Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternative Healing

+2
Honey
bizzeedee
6 posters

Go down

Alternative Healing Empty Alternative Healing

Post by bizzeedee Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Kath, remember a long while back, say, um a month ago! I mentioned that after reading about you on your blog, I found we had a lot in common. Well we never got around to talking about those things, but today, you brought up homeopathy in the supper thread.

That's one of them. DH and I have used remedies for, well, I guess close to 20 years now... not to mention many other natural remedies. If only everyone would give it a try.

I'm impressed to hear you have certifcates... do you have a group you direct? At one time, back in MI, Chuck belonged to a group in Grand Rapids... they'd meet once a month. He was one of two guys that would show up and share and talk with a bunch of ladies, many of whom were nursing...

Anyway, just very interesting.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Alternative Healing Empty Re: Alternative Healing

Post by Honey Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:36 pm

This is totally my supject! I'm not into homeopathy much, but herbs, natural healing and alternative medicines for sure.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:40 pm

Nope, no group. I was part of couple of them for a long while, but then one lost its meeting place and the other?
Well.. I sort of maxed out on it.

I studied herbalism on my own a long time ago.. and still keep in touch my the herbalist who was my teacher...
I studied homeopathy, courtesy of the holistic vet clinic where I worked for so long..

Certified Lightworker
Reiki Master teaching level, and certified in Japanese Reiki as well.
Therapeutic Touch
Tellington Touch
Healing Touch
Animal Communication

and a few other things here and there...( anyone's chakras out of whack??)

I studied a bit with my own psychic and do some past life work, almost always during Reiki sessions, but not always.

I have done a couple of In Services where I work, and I am the go to girl there for Pet health questions..
but its all sort of an avocation for me.. has always been.
I had an unusual childhood... and learned some things from both my great grandmother and my grandmother..

A large section of my home library is dedicated to learning more about different modalities of healing..

I was a member of the ARE for a long time, and worked at many workshops and so on in this area, as a book seller Smile
I am acquainted with many of their speakers / authors and familiar with and a believer in the Cayce Readings ...

Aside from an occasional Reiki student.. ( I have one to whom I gave his Master Attunement, and now he is married to my niece!)
And teaching a bit of pendulum work and scrying .. I mostly keep this under my hat... most of the time.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:43 pm

And I do remember Dee.. we meant to talk ore about it.. but never managed to do so ..

Smile

Honey, so you are interested too? good to know! I am not surprised.. so many people are learning that holistic is best..It just makes sense right?
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:20 pm

kath wrote:and familiar with and a believer in the Cayce Readings ...

And teaching a bit of pendulum work and scrying .. I mostly keep this under my hat... most of the time.

More comments tomorrow, but for right now, I have to say I know just a little a bit about most of what you're referring to.

Did you know Edgar Cayce is from Hopkinsville? And every year, in March, I think, we have a weekend seminar celebrating him... people come from all over, and not just from the US... I've been to a few lunches at the Beverly School, which is a little one room school house where he went to school... and when he attended this school, he had his first awakening so to speak... he's quite the item in town.

And as for the pendulum, we tried that, but the outcome was not as satisfying as using kinesology (and I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong). I don't deal much with that, but Chuck does a lot of asking on my behalf :-)

The morning of my teeth extractions, he had a little vial of homeopathy remedies ready for me, to help with the anxiety, and possible pain as well as healing afterwards... and it worked.

Anyway, it's late, just returned from my walk, but was so happy to see that you and Honey also share the philosophy of natural healing.

We've often encountered looks of "what, you're kidding" "you're into what?" and "geesh what are you on?" .... we just smile Alternative Healing 765670 cause we know what works for us (and it probably would them too if they'd just open their minds.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:25 pm

OMG I was just cooking and I thought I need to go ask those ladies if they are ARE members affraid

I have to go finish cooking now, but I have a funny feeling we met for a reason other than BzzAgent.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Honey wrote:OMG I was just cooking and I thought I need to go ask those ladies if they are ARE members affraid

I have to go finish cooking now, but I have a funny feeling we met for a reason other than BzzAgent.

and after a hard day of working outside in sub freezing temps (okay, I'm exaggerating, it was 50, but it was a cold 50), and then a 2 mile walk, I'm pooped. Catch ya tomorrow. Sleep
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Well who knew there were so many other kooks here? I've tried to balance herbal remedies with western medicine ever since I picked up a copu of "The Green Pharmacy" by James Duke at a book sale in college. I still say I did childbirth drug free thanks to yoga, meditation, and small amounts of raspberry leaf tea throughout the pregnancies.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:34 pm

