Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone tried Keurig?

+5
kleenaechs
Lori
amybeccaz
tara
KellyM
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone tried Keurig? Empty Anyone tried Keurig?

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I've been interested in a Keurig machine...but haven't tried one. A while back when Houseparty had the Keurig party I first became aware of it, but didn't get the party and so therefore have never tried a Keurig brewer. It would be great to me, I'm pretty much the only one that drinks coffee (JJ has the occasional cup) and it would be nice to make it a cup at a time rather than try to frig with making a full pot or partial pot, I'd be able to make it as I drank it. They are expensive though and I don't really want to think about buying one without being informed. Also, if anyone happens to notice over the next few months that anyone is having an awesome sale or deal on a Keurig brewer...please post on the board and let me know...!
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried Keurig? Empty Re: Anyone tried Keurig?

Post by tara Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 pm

My mom has one and she loves it. I prefer my bunn, but I drink a lot of coffee and couldn't see myself suffering one cup at a time or the cost of the cups. I think it would be great of you only drink a cup.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 pm

For a while now, I've been drinking two cups in the morning. I used to drink a lot more but am trying to cut down my caffeine intake. I'd really like to try one...but that's a big chunk of change..
It makes me angry because a friend of mine got the Keurig Houseparty and didn't have the party and just kept everything for herself. I told her that I wasn't happy about her doing that because I would have loved to actually throw the party and eventually that HP would figure out she was cheating or that someone would report her. She's still getting a ton of houseparties compared to my 1 party a year average...but I can't for sure say that I know she's cheating or not now because she lives in a different state now.

However, she happily drinks coffee from her Keurig every morning ...lol

On the TV the other day I saw a commercial for the Nescafe Dolce Gusto that looked good too...I guess it will depend on whether anyone I know has tried either machine and how good they are and of course what's the best deal I can find...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 pm

I don't drink coffee, but I saw a deal at Sam's going on.... for some reason, I thought it was a pretty decent price for it. Can't remember for the life of me what it was though....
amybeccaz
amybeccaz
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:42 am

DH has a Keurig at the office. Everyone loves it because they sell such a huge variety of teas and coffees for it. I'm just not a flavored coffee drinker. He did mention that Sam's sells the coffee and you can buy in quantity and save a lot.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 am

If you do get it Amazon frequently offers some pretty good deals on the K cups... plus you get 15% (I think) if you sign up for auto deliveries
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:43 am

I am way too cheap to pay the price for these machines & supplies. I drink just one cup of coffee in the morning & one in the afternoon. I don't have a problem making just one cup in my regular coffee maker. I make an entire pot on auto setting, for hubby to drink when he gets up for work. Then when I get up later, I make one cup for me.

kleenaechs

Number of posts : 641
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am

Dh has one at work, he likes it, but the Kcups are expensive compared to other coffees.
I gave Kristin a Senseo a while back, you might consider it, cheaper, and the pods are cheaper....and still one cup at a time.
http://www.senseostore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=SEN+49970

I am a coffee snob, I only use whole bean, and I prefer Starbucks Komodo Dragon. I have a Cuisinart that grinds the beans, filters the water, and makes the coffee....18 lovely cups at a time.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 pm

my college roommate had one of the machines, although I'm not sure which brand it was, but she loved it...Tassimo was in the name i think.

cheaper might be a coffee maker that you can program to make only how many cups that you want...

or they have ground coffee that comes in tea bags and you just leave it in until its to the strength that you want it...
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 pm

I researched these pretty extensively because I also didn't get the keurig party back then, I was upset,but it made me want one badly.I tried the huge mama keurig at schlessiger associates when I did a paid project in their office.It was easy,and I tried the french vanilla and it was awesome.One thing I found out when reading the reviews on amazon on the keurigs is that they recently changed the pump mchanism on them and they are not working well and/or breaking down very fast. That totally stopped me from buying it.

