Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irritating TV commercials

+3
tara
bizzeedee
Nyssa
7 posters

Go down

Irritating TV commercials Empty Irritating TV commercials

Post by Nyssa Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Things have been really slow around here lately, so I thought I'd toss a hand grenade into the mix and see if I could stir up some discussion. Smile

I watch very little TV (average less than 2 hours per day), but I seem to see a LOT of commercials, and some of them really are especially irritating to me. To wit:

1) Any of the series of commercials for Tyson's Anytisers chicken products. The kids in the ads are messy, rude, and obnoxious, but the mom just smiles without telling them to get their feet off the furniture, pick up the spilled chips and cookies, or for the non-family kids to stay out of her fridge. Instead the mom *rewards* the brats by heating up an over-priced package of this Tyson junk! At around $7-8 per bag, how many parents do you know could afford to put out a platter of these for the neighbor kids to munch on for just a snack? (Not only that the Tyson stuff tastes terrible compared to similar products by Purdue.) In this economy most families are lucky if they've got $8 to spend on a *meal* for the family much less just idle munchies. This ad fails on so many levels.

and

2) ANY commercial for prescription-only drugs. These are not impulse purchases! And don't ya just love the long list of side effects they babble out near the end of the ad? "Side effects, some fatal, have occurred" and "some side effects may be life-threatening." Yeah, push these puppies like laundry detergent and candy bars! Over-medication is a real problem and so are a lot of these side effects, some of which don't show up for years and then it's just plain too late.

Anyone else care to add their non-favorites to my gripe list?

Nyssa
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Irritating TV commercials Empty Re: Irritating TV commercials

Post by bizzeedee Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Hey Nyssa, I don't know about the Anytisers commercials, but definitely agree on the perscription only commercials... why would I want to ask my doctor about taking something after listening to the the 'possible' side effects. I've gotten to the point when watching TV, I can tune out commercials, either by zoning out or reading a magazine which is always sitting table side.

When I do watch, and if I actually started a list of irritating commercials, I'm afraid our space here would run out and we'd be axed Very Happy
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:50 pm

I don't watch much TV, if I do it's usually PBS with the kids. I haven't seen the Tyson commercials but I can agree they are pretty nasty! I also can't stand the RX commercials. I doubt any of you will know what I am talking about but i HATE the Billy Fuscillo commercials. HATE them. I can not watch tv without seeing at least three of them. Every other commercial is him. He's a car salesman and it's HUUUUUUUGE Tom. If every other car dealership in NY closes shop I will get a horse and buggy before I will buy one from him.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Tara, I think every city.state has one of those obnixous car dealers doing commercials. We do, as well as a company in Nashville (which is were most of our TV comes from) has some over the top blond and her husband selling pools and spas.. Hate, Hate, Hate, voices are like nails on a chalk board!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:59 am

Yeah, I enjoyed explaining Priapism to my then 11 year old. I agree about Tyson, Perdue rocks, and they make Cars2 chicken nuggets....cannot beat Mater and Lightning mcqueen
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:59 am

There's a car salesman in Rose City whose commercials drive me crazy. He makes it sound like anyone can get a nice new car, and I think it's so irresponsible. Come on down and pick one out, then fill out the credit app and we'll bring the vehicle to you. Only it's vee-hickle. Um, nobody says vee-hickle in northern Michigan - just him. What a dick, don't get me started.

I feel like parents in the Tyson commercial that you describe deserve their bratty kids. Ask for no respect and get no respect in return. Thanks, Tyson, for supporting the brats and not the parents, though.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanya32834 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:04 am

The only commercial I can think of that is irritating is that stupid Huggies commercial. It's the one with the dad changing the baby boys diaper and him (the baby, not the dad) peeing all over the place like a geyser. They must play that commercial every other break on the soap that I record.
I tend to TIVO most shows I watch so I can fast/forward thru the commercials.

Tanya Irritating TV commercials 765670

Tanya32834
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 73
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 am

I count myself lucky to have missed that one, Tanya. Enjoy it a few times for me! Twisted Evil
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:32 pm

I haven't seen the Tyson's commercials but yes! The Rx drug commercials should be illegal! It is an issue.Most people don't even hear or read the side effects although most drugs have possible side effects,even aspirin! Most of the possible side effects are dose-related meaning for example if you take huge doses of aspirin for a while you will probably get gastro-intestinal bleeding.

On the other hand,I loveeeeee Evian's new commercials! I love Evian ,it's the only water I can drink,most of them taste horrible to me. The rap music and baby body t-shirts are too cute!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:26 pm

I really like the NYS lottery commercials. The tune is very catchy, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down