You know kath, when I first saw your picture on your blog, I thought you looked familiar to me. Now I am wondering if there is any chance I met you the one time I attended an ARE conference. It was in Virgina Beach and was by a three day conference with Rosemary Altea. I think it was in Oct 1999, but I am not 100% sure.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:37 pm

I wanted to add that I am a little overwhelmed reading this because I mostly keep it to myself too. It is often not well received, so I keep it under hat as kath said. I am pretty much self taught and have a fairly large library of books I have taught myself with.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:31 am

Nothing wrong with self taught. NOthing at all. I have been learning on my own.. these things and many others for many years.
There were not always college degrees and certified courses etc..
Teaching ourselves and each other, well.. that is what its all about imo...

Anyway

Altea- Nope, read a book or two.. never been to a conference.

I have only attended one conference.. actually, a Congress at the beach.. it was during the troubles at the ARE and
it was very unsatisfying.. met some not so nice people....

I am acquainted with Kevin Todesche new and wonderful head of the ARE now, and he is getting things back on track.
I love him madly.. he is the sweetest guy ever. His wife is my psychic . have gone to her since.. gosh.. 94?
She sid he and I have a lifetime together .. during the Ra-Ta perod. Smile Along with Van Auken... ( Don't like him )

Anyway..... yea... I am familiar with the ARE. Read my first book on Cayce in 1965, when I was 12. I "found" it.
I have read much of the Cayce material.. but the only workshops or seminars I have attended were in Pittsburgh or Youngstwon Ohio.

I have been to the beach a few times but not for wokrshops. Haven't been for years, though...
Friends and prvious employers of mine ran the local show here for many years.. until about 6 months ago....
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:15 am

It's so incredible to see so many people in one spot with so much interest in the same areas! I do believe in coincidence. so I do believe we're all here for a reason!!! Very cool indeed!!!

I go to an Integrative doctor, looking for balance between holistic and western medicine. I love having options, and keeping balance. Being a libra, balance is my middle name!

I have been working hard to bring my family into natural foods and remedies. It's hard because they are young and stubborn(hubby) and they need to have their balance/freedom in what they eat. So, I try to let loose every now and then, and otherwise keep it as natural as possible without them freaking out! LOL!

I always envy people who have healing abilities, that is not where my talents lie. I am much more of a jack of all trades, being able to lead people to where they need to be, and bring people together.

I don't have any certifications yet, but it is my dream to open a Spa and Wellness Center that would teach nutrition, abundance, meditation, yoga and anything else healthy and natural, along with a place to relax and gather. I'm trying to creatively finance classes to bring me a certification in Integrative Nutrition, as well as teacher certification for yoga.

Has anyone done any Archtype work? That is what I've been working on now. Trying to figure out how to use them to create the life I want. I've also done some timeline work.

I usually keep this stuff to myself too, but it's too cool to have everyone here!

I know of a few boards that are very spiritually oriented, if anyone is interested.
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by cushiebunny Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:03 pm

I have a big hat too.
Although more than willing to share what's under it when time and needs permit.
My mom does work with Hospice. A lady from there attuned her to a form of Reiki. Then she heard of my ailments, so she attuned me out of the kindness of her heart. From there I took an advanced healers course, which dealt with many different things, Kaballah, Spirit entities, healing, crystals...
Then I found some great online forms and met some woderful people who shared their different energy systems.
Through some prodding of a fellow friend who always called me Kelly**** <star> I connected to the powers that be withina crystal grid in my backyard and came up with a new energy system. I shared that system with a few of the girls whom I've worked most with in an 'energy' type of a way... and with my mom and sister of course.
My current home is located on almost sacred grounds, or so it feels to me. So it made for the perfect place to connect to the sun, moon, and stars from. I'm moving soon, but hoping to maintain the connection.
I asked once if there was anything in life I need to see or to learn if the angels could assist me. A couple days later I won a trip to Switzerland. I saw a psychic, not something I usually do who let me know I had several little friends around me with their bags packed ready for a trip. Yes, I have some fairy friends, many of them stayed in Switzerland. Some are still here strong though. Amazing are the messages at times that do come in from them, and usually all I am shown/feel comes to light.
Numbers have been really showing themselves to me lately as my life is changing at warp speed.
I have many crystals, one of my favorites being a piece of blue celestite.

What is Archtype work please?

Yep, I work with Archangels and was once through a James Van Praagh meditation led to meet my healing guide. It was humbling, wowing, makes me feel ohhhh good golly miss molly hard to put it into words when my baby is running around me right now.
I do much work on and off of course with many different healing modalities. Power animals being another of them.

