Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

3 posters

Go down

Awakening to Your Life's Purpose Empty Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

Post by Scar Fri May 23, 2008 7:46 am

Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle

I just bought it.
I'd like comments opinions etc

.... (especially you kath) I love you
Scar
Scar
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Awakening to Your Life's Purpose Empty Re: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

Post by Starrlyte Fri May 23, 2008 9:11 am

I haven't read it yet, but I know people who have. I've heard mixed reviews. It's wordy and hard to understand (other's words), and they usually get it after reading it 2 or 3 times. They say once you get it, it's great. Again, other's words, not mine. I would love to know what you think!
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Scar Sat May 24, 2008 9:37 am

I have a couple of books on my night stand that are in the queue before Awakening

Starrlyte I've heard the same thing about "It's wordy and hard to understand "

I'll read it with a highlighter in hand....LOL
Scar
Scar

Number of posts : 1135
Honeycomb : Honey-Freaking-Bee-Finally!
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun May 25, 2008 7:09 am

I have not read this one. I have read so many similar books from Shakti Gawain, Chris Griscom ( I love her.. met her.. spent time visitng with her ) Deepak Chopra... and many others..
Lots of ARE books some by authors that I am acquainted with, due to my participation with ARE for so many years.

My son read this book, and it did help him see things differently.

I believe that when we are ready for a teacher s/he will come. If you feel drawn to this particular book.. read it..

I believe it is not in the reading, but the living. Oprah calls it living your best life.

I call it, doing the best that you can. Live life with gratitude. Treat others the way that you want your most beloved to be treated. Look for the good. Sometimes, it can be hard to find. Love, and love unconditionally. And for me, the bottom line is respect. Respect yourself, other beings, mother earth and your diety, whomever s/he might be.

I won't read this one. It doesn't call out to me, and frankly.. I suspect it is like the others. The Secret, What The Bleep ( Down The Rabbit Hole) . To me, they all say the same thing, and I have read, watched and learned it.

Mostly, I started learning it as a child from my greatest teacher, my grandmother. She taught me to see, not just look. She taught me to listen, not just hear. She taught me about unconditional love, and set me on the path of learning ...loving and respect.

I have studied this path for many years.. my first memory of this learning is when I was 3. They grow stronger and more vivid as the years went on.

If you have not stepped onto this path yet, this is a good place to start. Everyone needs a starting place. But remember, each journey means saying goodbye to someone or something. That is how we move on and grow. Each journey has its crooked paths, and large and small bumps in the road. The books and films are maps only, we have to to walk the paths ourselves.
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down