Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe C

+16
kath
thebigscott
spiritia
Rebecca1340
Connie
Honey
idatater46
MrsCuffs
DisneyKrayzie
eat_a_cookies
chelle
Ender5803
Scarlett
Scar
itsirC
mrschia
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Joe C - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe C

Post by spiritia Fri May 23, 2008 11:17 pm

I think he's probably enjoying a long weekend by now and drinking a well deserved Beer.
spiritia
spiritia
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://medhatmommies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat May 24, 2008 12:13 am

eat_a_cookies wrote:I actually think this will motivate me to Bzz more. Now that I am working towards rewards that I know I will get (I have gotten tons of GCs from MyPoints), and that I can vouch for, rather than just Bzzing away and hoping that maybe one day they'll put something worthwhile up on the site.

I would probably have felt that way if they had given us a fair value for the points we'd already accumulated. I kinda feel stunned by how much I lost. I had 3700 BzzPoints. In terms of what I could have gotten, I could have made a $370 donation to charity. Or I could have lucked out and gotten a reward I wanted for myself. I have gotten a few rewards, though nothing huge. I had some I liked and some I hated and a few I loved. So when they said they were improving the rewards and that a wide variety of rewards would be available to everyone, all the time, I expected that I'd have roughly $370 worth of rewards. But I can only get $200 in gift cards. I know, $200 is a lot. But it's $170 LESS than what I'd expected. So right now, I feel like not reporting at all.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat May 24, 2008 7:49 am

Seriously... we need to take it a little easy on Joe... he is just a guy who gets his paycheck from the hive.. he has always been pretty nice to us, I think?
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrschia Sat May 24, 2008 9:37 am

He is wonderful, he really is, I just so want to hear from him. I know he will calm down the swarm.

He is our rock!
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sat May 24, 2008 10:41 am

Gosh I like Joe, but he is just doing his job. He is the communications guy, that is his job. I feel like he hyped this too much and gave us wrong information (better than saying he lied but me may have). He is not my fav right now, sorry if that is mean.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by itsirC Sat May 24, 2008 11:32 pm

Sure, Joe may come across as a nice guy but you have to remember what his job is. He does PR for BzzAgent. It is his responsibility to make the company look good in our eyes as well as the public's. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the one that is sent out to 'smooth' this thing over with us next week. I'll admit he comes across as very charismatic and charming and I'm sure that is part of what makes him good at his job. I'm sure a lot of ppl will cool down once he answers some questions. I totally disagree with the method he used to get our attention about this great new rewards system that is in my opinion crap. I'm interested to see how he will explain away some of the empty promises made to all the BzzAgents.
itsirC
itsirC
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 25, 2008 12:36 am

I think that Joe is doing his job, and I think that Joe is a natural at it. HE is the PR person, meaning he could talk a snake into biting itsself.

BUT I also think he knows how important that spinning, half telling and hinting are, versus, outright lying, cheating and putting something that will come back and bite you in the ass in print.

I am not mad at Joe, and I will be honest, I hope he is NOT the one that comes here, because I know that he will be swarmed like white on rice. He did tell us lies, half truths and stirred up a hornets nest.

BUT I dont think he did it intentionally. DOnt get me wrong. I am PISSED. But I know that throwin a hissy at Joe aint gona change nothin. I know that telling him, or giving him a list (like we have been doin) of our concerns and demands will be turned over to the right people. He knows we got the short end of the stick, and I hope he can fix it. If he cant then maybe he can pass along enough information to get it done.

There is a reason they have a PR person. Its to handle the angry mobs. Smile I just hope we dont turn into one. Lets dont mob him. and PLEASE lets done PM him to death. He cant fix your my points account. He cant get you campaigns, and he sure aint gonna keep on comin back here if we act like a bunch of kids that aint never seen santa clause and attack him.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby415 Sun May 25, 2008 1:44 am

I've been trying to be Switzerland as far as passing judgement on others feelings about the new rewards system other than to point out that some in my camp were outrageously harsh and insulting to those with valid reasons for questioning the new system and calling out those in the anti-camp for making false claims to bolster their arguments against MyPoints on the BeeLog.

I feel I've tried to be fair and hopefully present some helpful FACTS and/or information for those that were unfamilar with or didn't like MyPoints.

Personally, I've been doing a BIG happy dance since I found out my leftover and previously worthless BzzPoints combined with my left-over recently cashed-out MyPoints will net me yet another nice $50 GC of my choice on June 9th.

I KNOW I'm new here but I feel the new program is everything and MORE than I had anticipated. C'mon back Joe and I promise to give ya a GREAT BIG HUG!

I also wish that some of the posters wouldn't assume that everyone is unhappy about the changes. I know at least ONE who is ecstatic!

Darby415
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 25, 2008 2:37 am

Baron, I'm very happy for you! I know that it's easy to feel like those of us who are mad want to take your happiness away from you or resent you for enjoying this new system. So I really do appreciate your resisting the urge to tell us all to go jump in a lake, or down a rabbit hole as the case may be. I wish we were all feeling as if we'd gotten a treat, and I hope that you won't hold our venting against us.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Darby415 Sun May 25, 2008 2:53 am

Hey Karen,

I'm SO not holding it against you! I'm an Italian I went on a ROYAL RANT a few months back about the NO Bzz-rewards.

I'm HAPPY now, so I expect all that aren't to be restrained.......

Unlike ME when I'm unhappy.

If you all can prove Italian heritage; ALL unreasonable, false claims, and even ridiculous whining will be acceptable.

If not, then dammit just smile and be happy for us Italian princesses lol!

BTW: Karen is there a way to chnge my nick to Darby415?

After that recent BeeLog fiasco I got a VERY BAD impression of this forum before ever visiting and planned only to lurk. I did NOT envision becoming a community member; hence I used a much beloved but dead kitteh's nick.

Since I've been coerced by my newly-found interest in this community to join in I'd rather use my my normal nick, Darby415!

Darby415
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 am

Glad you feel that way Darby. I can change that nick for you before I hit the sack this AM (just home from work). Give me a few mins to do it!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 25, 2008 10:41 am

Welcome Darby! I am glad you are so happy with the change! And I too hope that you understand that we are not trying to take away your rainbow. We just want something that works for the rest of us too Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon May 26, 2008 7:32 pm

I don't know if I'm Italian. I'm half Armenian, half mutt, LOL. My dad's a Kentucky boy, and mostly German we think, but nobody much cared who came from where and as my husband always says of his family of mutts, if we haven't married one, just give us time!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 26, 2008 9:04 pm

I'm split down the middle, half Italian, half Irish.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Wed May 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Hey Tara! Meet another half Italian, half Irish! My poor kids now have German/Kentucky Heinz 57 added to that!

I always say, we talk with our hands, and don't know whether to have wine or beer, or both! It's just when we argue....with ourselves, if we don't win....lookout!
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed May 28, 2008 11:25 pm

lol!

I have one hell of a temper
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed May 28, 2008 11:31 pm

chelle wrote:I think that Joe is doing his job, and I think that Joe is a natural at it. HE is the PR person, meaning he could talk a snake into biting itsself.

BUT I also think he knows how important that spinning, half telling and hinting are, versus, outright lying, cheating and putting something that will come back and bite you in the ass in print.

I am not mad at Joe, and I will be honest, I hope he is NOT the one that comes here, because I know that he will be swarmed like white on rice. He did tell us lies, half truths and stirred up a hornets nest.

BUT I dont think he did it intentionally. DOnt get me wrong. I am PISSED. But I know that throwin a hissy at Joe aint gona change nothin. I know that telling him, or giving him a list (like we have been doin) of our concerns and demands will be turned over to the right people. He knows we got the short end of the stick, and I hope he can fix it. If he cant then maybe he can pass along enough information to get it done.

There is a reason they have a PR person. Its to handle the angry mobs. Smile I just hope we dont turn into one. Lets dont mob him. and PLEASE lets done PM him to death. He cant fix your my points account. He cant get you campaigns, and he sure aint gonna keep on comin back here if we act like a bunch of kids that aint never seen santa clause and attack him.

I'm still patiently waiting for his spin, it ought to be good. I can't imagine ignoring the agents is good PR. I will say I thought he was okay at it.... last week, it dwindled by the day. I think the bull shit fluff on the beelog tonight speaks volumes and sealed the deal on which way my thoughts go so to speak. The funny thing is I don't have any questions, oddly enough I just don't care anymore either way. I just think it's pretty shitty of them to just pretend there aren't people looking for answers. Not that I would expect any more of them.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed May 28, 2008 11:59 pm

I agree abotu the BS post on the blog today.

its almost like they are poking fun at us. someone has enough time to come up with all those numbers and shit instead of writing to the 'handful of people who are unhappy' to tell us to go to hell, or hang in there, or at least that they are sorry.

hell, I'd rather a kiss our ass, than a stupid trivia quiz..
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu May 29, 2008 12:04 am

Darby415 wrote:Hey Karen,

I'm SO not holding it against you! I'm an Italian I went on a ROYAL RANT a few months back about the NO Bzz-rewards.

I'm HAPPY now, so I expect all that aren't to be restrained.......

Unlike ME when I'm unhappy.

If you all can prove Italian heritage; ALL unreasonable, false claims, and even ridiculous whining will be acceptable.

If not, then dammit just smile and be happy for us Italian princesses lol!

BTW: Karen is there a way to chnge my nick to Darby415?

After that recent BeeLog fiasco I got a VERY BAD impression of this forum before ever visiting and planned only to lurk. I did NOT envision becoming a community member; hence I used a much beloved but dead kitteh's nick.

Since I've been coerced by my newly-found interest in this community to join in I'd rather use my my normal nick, Darby415!

I didn't read the whole thread but your post caught my attention because although I am NOT an Italian in any way, shape or form, I always WANTED to be.. lol... seriously.. I always thought it would be SOOO cool to be an italian mom who could slap her kids and hubby upside the head and say "because that's the way it is!"..
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 am

Connie wrote:

I didn't read the whole thread but your post caught my attention because although I am NOT an Italian in any way, shape or form, I always WANTED to be.. lol... seriously.. I always thought it would be SOOO cool to be an italian mom who could slap her kids and hubby upside the head and say "because that's the way it is!"..

We arent supposed to do that?
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 am

I am supposed to do that? dang the things I missed out on in mommy class! No wonder my Aunts say my mother is poor at Italian traditions, she didn't teach me that. That's one I could've used too!
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu May 29, 2008 11:46 am

chelle wrote:
Connie wrote:

We arent supposed to do that?

I thought the same thing! Joe C - Page 2 88315
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu May 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Seee.. we should ALL be Italian Princesses.. it just comes natural..
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender5803 Thu May 29, 2008 2:46 pm

Happy reading JoeC when you do get back to the board.
Ender5803
Ender5803

Number of posts : 548
Honeycomb : Level 6 to infinity and beyond...
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Thu May 29, 2008 2:50 pm

*looks for a red wine campaign*
Lucky
Lucky