~sets my hat back on my head, but not too frimly planted~

cushiebunny
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:06 pm

All these posts are making me very happy. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason Very Happy
Who knows what will come of all of us meeting!
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:07 pm

She just handed out attunements with no training? Interesting....

It is good work that your mom does...

That is a very interesting story, cushie......
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:39 pm

BTW, who mentioned chakras?? I know mine are out of whack, but I'm also trying to learn more about them.
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Starrlyte wrote:BTW, who mentioned chakras?? I know mine are out of whack, but I'm also trying to learn more about them.

That would have been Kath... and I'm sure you'll be hearing from her on this post.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by cushiebunny Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:48 pm

kath wrote:She just handed out attunements with no training? Interesting....

It is good work that your mom does...

That is a very interesting story, cushie......

~laughs~
Hey, who said no training?
The Hospice workers were all in a class together and the woman took me under her wing for a wee bit to teach me what she felt I needed to know.

I seem most drawn to working with inner children, but that gets really hard to do unless you know someone extremely well. It just gets way too personal for many people's comfort.

ha, ha, my perfect bzz campaign, some sort of a deal whereby we get to try out a cruise ship full of lightworkers who are giving seminars and need our stamp of approval to all of our lightworker friends ~ whistles some I've got high hopes song ~

cushiebunny
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:48 am

I think Hay House sponsers cruises kind of like that, but of course you have to pay to go.
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:55 am

They do Honey! My friend in Colorado just tried to get on one that included Caroline Myss, but unfortunately it was all full! Sad

I think that kind of crusie would be awesome, though I have also always wanted to go to a yoga retreat on some tropical island!!! One for external learning, one for internal learning!!! Smile
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:24 am

I would love to go on a cruise like that. It would be such fun!
Right now I am trying to find a way to get a reading from Lisa Wiliiams (or another medium, but we love her). I am on her mailing list and did just fill out a form to get a reading becuase she is starting a new show. Who knows maybe it will work. I was desperate to get a message from my Mom after she passed away, and I did it. That was from Rosemary Altea. Now we are very badly wanting a reading to get a message from my 20 year old niece. She was killed after a car accident. She and her baby were both hit by a semi, but the baby was fine due to the car seat. Jamie was knocked out and had to be cut from the car. Despite that, the hosptial told her she was ok and sent her home. She returned several times to the doctor and he said she was ok and gave her oxycontin. By the time they discovered she wasn't any where near ok, it was too late and she was brain dead one week after the accident. It has been a horrible shock to our family and it would really comfort us to hear from her, esp about if she approves of where the baby lives now.
Also some really strange noises and what not happened at ther house after she died, that I would like to ask about. I slept in her room and even a cell phones with no battery was ringing during the night affraid
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 am

That is so sad Honey! I always wonder at seemingly meaningless deaths like that! I mean it makes you really think, you know?

I have a friend that can help you with the grief (not a counselor per se, a transformational guide) if you need it.

I haven't heard of those psychics! Let me know if you get a reading! Sounds like there is unfinished business based on things going boom in the night. If you feel you could handle it, see if she will give you a message in your dreams. Just talk to her like you would if she were there, and ask that she comes to your dreams. She may not, it may not be you that she needs to speak to.

Big hugs, and I hope you find your answers!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:59 am

I was once told that I have the ability to communicate with those that have passed, but not yet crossed over. I think that is true, because it has happend a few times. Anyway, I posted stories about Jamie and the sounds and lights that were going on in her room when I stayed there, and someone I know to have abilities in this area, told me she had not yet passed over to the other side, because she did not want to leave her baby. I went back to sisters and stayed in Jamie's room. When stuff started happening in the night, I sat up and calmly talked to her. I told her she had died and needed to go to the light. That William was being taken care of she needed to go to the other side. That was last spring and the weird stuff has stopped now.
She passed in Nov 2006, so I am doing ok with the grief now. My sister and her hubby and getting along, but it has been really hard on them. I am so glad they have an older sion who is married with 3 kids. Those kids keep my sister and hubby busy, as well as Jamie's baby (who is now 31 months old). There is a lawsuit in progress, and I hope William gets a good bit of money from it. Jamie was a very hard worker and would have always provided well for him. BTW he was only 13 months old when she died, but he sometimes still calls out for her when he sees a car like hers - heartbreaking for sure!

Starrlyte, are you the one who said you know other boards some might like? If so, or whoever it was, post a few links please. I might find something I like, or need to see. I have been praying for a way to hear from Jamie. I should follow up all possible leads right now.

Last edited by Honey on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Honey
Honey

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:10 am

Honey-Sent you a PM. Smile