Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

news stories....thoughts?

+6
emach12
chelle
thebigscott
Rebecca1340
bizzeedee
kath
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

news stories....thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: news stories....thoughts?

Post by emach12 Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 pm

I did not read the story about the 12 year old boy...those stories are hard to read; no one wins in that situation. I stay away from obtaining information from the media, the media is biased and RARELY reports the whole story. When one gathers all of their information from the media, you get one side....NO ONE gets all the facts. If you want facts, obtain the police report and witness accounts yourself, to make a determination or opinion based on one side...simply is moronic.
Current trends regarding media and law enforcement is that they never report the day to day good things our officers do ALL THE TIME. The media feeds the sheep who want to believe that they are all a bunch of thug heads who are quick to pull their weapons.

I have MANY friends who are extremely well respected high ranking officers. Many of them are helping me with a research proposal I am doing for my education. I've learned a lot from them...and all of them..ALL OF THEM, HATE to draw their weapons.

Kath, I just want to say that I TRULY respect your opinions, if someone has different opinions than my own, I respect them, to stand behind those beliefs in opposition is respectable.

When you are dealing with an irate, psychotic person, who may be taking PCP...the situation where super-strength is in play...is the norm. This happens more than any of us will ever want to know.

I would be more than happy to post links to specific, credible recorded accounts of these things happening.

There was another time, again, that I saw that I man did not respond to pepper-spray or a taser. He is my ex. My ex is bi-polar, and periodically suffers from periods of psychosis. When he is in a psychotic state, he again has strength that is super-human.

On one occasion where he beat the crap out of me, in order to defend myself to get away from him...I kicked in the...well, cahuna's. I had boots on, he was dressed in underwear and a robe. Trust me, I kicked him square, my aim was excellent..I fought for my life.

The kick did nothing to him...he ended up trying to strangle me. Almost succeeded; but the police came. They got him off of me, and he took on 5 officers.

Pepper spray made him come after them more...one cop was sent to the hospital.

Taser...they missed, he was moving too much.

Finally, they got him to the ground and was able to cuff him....I respect the officers for what they did. They saved my life.

In my experience, a good officer is more than happy to sit and talk with someone about these things, it is often a lack of knowledge that us civilians have that make us fear or question an officer. If you have questions on procedure, and officer WILL talk to you about it. it may make their decisions and why they make them...a bit more clear.

As was stated above; education is key..that goes for us who are not criminals as well.
emach12
emach12
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 163
Honeycomb : sitting at 4
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://waitingforthestopsigntoturngreen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu May 08, 2008 9:46 pm

emach, I am so sorry that you had to experience that. news stories....thoughts? - Page 2 820607 Thank God you are safe now.

On a lighter note, when you mentioned the media only telling the most dramatic side of the story, it reminded me of something that happened in my town about 10 years ago. A small tornado came through town and did some property damage, but no one was hurt. Being a Sunday, there wasn't much to do in town except drive past the area to rubberneck at the buildings. It hit in a tourist area that specializes in craft items such as weaving, pottery, and quilts. The national guard was called in to direct traffic because pretty much everyone in town came out to see it.

So that night on the Lexington news (the city closest to us), the reporters talked about how the national guard had been called out to stop the looters.
Craft looters. news stories....thoughts? - Page 2 88315
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by emach12 Thu May 08, 2008 10:38 pm

news stories....thoughts? - Page 2 902459

Those pesky craft looters....

Just can not seem to get enough of that needle point; I hear it is rising in price in the black-market.

news stories....thoughts? - Page 2 504522

lol!
emach12
emach12
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 163
Honeycomb : sitting at 4
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://waitingforthestopsigntoturngreen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu May 08, 2008 10:57 pm

ROFLMAO!

I think it was funny taht when we had the huricanne that never was they literly had disapointment in their voices when they realized it wasnt going to hit new orleans and was gona hit in Beaumont.

I was up in North Texas watching it on the news, and the anchor was out there tied to a post and he said "well, I guess even if this one is bigger than Katrina, most folks have left, so there wont be tearjerking story, so we dont have much to report"

And they left. We were with out elec and everything for well over a month and they never came back. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri May 09, 2008 9:03 am

I remember a CNN weatherman saying Beaumont was being "lambasted" is that even a word?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri May 09, 2008 9:14 am

Yup. It means to beat or whip, reprimand or berate. But come to think of it, I think I've only heard it used on the news or in print. I've never actually known anyone who uses it in conversation. Maybe I'll have to start.

I really felt like lambasting the kids this morning. But I resisted the urge.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat May 10, 2008 8:32 am

Hey I am lambaste on daily basis!! Smile

LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2