Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blogs

+4
tara
Lori
Honey
bizzeedee
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blogs Empty Blogs

Post by bizzeedee Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:46 am

Since I've learned where to find the members link, I took some time this morning to acquaint myself with Kath, Celle and Tara by checking out your blogs.

What great reads... I'm thinking that you all should be writing and publishing books, not just blogging! Some very funny material coming from each of you.

Kath, I was pleasantly surprised to see that you and I have so much in common... I mean your music, movie and favorite things to do choices.

Anyway, when I have more time, I plan to go back and read some more of each... Tara, I think it was yours where I laughed out loud as I read the 7 things you hate, or dislike. I did find it hard to believe that you love cheese but not on a hamburger! I couldn't exist without a cheeseburger at least once aweek! Does that cheese thing also apply to pizza? lol!

Anyway, glad I got a peek into each of your lives.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Blogs Empty Re: Blogs

Post by Honey Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:58 am

I will have to try to read some of the blogs too. I too love cheese, but never on a burger!
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 am

Tara, right on with your blog. Those letters from the IRS...hello, my college student got one of those and I believe he won't even qualify. The letter basically says if you qualify you will receive some money from us, though we can't tell you right now if you will or how much it will be.

Did we really elect these people? Are they nuts?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:18 am

Lori- I just went through the weekends mail and found my 43 million dollar letter. As soon as I can be semi civil and not go off on a swearing tangent I plan to blog on it.

bizzeedee, thank you! I swear in person I really am funny, my sarcastic nature tends to lost in translation.

Kath, where is the link for your blog.... I remember a while ago I checked out on about books (reading.... something I vaguely remember from my before Rylan days...) do you have another?

Oh cheese on pizza is the way to go- in fact extra extra cheese on pizza is the way to go Laughing

I'm so excited you guys checked out my blog, I only have like 4 readers, and I think they do it because they feel obligated because I comment theres, lol. I feel bad for my daughter- she always wants to look at the map and see where people are that see her pictures.... sooner or later she is going to realize those 4 dots aren't a lot, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:21 am

tara wrote:
bizzeedee, thank you! I swear in person I really am funny, my sarcastic nature tends to lost in translation. .

Oh there's no doubt you h ave a sense of humor, it's very clear in your style of writing. I meant it when I said you should write professionally and get paid for it... in money, not just compliments (which of course, are very meaningful too, but they don't put milk on the table!)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:25 am

tara wrote:
Kath, where is the link for your blog.... I remember a while ago I checked out on about books (reading.... something I vaguely remember from my before Rylan days...) do you have another?

I think Kath works, so I'm replying to your question for her (excuse me Kath if I'm wrong and stepping out of place). Her web site link can be found on her profile (member link above).

She had mentioned she changed her www from her book review blog to her personal blog.

Hope this helps.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:42 am

LOL thanks! I'm a bit embarrassed now, I should have been able to figure that one out, lol.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:55 am

thebutlerdidit wrote:Tara, right on with your blog. Those letters from the IRS...hello, my college student got one of those and I believe he won't even qualify. The letter basically says if you qualify you will receive some money from us, though we can't tell you right now if you will or how much it will be.

Did we really elect these people? Are they nuts?

I have not read the blog, so forgive me if this has been said. I had my college student daughter file taxes this year, just so she would qualify for a $300 check. She was not required to file, as she made under the limit for filing. She had no had money taken out of her checks, so she had no refund to apply for. In fact, most of her income was from scholarships. Anway, she had like $4500 in income, ended up owing the feds $9 and now she will get a $300 check in May. Oh and we were still able to claim her on our taxes. She just checks the box that I am being claimed by someone.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Yeah, Honey I think he may actually get some money back, but we aren't counting on it. I emailed him with the gist of the letter and he siad yeah, yeah, but I won't get anything, it'll go to Dad. We'll find out, to quote the letter "Starting sometime in May".

With every financial guru telling people to hold onto that money, reduce your debt load, etc. I hope this administration is not surprised when people don't run down to the mall to buy more stuff.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:31 pm

I know mine will be going to bills, lol. Honey my blog is a rant on why they are spending 43 million dollars to mail the letters.... 42, 999,999 of those already know it's coming. I was twice as ticked when I opened it up and basically said nothing new not that we will.... it says you may..... exactly as they have described in the news, exactly as we read it on the internet, and exactly how it printed out in newspapers.... what a waste of money and paper!
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:32 pm

That should have said 42,999,999 dollars worth already know about it.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Honey wrote:I will have to try to read some of the blogs too. I too love cheese, but never on a burger!

That's a riot! Me, too! It's just too rich of a taste. I can't taste the burger.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:51 pm

I've been meaning to read the blogs... and have peeked at one or two. But I've also had no time in the past month to do anything! I'm overwhelmed with dishes and laundry and chores. And too lazy to just jump in and do it. I'm currently "working up my nerve". I like blogs. I keep thinking I'll write one, but I can't even begin finding out how, where, etc. until I get some clean clothes to wear.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:59 pm

thebigscott wrote: I keep thinking I'll write one, but I can't even begin finding out how, where, etc. until I get some clean clothes to wear.

The neat thing about blogs is that you can write them while sitting naked in front of your computer... no one can see you (well unless you put a webcam on your site!)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:30 pm

bizeedee, Thank you Smile

I get so long winded that I think 1/2 of mine is lost in translation.

