Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

???

5 posters

Go down

??? Empty ???

Post by edbson Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Are all men idiots or did I just get lucky?
Seriously, I called dh to tell him that I had called the Insurance company, and they said our claim was with book keeping, and the check would be mailed tonite or monday. YIppee, it has been a long 6 month fight with them.
Anyway, dh says, "You mean our denial?", UM NO, I spoke to the supervisor and she gave me an amount. So he says " but it's a denial". I am like, OK, whatever, " do you REALLY want to argue with me? I am up for it?"

He honestly thinks we should just settle for whatever, and not make trouble, don't question anything, and just go with it. UM NO, Hell NO.
So then he mentions the cabinets, and I say " what cabinet? He says " the little one you hate". I say, UM, I took it off the wall this morning and brought it to the shop, they are making the shelves that I originally requested. So then he starts asking why, why can't we have a cabinet that is useless and does not match the other ones.....

I gave up, I said " Dude, I have ball practice in a little while, i ain't got time for this, and hung up on him....

WTh?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

??? Empty Re: ???

Post by tara Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Nope they ae all idiots. My hubby would be the same way, I like you would be having a fit and fighting tooth and nail for the money that they OWED me, I pay my premiums for a reason, to cover me if something were to happen. I would drop dead before I rolled over and let them shortchange me.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm with you, Erin. No way on God's green earth I would pay premiums for years and NOT make them pay up on a legitimate claim. I don't know what's up with your DH. But mine is kind of like that on some things and a bad ass on others. I don't get it.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:28 pm

OK, I just asked Scott to help me clean out the fridge. Something in there was not good, and Scott always just sticks wal-mart bags of food in there so I never know what things are. Anyhow, I had gone shopping, needed to sit a minute, and asked him to start looking for whatever it was that had a faint odor, plus to take the food in the fridge out of the wal-mart bags so I could see what we had. I came in a few minutes later and the fridge is half empty. He tossed everything that had been opened, "Just in case." Just in case? Just in case we feel like throwing money away? WTF? Then I noticed the shelves are sticky. I asked him to hand over the 409 and the rag he'd got out to clean with. He says, "Oh! You mean you wanted to clean off the shelves too?" ????? As if the way most people do it is to put the good food on top of whatever leaked out of a container of spoiled food.

OK. So I ask him to wipe out the bottom drawers (they come out all the way) while I wipe the shelves. He brings them back and there's still gunk all over one of them. Now Zoe comes to help. I hand her the drawer that had had cheese in it. She takes it to the bathroom sink to wipe out. She's 4, mind you. As she's bringing it back I hear Scott say to her, "No honey, you're gonna have to get it a little cleaner than that. Well her drawer hadn't ever been as dirty as what he brought back. So how is she doing a worse job?

It's clean now. I didn't even look in the trash to see what we lost because I just don't want to know.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Well I admire you all for your balls and willigness to get what you pay for. I like that too, but I'm not the person for the job. Nope... it's DH that would ARGUE with the insurance company, the grocery story for overcharing 10 cents, for the online vitamin store that didn't send us the $20 coupon for our huge order. Me? Well I want those things taken care of too, but what do I do? sit back and hope (and know) he'll deal with it. I just don't like confrontations... just not in my psyche.... I'm probably more agumentative and stand up for what I think on this family forum than in real life... maybe because you're all like family and I know you might be pissed for a moment, but get over it Very Happy I just have a hard time sometimes, saying what I want

So thank God for DH's like mine!

Last edited by bizzeedee on Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I used agree instead of argue when I say what DH would do!)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:41 pm

I don't have any problems making my point clear to DH, and he knows it. I just wish he would at least bother to argue back!
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:10 pm

I am the one who does the fighting. DH agrees with it, but doesnt deal well with idiots. He is NOT diplomatic. He was a sergeant in a prison for too long to care about offending someone, or sugar coating it.

Of course, when we first got together he was VERY quiet and shy. I used to embarress the crap out of him because I sent back more steaks than I ever ate. it never failed they are always cooked too long and I refuse to eat them.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:25 pm

I emberass dh in public on a regular basis, because Like you, i don't care what people think....
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum