Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+7
Honey
chelle
bizzeedee
thebigscott
Rebecca1340
Maggie
kath
11 posters

Go down

GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kath Sun May 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Thanks to the fact that we have four students that came in last week hacking their heads off and with low grade fevers...
Who have moms with caller ID so they never asnwer the phone if we call..

I am sick..

cold.. getting worse by the hour..

I am doing all the usual things and remedies but Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I am mad.
kath
kath
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1338
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Maggie Sun May 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Aww Kath I'm sorry!
And hope you get better soon!
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by kath Sun May 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Me too.. I am leaving in a few days for my daughters wedding reception. I have been looking forward to it for a year....

Thanks for the well wishes...
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun May 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Oh no! hopefully some echinacea will nip it in the bud!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 04, 2008 6:02 pm

GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 820607 I'm so sorry, Kath. You've just had the worst luck lately. Sad
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:Oh no! hopefully some echinacea will nip it in the bud!

Didn't Barney Fife say all the latest experts were in favor of bud nipping?
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun May 04, 2008 6:15 pm

echinacea is in the mix..lol

And.. I guess that depends on your point of view... sigh..
I had a very bad experience friday, but miraculously had help with it saturday morning.
The outfit I am wearing finally came in in the right size and it fits perfectly.

Its just that I am out of sick days, and even if I had some, they frown on us using them.
So they let the kids come in sick.. even though we have a policy against kids with fevers..
and then staff gets sick and the place sounds like a TB ward

Anyway.. At least I have a week, and hopefully I will be able to get to the end of it.. or at least feel better by friday night when we have the wine and cheese evening..........

I try to always look for the silver lining..

lately, it has been kinda hard.... but I am trying..

thanks for they sympathy though..

it always helps! Smile

BTW I wish all the blasted Penguins.. ( hockey) would be kidnapped by aliens.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 6:51 pm

kath wrote:echinacea is in the mix..lol

And.. I guess that depends on your point of view... sigh..
I had a very bad experience friday, but miraculously had help with it saturday morning.
The outfit I am wearing finally came in in the right size and it fits perfectly.

Its just that I am out of sick days, and even if I had some, they frown on us using them.
So they let the kids come in sick.. even though we have a policy against kids with fevers..
and then staff gets sick and the place sounds like a TB ward

Anyway.. At least I have a week, and hopefully I will be able to get to the end of it.. or at least feel better by friday night when we have the wine and cheese evening..........

I try to always look for the silver lining..

lately, it has been kinda hard.... but I am trying..

thanks for they sympathy though..

it always helps! Smile

BTW I wish all the blasted Penguins.. ( hockey) would be kidnapped by aliens.

glad to hear you're doing more than echinacea... since I know you're onto alternative meds, I have confidence you'll kick this soon, or at least feel well enough to go... which I know you'll do regardless of how you fell. Heck, I know about "these times of your life" that short of death, you just won't miss.

I wished you had sick days left... what would they do if you were hospitalized? make you come into work? Naw don't think so... so honestly, if you get so bad as to think about it, well then blast them, take days off. I say no job is so important that it takes priority over our lives.

I had meant to ask you earlier, when are you leaving?
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 04, 2008 6:57 pm

You poor thing! i know everyone has a remedy. BUT I swear, this year I have gotten headcolds and havent been able to take anything. Pregnant then nursing and wehn Bow was just a month old he got one. Coughing, hacking, snottin all over. everyone had it. I put the kids on OTC meds, BR on OTC meds and Bow nd I did saline nasel spray. We were better a full week before them! I promise!!

come to find out the saline kills the bacteria, in addition to clearing out the sinusus.. I know my grandmother used to do it, but that was way before all the new meds, and all that crap. Now I swear by it! Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun May 04, 2008 7:09 pm

chelle wrote:You poor thing! i know everyone has a remedy. BUT I swear, this year I have gotten headcolds and havent been able to take anything. Pregnant then nursing and wehn Bow was just a month old he got one. Coughing, hacking, snottin all over. everyone had it. I put the kids on OTC meds, BR on OTC meds and Bow nd I did saline nasel spray. We were better a full week before them! I promise!!

come to find out the saline kills the bacteria, in addition to clearing out the sinusus.. I know my grandmother used to do it, but that was way before all the new meds, and all that crap. Now I swear by it! Smile

I agree that saline nasal spray is a good one, available in most stores. Another, Colloidal Silver is good, and one Chuck is using both for throat & nose... but that one isn't always available in drug stores, at least not around her.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Mon May 05, 2008 6:26 am

ok

my long post disappeared

I am using saline.... always do..

If I were hospitalized they would put me on FMLA and write me up

They wrote me up last year when I said I would be off one day after surgery/ biopsy but the anesthesia made me sick for nearly three days. They wrote me up then.

They give us one sick day a month, but if we are sick more than one day every three months.. they write us up...

I have had a rough couple of years....... sick a lot, my father passed last year... and I was sick at the time... i took one extra day after bereavement. Verbal warning..
That is why staff comes is so sick and get each other sick

Also, the kids can be fevering over 103 and they suggest the parent com ein...

nightmare, trust me.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 05, 2008 8:21 am

kath wrote:ok

my long post disappeared

I am using saline.... always do..

If I were hospitalized they would put me on FMLA and write me up

They wrote me up last year when I said I would be off one day after surgery/ biopsy but the anesthesia made me sick for nearly three days. They wrote me up then.

They give us one sick day a month, but if we are sick more than one day every three months.. they write us up...