But I do try Smile I have the kids home all week, so I am expecting some pretty good crap to come from them to write about. And I have decided that NOTHING is unpublishable. I will write about everyone of their most embarrising moments.

I just am a sadistic person that way Wink LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:26 pm

I have 2 blogs

one is personal

one is for book reviews

i have a link from one to the other on each one...

as for Chells blog....that is always a LOL read...

i still have to finish dinner then I will come back and read all these posts

Smile

ps Bizzee

nice that we have so much in common! I want more details sometime Smile
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:28 pm

We'll do that Kath, maybe sometime on a PM so we don't bore everyone to death! Sleep
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Well, I've finally started reading some of them. (Finally got the dishes caught up!) And I'm really liking them!

Tara, I've read what shows up on the front page of yours, but not the archives. Too funny about your husband thinking he was going to a pediatrician! But as far as how he dressed the baby, that's the only way we can keep pants on our little guy. He's a nudist at heart. He'll strip of his britches, reach under the snaps on his onsie and undo his diaper and pull it out the leg hole. So it's onsies over the pants at our place.

Chelle, it's gonna take me a while to catch up on yours. You talk like I talk... lots of detail. Makes it funnier, but takes longer. So right now I'm just skimming. I loved that bit about Matt getting in trouble at school, though. I sometimes think it would be fun to make a list of the things kids I know have gotten in trouble for. No backstory or explaining, just a list. Mine got in trouble for walking like a dinosaur, for pushing someone into a mirror, and once got suspended in the morning and a school award in the afternoon (same kid), but one of our friends would get the grand prize, I think. He got in trouble for praising the Lord during class. I could explain why he deserved every bit of the trouble he got in, but it's more fun to wonder.

Kath, if I ever get sheets on the bed, I'll start on yours.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:00 pm

it / they are not going anywhere...i have to do some reading too..
i am getting caught up..then I want to rad some blogs !

I found what I am wearing to my daughters reception... (wedding), got shoes, and tomorrow have to clean and have a dr appt then i am free!
but I will have some time later.

I am not a frilly girlie type...
what do you think?
i hope she likes it

http://catherines.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/catherines_product_page?item=1467109&pagesize=4
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:34 pm

kath wrote:what do you think?

I like it. I'd look like death in it, but pale pink always makes me look bad. I have to have bright colors. But I don't wear dresses either. I'm not comfy in them, and nice occasions should be enjoyable, not squirmy.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:32 pm

OK, Kath, I cheated and read some on your before doing the sheets. And I'm very upset by what I read.

I'm so sorry you got attacked. I wanted to post there, but couldn't remember my google info, couldn't figure out the other stuff, gave up. But what I was gonna say was that even when kids are disabled, autistic, special needs, mentally ill, etc. they need to have limits. If a child is capable of learning, there is NOTHING more important than learning to control their anger. It is more important than learning to read, to walk, to use a toilet. Being able to stop themselves before they become violent is the only thing that will allow them to have friends, to love and be loved. And a school that will not help them do this, that will not enforce limits by having consequences that make them uncomfortable and provide a reason for them to want to learn... is a school which has abandoned them. I am not advocating kicking them out, or beating them, or anything extreme. But they have no chance to learn if the school will not tell their parents, take away privileges, or acknowledge that they are responsible for learning to control themselves. It is the first thing I try to teach my children. Long before they are potty trained, long before they can walk or talk or eat with a spoon, they learn that if you hit mommy on purpose, mommy says NO and puts you down in your crib. Every time. Over and over if need be. That a school which is responsible for their care and education can't manage to say NO is insane.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:06 pm

I know Karen... I agree. I get so stressed over what happens there.. never any consequences never any
teaching of things that are socially acceptable behavior..
they let them act like wild animals...
They say that the kids don't understand
have no body awareness.. blah blah blah
so wrong.t.

If the child puts a staff member or another student the child who attacks.. the parents are never told.
Not even when they hurt someone badly enough to put them on disability for life

because ..
the parents hear enough bad news

its a bunch of crap

but I love most of the kids
and most of the staff
its the administration that sucks and has no brain collective or otherwise..

I hear your passion... I feel it too.. believe me.. I raised my own four kids to be respectful and empathetic
as you clearly have...

When i get going and start ranting... the other aide says i am having a moment...and to let it go
so i try to shut up and love my class of kids and hope I don't get hurt too badly to keep working..
Bus time is the worst for me.. big kids.. up to age 21 .. many over 12 or so are taller than me.. I am about 5'2
some are over 6' lol

but we try to watch each others back..

what else can we do?

I wish I knew..
I have already rocked the boat so hard I was almost thrown out..
so i have to watch .. but ....?
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:09 pm

oh and thanks! lol

the suit is real comfy... or will be after I rip out those stupid shoulder pads..

and it is the right size... even lengthwise
i gave in and accepted that aside from jeans I need to buy petite so my pants don't have a train...
I even got shoes on sale!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Wow! You need to come work here. Of course when you're dealing with kids or adults like that an injury is always possible, but at least the parents are informed and I have even seen teenagers and adults with disabilities cuffed and fingerprinted by police. Unfortunately the courts never seem to actually make a punishment stick, but at least it's better than what you're dealing with!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:19 pm

I wish they would change for the kids sake

and for ours..........