Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal)

+6
agaphmou
Connie
chelle
Lori
Rebecca1340
bizzeedee
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal) Empty Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal)

Post by bizzeedee Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:51 pm

I kind of think there are several of us who would like to chat about the upcoming royal wedding (and those past), so would one of you Moderators move the posts from Cover Girl Campaign (US & Canadian) that we highjacked to here?

Thanks.

I did a search for Kate's dress this afternoon... lots of designers have ideas and photos and sketchings... I think Kate will get with something more subdued after viewing pictures... sure she's young, modern and beautiful, but I don't think she'll go off the charts... this is, afterall, a 'royal wedding' and she's always going to have to step in front of grandmother-in-law!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal) Empty Re: Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal)

Post by Rebecca1340 Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:59 pm

If no one else sees this I'll move them tomorrow. I'm on my iPhone right now and things like that are a bit of a pain if I'm not on my computer.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal) Empty Re: Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal)

Post by bizzeedee Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:If no one else sees this I'll move them tomorrow. I'm on my iPhone right now and things like that are a bit of a pain if I'm not on my computer.

thanks Rebecca. I just sort of felt we hijacked the tread
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 am

I'm going to leave the other stuff in the other thread for now. It's not too distracting.

Tomorrow on the Today Show, they're having Diana's wedding gown in their studio. So tune in if you're interested in a close-up look. I hope they show the shoes. I just loved those. The soles are suede (so she wouldn't slip), and they're hand-painted.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 pm

I just heard that the guy that owns Kate's favourite pub got invited to the wedding. As exciting as it would be for a commoner to get invited, how would you ever decided on an appropriate gift?
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:29 pm

geeze- I guess they are not registared at target or walmart huh? LOL

chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:19 pm

a year's supply of ale?

Poor Ellen Degeneres, she's learned she's a 15th cousin or somthing like that from Kate, and she's still hoping/begging/kidding about her invite LOL
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Here's the official Royal Wedding website.

http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Lori wrote:Here's the official Royal Wedding website.

http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/

Love this ... I"ll be making my daily stops.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 am

Am I the only one who is already tired of the wedding? I would have loved it and been glued to the "telly" if it hadn't been going on for two months already..

I do have to admit the other day my eldest brought up a great point.. I was a HUGE fan of Princess Diana because we got married in the same year..had a first born the same year (and had the same crappy marriage)... well guess whose kids are getting married the same year? My sweet lovely first born is getting married the same year as Princess Kate and Prince William...

So I guess in some weird way I need to understand the hoopla and all that goes with it.. lol really I do love the irony..
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:01 am

OK, so this is something fun and different! I just got a call from my niece who lives in Grand Rapids. She said she won tickets from her local radio station to watch the royal wedding on a big screen at a theater. She asked me if I was interested in going with her. YEP! I'm up for an adventure! She's going to give me details after she picks the tickets up later today. I wonder if we'll need to be at the theater at 4 am when coverage starts? FUN!

flower
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:11 am

oh, you'll need a new dress, shoes and of course a hat and white gloves Wink
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:24 am

If it's at 4 am I'll probably need a robe. Very Happy
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Lori wrote:If it's at 4 am I'll probably need a robe. Very Happy
Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal) 88315 I guess you best get your bum to GR the day before !
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 am

Lori wrote:If it's at 4 am I'll probably need a robe. Very Happy

That would so be "me".. I would show up but in my jammies!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:07 am

Since you are all followers of the wedding,you just HAVE to see this video spoof of the wedding I just saw. On youtube search royal wedding spoof.It's hysterical!!!!! And unbelievable how close these people look to the royals!!!
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 pm

I found out a little more. The doors open at 4:30 am, with pre-wedding coverage beginning at 5 and the wedding coverage at 6. There will be an English breakfast served, and there will be prizes & more. It's spnsored by a radio station, so the prizes may just be radio station branded merchandise. Here's what they gave her:

Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal) H2-roy10

Oops, the right side looks like it got cut off.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:51 pm

oh the theater you're going to is one of the nicest in GR... built/opened after we left, but in a great shopping area... save time for that ! Knapps Corner.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Kate & Will's wedding (and all things royal) Prince10
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Laughing
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Coverage here starts at 2 AM. I'm working that night anyway so I'll probably be tuning in -- it beats infomercials and Housewife shows! I've been surprised at how interested people in the US have been. I expected a lot of coverage here where they are still our monarchs, but thought the US networks would have more of a passing interest.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:45 pm

They were just as interested if not more in princess Diana's wedding to the big-eared thing,but I hink it's mostly the press that gets all these Americans so interested in it.It's almost all they talk about lately.As one of the newscasters last night said,they feed us all these no-brain stories so that we don't think about what else is going on.Then he stated that we actually went back into Lybia over the weekend with unpiloted planes and bombed Lybia,but we didn't hear it in the news
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Athena, I don't necessarily agree... I love fairy tales and pricess' stories... I don't recall that there were any conflicts going on when Diana was married, which proves my point, it's all about the fantasy, not to take me away from current day events... heck, I see every day on the news they're going on.

I just love romance!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Yes most women love a good romance,princess love story,yadda,yadda,but whichever tv station you turn to that's all they're talking about lately.You don't find it strange? I'll be watching the wedding if I'm home,but I don't need to hear all the details and rumors and whatever every day.I'm almost sick of it already the way they are treating it here.
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:13 pm

You can pick and choose what TV you watch, I personally don't watch E! or those types of shows... sure the networks will have a lot of stuff this week, and the internet... but I can pick and choose. I definitely won't be getting up at 4 in the morning to watch the wedding (although I will admit I did for Dianana's wedding)... because I know I can watch a rehash on 20/20 that night. Like I said, I'm not on all things royal because I pick and choose LOL
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next