Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fudge

4 posters

Go down

Fudge Empty Fudge

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 am

I have never, ever had a pan of fudge turn out so the fact that I've had two turn out this week is amazing! I thought I'd post the recipes for them here for anyone else who is candy making challenged.

The first one came from All Recipes, but I did change it a little:

Foolproof Chocolate Fudge
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

* Line an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan with waxed paper
* Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat when all lumps are melted and stir in nuts (if you're adding them) and vanilla.
* Spread evenly in the paper lined pan. Chill in fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
* Lift fudge out of pan and cut into squares on cutting board (I put about half an inch of warm water in the sink, let the pan of fudge sit in it for a few minutes and then lifted it out of the pan using the edges of the wasxed paper -- it saved me wrestling with it!).

It says to store it covered in the refridgerator, but mine seems to be doing fine in a sealed container in my cold cellar.

Maple Syrup Fudge

This recipe came from the plowing match cookbook that was put out here earlier in the year.

2 cups maple syrup
1/4 butter

*Grease an 8" square pan
*Put syrup and butter into a large saucepan.
*Using a candy thermometer, boil to 116 Celcius or 240 Farenheit.
*Remove from heat.
*Stir until mixture begins to lose its gloss.
* Pour immediately into greased pan.
*Cut into squares before it has completely hardened. (This fudge hardens fairly quickly at room temperature)
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Fudge Empty Re: Fudge

Post by Tanya32834 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Here is the fudge recipe I've used for years. You can change it up anyway you choose and it's never failed me.

2 cups of chocolate chips
(milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch, it doesn't matter. Mix them up if you want.)
1 container of ready made cake frosting
(choose a flavor that will go with your chocolate chips. I've used milk chocolate to go with the peanut butter chips before and it's yummy.)
1/2 cup nuts optional
(I've used walnuts, pecans and almonds. All are wonderful in this recipe)

Gather and measure your ingredients before you start. You have to work quickly because this fudge sets up super fast.

Spray or butter a 8x8 pan. In a large bowl, melt the chocolate chips in microwave. Start off with 1 minute. Stir. Then another minute. Stir You want the chocolate chips to be "just" melted (a few unmelted pieces is ok. They will all melt with the heat of the bowl.)
Stir in the frosting and the nuts (optional). Pour (spread) mixture into your prepared pan. Let mixture cool then cover and refridgerate.

I've never had this fail. You can mix up the chips and the frosting flavors. I'm not real big on dark chocolate, so I use the milk chocolate. I've mixed the white chocolate with peppermint frosting and busted up a candy cane to make white chocolate candycane fudge. Chocolate and peanut butter is a good combo too.

Enjoy!
Tanya

Tanya32834
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 73
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:03 pm

I have used that one tanya, but find it really REALLY sweet, so better in small doses....lol
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:17 pm

I've never heard of using icing in fudge before. I like icing enough to eat it off a spoon so I'm sure I'd like that fudge too!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joedonot Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Love fudge! Always made the recipe on the marshmallow creme jar but might try one of these.
joedonot
joedonot
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 258
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee Level 6
Registration date : 2008-12-31

http://www.bzzagent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content