I have had a rough couple of years....... sick a lot, my father passed last year... and I was sick at the time... i took one extra day after bereavement. Verbal warning..
That is why staff comes is so sick and get each other sick

Also, the kids can be fevering over 103 and they suggest the parent com ein...

nightmare, trust me.
Maybe you should unionize ! then go on strike... all of you. I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound like a good place to work. I know you love your job, but the organization doesn't seem to love it's employees!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon May 05, 2008 10:11 am

I am so sorry you are sick kath GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 820607
I have a spray I use when ever I think I may be around people with germs. It cleans your personal air space and smells pretty good too. It is called Buddha Nose. If I were you, I would get some and spray myself all day at school. If I were going to be a plane I wouldn't go on without using this either. http://www.buddhanose.com/imbosp4oz.html
I know you know all about nautural remedies, but I am not sure what you do use, so I wanted to mention one I swear by, but I find not many people know about. When I start feeling a cold or flu coming on, I load up on elderberry. It has been proven that it can destroy a virus and keep it from replicating. My favorite brand is Sambucol. It is a ligiud and tastes a bit like Mogan David wine lol. If you need an antibiotic, then I can't say enough good about grapefruit seed extract. That stuff can kill just about anything. I have even used it to stop antibiotic resistant strep. Cured my daughter and kept her out of the hosptal. It even works to kill worms in my pets and bugs on my house plants. This stuff is amazing!!

Last edited by Honey on Mon May 05, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 05, 2008 10:18 am

This sort of makes me angry. I'm tired of hearing experts on tv telling us to just keep our kids (and ourselves) home if we're in doubt and then we all get penalized when we try to follow that advice.

Spray 'em all with Oust, Kath!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Mon May 05, 2008 11:02 am

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Kath. I don't understand these parents that don't answer the phone.. I ALWAYS do if the school calls.. never know what could have happened.

I also NEVER send my children to school if thier hacking or have low grade fevers.. its not a public babysitting service.

I hope you're feeling much better soon.

GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 820607
Scarlett
Scarlett
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Mon May 05, 2008 11:27 am

*69 when you call them that way that it comes up unknown. Sorry you are ill.
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Scarlett wrote:I'm sorry you're not feeling well Kath. I don't understand these parents that don't answer the phone.. I ALWAYS do if the school calls.. never know what could have happened.

I also NEVER send my children to school if thier hacking or have low grade fevers.. its not a public babysitting service.

I hope you're feeling much better soon.

GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 820607

Amen to that! Our schools have some sort of regulation that allows only five parent excuses per year, and the rest require a doctor's note. So of course the doctor's offices are alway full of kids who just have a simple cold and should be home in bed. And every school year I get a letter from the school saying that if I continue to keep my kids home without doctor's notes I will be brought up on charges (neglect I think). But I do it anyway. There is no point in sending a sick kid to school (they will not learn well and will only get the others sick) or taking them to a Dr's office full of germs when I know their immune system is weak and I know the doctor can do nothing for them that I can't.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 05, 2008 3:40 pm

AMEN Karen. Not only that, but who can afford 80.00 for a Dr to tell them they are a freakin mo-ron for bringin the kid in when they cant treat it with Rx meds.

I get the letter too. and I DARE them to take me up on charges. D A R E
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon May 05, 2008 3:54 pm

We get a letter saying "your child has missed 5 days, and further absences need to be excused", Well, they don't want them at school sick, I am not paying for a Dr for every sniffle. I keep mine home if she is sick, or even not feeling well.....who knows, she may Get sick during the day.

I thought everyone had caller ID?
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue May 06, 2008 6:17 am

Honey wrote:I am so sorry you are sick kath GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 820607
I have a spray I use when ever I think I may be around people with germs. It cleans your personal air space and smells pretty good too. It is called Buddha Nose. If I were you, I would get some and spray myself all day at school. If I were going to be a plane I wouldn't go on without using this either. http://www.buddhanose.com/imbosp4oz.html
I know you know all about nautural remedies, but I am not sure what you do use, so I wanted to mention one I swear by, but I find not many people know about. When I start feeling a cold or flu coming on, I load up on elderberry. It has been proven that it can destroy a virus and keep it from replicating. My favorite brand is Sambucol. It is a ligiud and tastes a bit like Mogan David wine lol. If you need an antibiotic, then I can't say enough good about grapefruit seed extract. That stuff can kill just about anything. I have even used it to stop antibiotic resistant strep. Cured my daughter and kept her out of the hosptal. It even works to kill worms in my pets and bugs on my house plants. This stuff is amazing!!

Honey...... I will look into that right away....
it is just the sort of thing I like to use...

I do prefer natural remedies, but I take western meds when necessary. I would be foolish not to.
Yesterdays dx? Strep and sinus infection. Unable to breathe or swallow or shake the fever. Doctors office was a fiasco....
they have no idea how to be efficient. Finally managed to shake the fever.

Maybe you should unionize ! then go on strike... all of you. I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound like a good place to work. I know you love your job, but the organization doesn't seem to love it's employees!
You could not be more correct... They certainly do not value the employees. Without us, there is no school... but there are always more warm bodies out there to take our places if we leave. If the turnover is high, its bad for the kids..
our pay is the lowest around and they have not been able to hire an experienced therapist in years. New grads need jobs too, but some experience in a place like ours is helpful.

oh and who said elderberry? I always have some.. good stuff!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue May 06, 2008 6:19 am

Oh and Honey, I used to have a spray similar to that when I ran the Vets office... Doug used it on fractious cats.... I used it on fractious front desk folks..when they started in I would just spray the area and the did settle down!
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum