wi-fi or even a tablet before I got my galaxy s3... I still think of it occasionally, but I can do all the same things basically on my phone(I find that sometimes I hardly use my laptop anymore), so seems silly to get it just to have one around.
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down