Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

took pictures and HATE them....

+2
bizzeedee
chelle
6 posters

Go down

took pictures and HATE them.... Empty took pictures and HATE them....

Post by chelle Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

I entered a mom and me contest for Rayleyand I- a friend owns a photog studio- and I entered us.

I HATE the pic. there were lots of others, but if I was smiling and looked good, Rayley had a bug eyed look- and when she looked good, I looked like shit. LOL

ITs awful. I have never been pretty in the classic sense of the word. I am either cute, or attractive. I know this. soI wasntexpecting her to turn me into a playboy model. LOL I just didnt realize I had gotten SOOO old. or it show'd SOOO badly.

This is why there are no pictures of me- I dont look cute in candid shots, smile toobig in posed pictures. I am just NOT photogenic. PERIOD. LOL

But I am just SOOOO disapointed. NOT in her photography- she did great- butin the way I look- I could literly cry...
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

took pictures and HATE them.... Empty Re: took pictures and HATE them....

Post by chelle Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:13 pm

OHOHOH and thissounds like a pityparty and a 'tell her she is beautiful' type fishing post... Its not.. Its just a vent. I justguess I didnt realize howold I really did look.. Sad lol
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:45 pm

As my mom used to say... I think it's time for you to take a nap.

Chill Chelle... that picture of you and Rayley is darling ... of both of you!
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:47 pm

You're not alone there, Chelle. I actually do think you look cute in photos. Now I am the most unphotogenic person in the world! The world, I say! We had church pphotos taken and I had my eyes shut in every one of them. And no excuses- the guy had a digital camera. We got the hard sell on the photos afterwards and I said "Why would I want to buy photos in which I have my eyes shut?".

I feel bad sometimes when I think about my kids not even having a decent picture of me. Let alone a family photo.

Plan on NOT seeing any photos from my cruise.
took pictures and HATE them.... 621432
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:01 pm

I know you weren't fishing for everyone to tell you that you're beautiful, and I know you're not having a pity party.
You are very beautiful though Chelle, but I know what you mean. Lately I've noticed crows feet and puffy eyes, and a few other things that kind of crept up on me when I wasn't looking. It bothered me for a while, I notice it in pictures and when I look in the mirror..But I just decided that they are a part of me and I earned them. Sometimes I tell myself that they are laugh lines and if I live to have plenty then that means I will have laughed a lot. But I notice some others my same age who have REALLY aged, not just cosmetically but physically and some who haven't aged at all...we're all at the mercy of our bodies and time..

We also are our own worst critic, I notice every little line, or my eyelid sagging..etc. Kris doesnt notice any of that, I was talking about it the other day and he looked at me funny, he couldn't understand what I was talking about. I literally had to walk right up to him and point at the things I was talking about..and even then he thought I was exaggerating in my mind that things were so much more visible than they are. I probably was.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:07 pm

You are beautiful. Try to remember that all those signs of age aren't flaws. They don't take away from a woman's perfection. They show her true inner self, her character, how she's lived her life. Smile lines and stretch marks just show we have lived and loved to the fullest.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:57 pm

awww thanks y'all But that might be stretching it- I'll accept attractive. LOL

I am usually shocked when I see how old the people I graduated with look. LOL

I dont know- there were a fewpics I did like- but Rayley really did look like a moron in them all. LOL Even this one she isnt at her best. And she usually does photograph well- but is at that stage with the goofy smiles.

Lori, I LOVE your avatar in FB- I think it wasa great picture.

chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Chelle I SO wished I could look as good as you.. I HATE pics of me and just this last year or two started realizing that I LIKE all my old pics (which at the time I thought I hated)... and I don't want to die someday soon and have no pics of me and my kids.... so I have started trying to learn to make sure that ther are pics of me whether I like them or not!

I figure that someday I will again look back and think "hey I didn't look so bad afterall"... lol... all we can do is HOPE.. right? Smile

In the meantime.. rest assured.. to the rest of us.. you look beautiful and awesome!
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 pm

awww thank you connie Smile

Some I can look back on and admit I like- but honestly, I dont realize how skinny I am until I see pics, and I hate it. makes me look like a bobble head... LOL

Since there are no pics of BR and I, or even me, or him, none from my teens are 20's.. I know I need more. Like you I worry about there never being any- so I do need to get over it LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:41 pm

I can lend you some of my "unskinny" chelle...lol.. I agree with Connie. I used to hate my pics..then as I've gotten older I look back at the earlier pics and wish I could look like that now.. Smile I have hardly any pics of me from my early 20's to now..a fact I will have to remedy as well....
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:40 pm

What really cracks me up is that now I am learning how to have a picture of me taken... I always thought I needed to lift my chin to get rid of the "double chin" but have learned that isn't the case... I need to drop my chin to avoid it... then thank goodness there are the FB pics.. Look UP at the camera... haha..

Thank goodness for technology!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down