Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a concert ticket for....

+2
tara
aurora04
6 posters

Go down

Got a concert ticket for.... Empty Got a concert ticket for....

Post by aurora04 Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Kiss! It's not for me, but for DH. He is a huge Kiss fan. The concert is in Halifax (approx. 4 hours away) and is an outdoor one. There will be a lot of bands as it is a 12 hour thing (and you are not allowed to leave and re-enter the grounds the whole time). The tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow, but if you signed up for the Halifax Rocks mailing list, you could buy them in advance. I signed up, but never got the email (I think DH missed a step because he is the one that did it), but his cousin's wife did and she sent me the link. He was asleep when I bought the ticket (he worked backshift), so he doesn't know. I decided to change my facebook status saying I bought a Kiss ticket to see how long it takes him to notice. He has since waken up and left for a union meeting without going on the computer, so now I have to wait who knows how long for him to get home and check the computer out. LOL. I only purchased one ticket even tho he wants me to go with him. It would be a great weekend away (well I'ld bring the kids, LOL), but we just can't afford it right now. If I were to go, the weekend would cost us $1000 easy! I would much rather him find someone to split the hotel room and gas costs with. If we weren't having to go to Halifax in the spring for Ceilidh's next surgery (don't know the date yet), then I would have no problems going up. That trip is going to be expensive enough (we make it a special trip as not to freak her out) without adding another trip up. I am still thinking of just going up for the weekend with the kids and spending the weekend at my sister's apartment and go to the hotel for swimming during the day, but I won't decide on that until later (I'll be working by then, so getting extra time off work might be an issue I think).

I will update with his reaction and how long it takes him to notice later. If he doesn't notice by the time I go to bed, I will tell him since I do not want him buying his own ticket tomorrow when they go on sale. LOL.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Got a concert ticket for.... Empty Re: Got a concert ticket for....

Post by tara Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Awesome!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Is it Halifax Rocks 09? My friend is going to something similar, same groups, but different place, and is trying to convince me to go.
Hope he figures it out, that is an awesome gift
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Yes, it's Halifax Rocks 09. He'll figure it out I'm sure now. People keep commenting on it on facebook, so I'm sure he'll notice all the replies and look to see what it's about. Oh, my MIL called me up earlier and said that she saw it on facebook that her nephew's wife already got a ticket (for her husband). My status was already changed by then and she didn't even notice on mine. LOL.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:33 pm

How sweet, Aurora. Just in time for Valentines' Day.
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Awesome gift, but please tell me it's not until the coming summer? Because surely, 12 hours of outdoor anything would be excruitiating 'bout now Razz
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:31 pm

great gift!!

I think Gene Simmons is freakin hillarious. I never really listened to KISS growing up, but Watched his TV show. ANd loved him on Apprentice.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down