Now I want a dolce gusto.the design is so cute,it looks like a duck and it comes in white,red and black and the cups for it include cappucino,lattes,specialty coffees,which is why I want to get this one
agaphmou
agaphmou

Number of posts : 4523
Honeycomb :

Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:55 pm

I saw the commercial for the Nescafe Dolce Gusto.. that did look good too and I love cappuccino (well French Vanilla cappuccino anyway)...but I haven't researched it yet
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:03 pm

It's my understanding with the Keurig you can get the k-cup thing that you can use your own coffee in if you want. It doesn't appear that the Dolce Gusto has that option..
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am

I think you're right,but I don't trust the keurig after what I read
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:31 pm

DH said their machine stopped working a couple of weeks ago and they called Keurig. Keurig sent a new machine but asked for one part back from the other machine. So I agree, they may not be the most reliable.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm

From what I can gather, the B60 machine (which happened to be the one I was most interested in) seems to have some issues. Many people who have bought one have experienced problems with them. Apparently though a large percentage of those state that Keurig customer service is excellent and sends them a new brewer. Now I also looked at the B40....the reviews for that model are consistently better and it's the cheaper model. The differences between the B60 and B40 are that the B60 has 3 different size cup settings, the largest being 10 or 10.5 oz. It's more expensive at $129.-$149 depending on where you buy it from, and it has a digital display area. The B40 has two cup settings the largest being 9oz, the price is $99. and it doesn't appear to have a digital display.

Now, I did check into the Nescafe Dolce Gusto..the reviews seem to be okay, the machines are $100-$200 depending on what model you pick, but you don't have the option of using your own ground coffee in a reusable pod like you can with Keurig, so you HAVE to use the pods for every cup you drink (which would be too expensive for me to have to do all of the time.) There also aren't many choices in the pods at all (under 10) compared to Keurig which has WAY too many brands to list. Keurig also not only has tons of different kinds of coffee K-cups, but they have hot apple cider, hot chocolate, and tea k-cups in different varieties too...

I think I'm going to go with Keurig..possibly the cheaper model B40 with the better reviews... I don't know, that friend of mine I mentioned who got the Keurig through Houseparty...she's still using hers and hasn't had a problem with it yet. I think I may just wait and hold off a bit longer and see if they don't start offering deals on these after Thanksgiving..maybe I'll get a better deal.

Last edited by KellyM on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:14 pm

i think the party was before the bad reviews though
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 pm

I bought a Tassimo today, for a wedding gift....I hope it got good reviews.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:33 pm

I think it's good,but I didn't look it up
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 am

I went searching way back to find this review since my opinion has changed on these...
My college roommate has a Tassimo and loved it... i thought it was neat, but was staying away from coffee at the time. She always offered to share with us.
My current school that I'm student teaching at, has a Keurig for the teachers to use/enjoy. I haven't tried it yet, but I already noticed one big flaw in my book...the Tassimo has the t-disks that are more of a all in one or two step process(to make a cappuccino or a coffee that isn't just coffee) with a milk/creamer t-disc(no refridgeration required). The Keurig does not, so you have to buy creamer if you don't drink your coffee black.
The school has provided plain powdered creamer since there is not a fridge nearby...yuck!
I think I'll stick to bringing my travel cup from home...it may be instant taster's choice, but at least I've got the liquid CoffeeMate in some pretty tasty flavors at home!

And if I'm ever offered a keurig, I will turn it down in favor of something that includes the milk/creamer pods(or whatever you call them).
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 am

Yes,it's true .Keurig makes regular coffee drinks,no specialty drinks.It's too bad they have no fridge there
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:50 pm

I was actually kinda surprised that they don't make specialty drinks...whats the point of getting the chai pods if it not a chai latte pod?
I'm sure they have a fridge, but in another building...most of the teachers have little mini fridges in their rooms. And the keurig is in a little cubby space in the enclosed hallway.
It is the first school though, that has Keurigs for the teachers to enjoy...
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Real milk tastes better than the pod milk anyway in my opinion.I have no idea what the pod milk really is
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:52 pm

I actually got a Keurig this past Dec. I really like it, much more than I expected!
Keurig does have a new machine called the Vue. It uses Vue packs instead of k cups. They do have specialty drinks. They use two cups, one being a dairy cup. I also heard this week that Starbucks is coming out with a single serve machine and it does make espresso based drinks with real dairy in the cups.

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenaechs Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:53 pm

BTW House Party is having a Keurig Vue party. Not sure if it is still open to apply or not though.

kleenaechs

Back to top Go down

Post by agaphmou Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 pm

hmm pretty cool
agaphmou
agaphmou

Honeycomb :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum