Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clothes Line

+11
Scarlett
aurora04
chelle
tara
edbson
brandiland73
Cali
thebigscott
cheyandwysmom
Lori
Rebecca1340
15 posters

Go down

Clothes Line Empty Clothes Line

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 am

Anyone else have one? I've got one and just put my first load of the year on it. I'd use it year round if the laundry wouldn't freeze in the winter!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Clothes Line Empty Re: Clothes Line

Post by Lori Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 am

I think I'd like to put one up this year. Things just smell so nice when they've dried outside. I'll change my mind after the first time my laundry gets drenched in the rain.

In these environmentally aware times why aren't we Bzzing a great new high-tech clothesline?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:09 am

That would make sense to me! I guess BzzAgent is too busy trying to make my teeth fall out with Crest White Strips!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 am

I love my clothesline! I've been hanging clothes out since late March. Dodging the rain has been a little bit of a problem, but I absolutely love the smell of line-dried clothes! When I was growing up, we weren't allowed to use the dryer for anything for 3 seasons of the year, so I'm not sure I could live anywhere without a line now!
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:21 am

i have one but only use it for sheets and blankets
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:24 am

The load I have out there right now are the kids' sheets. I can't hang our's or dh's clothes until a little later in the season because the pollen drives his allergies nuts!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:44 am

I love my clothesline! I live in Southern California - I simply don't understand why people would use a clothes dryer, when it is consistently in the 90's, with low humidity. Clotheslines work great to save money, the environment, and wear & tear on your clothes. Also, hanging out laundry isn't bad exercise either.

OK - I don't care about the negative - it's timeconsuming, neighbours see it(I live rural - so, not my problem) blah, blah, blah Laughing
Cali
Cali
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:49 am

I have one and use it occasionally but my problem right now is love bugs. They are everywhere. Oh yeah and I dont put my bath towels on the line because then they are scratchy
brandiland73
brandiland73
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:03 pm

I had one, loved to use it. BUT I forgot a few things on it last Sept,Went to bed and woke up to Hurricane Humberto making a direct hit on us, and my Victoria Secret bra was in my neighbors tree!

I might put up anothr one, if I can convinve DD's darn dog to leave stuff alone.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiland73 Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:15 pm

lol
brandiland73
brandiland73

Number of posts : 710
Honeycomb : Five....I think
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://home.comcast.net/~brandihampson/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:33 pm

I have one and use it as much as possible- if it ain't freezin, the clothes are hanging. I have allergies so I end up throwing my clothes and Saige's in the dryer afterwards for a couple minutes, but it sure saves on my power bill.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:20 pm

I had one at my old house. I havent put one up here. I am also really lazy. so going out and hanging them up is a PITA. LOL

I should. it would cut the bill a little. But in all honesty, I do 3 loads a day. it would take forever.

and if I put it low enough for the kids to get them down they would drag in the dirt. LOL

so no slave labor..

And yes brandi when love bugs come out (soon now I am sure) its just awful. I dont even like going outside to get in my truck!

LOL edbson, I remember humberto. we were headed over to spurger to look at a new deer lease and they came on the radio and say'd a huricanne had hit. We thought it was a joke!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:38 pm

I have one and I also just put my first load of laundry on it!

I didn't use it at all last year, because for some reason my daughter was TERRIFIED of clothes on the line. LOL. If I even mentioned going out and putting clothes outside, she would start crying and screaming! I'm hoping that I don't have the same issue this year with her. LOL.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:50 pm

I use to have one and loved it. Until 1 day I was taking the clothes off and 2 huge spiders we're making web... im petrified of spiders.

Now that I'm in Arizona I definately will not have one.. I've never seen spiders so big as they have them here! When I say I'm petrified I mean I am petrified.. shake/hyper ventilate/ the whole sha-bang. It's insane!
Scarlett
Scarlett

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by cheyandwysmom Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:00 pm

I did that panic attack thing yesterday when Sylvester the cat came out from behind my computer desk (while I was sitting at it) with a mouse. I live in a 100+ year old house with a cornfield in the backyard, so I should be used to these things, but I'm just not.
cheyandwysmom
cheyandwysmom
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:34 pm

I love sheets that dry on a line, but because of our allergies thats now a no no. But they smell so good when hung outside.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Birds. With the amount of starlings we have passing thru here, no way I could use a clothes line, as much as I'd love. Because my clothes would go from washer to line to washer to line, yada yada yada. I risk getting pooped on every time I go out and walk Neutral
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I had one till last year.. we took down the poles to move them at the end of the season, and they are not up again.. I like to hang somethings...
I have some hooks on my back porch and I do hag some shirts of mine out on hangers...
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:38 pm

What are love bugs? Clothes Line 363723
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:33 pm

thebutlerdidit wrote:What are love bugs? Clothes Line 363723

The most vile, agervating, smelliest, nastiest, insect you will ever have the misfortune to meet.

THey are also called telephone bugs, and F*&^ bugs. mostly cause when you see them you say &^*^ those bugs are back.

Its actually 2 bugs, they are flying insects. but they are short lived. so the minute they get the chance they hook up (hence the telephone bug, 'they say Hello, and hang up') They come out twice a year. usually when its the prettiest weather. APril-May and Sept-Oct.

They have an awful smell. are VERY attracted to white. and SWARM you. Perfume and hairspray really attracts them. I actually find their dead little bodies year round, cause when you move something they are all under it.

You hit them by the thousands on a 1 mile road trip. They cover your windshield, you litelry have to stop and wash the car off. if left on the grill or bumper they eat the paint off. Folks spray their cars with Pam, wipe vasaline on them, leave the turtle wax on, ANYTHING. They will get in your grill and make your car run hot.

Here is a story. When we evacuated for the Huricanne that never was, we drove ALL night and ALL the next day. a 4 car caravan. FINALLY we came to a 'almost restored, not open for buisiness yet' bed and breakfast. In Cisco Texas. Practically the other side of the world.

We got the 2 rooms, 13 of us. Well we were all in the yard around our cars and the lady that lived across the street pulled up. She came over and said "How bad was the traffic?" WE just looked at her crazy. HEr daughter interjected "I'm sorry, she thinks y'all evacuated from the huricanne". We said we did. but how did she know? The daughter just looked shocked. The old lady said "Your cars. I spent a summer when I was young in East Texas, and I have NEVER forgotten the *&^( bugs." Sure enough, our cars were COVERED! Her daughter just gasped cause her mom had said that word. But we all laughed. cause thats what they are!

Some people belive they were invented by the Govt to 'eat' cabon dioxide or minoxide or what ever cars exhaust. Cause they SWARM cars. But scientists say its the heat the cars put off. I belive they came in on a ship from south america. And they have miagrated down the coast from Florida to here. Its like Fire Ants. We have them too. but we have them year round. They were brought here in cargo ships a LONG time ago.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:04 pm

bizzeedee wrote:Birds. With the amount of starlings we have passing thru here, no way I could use a clothes line, as much as I'd love. Because my clothes would go from washer to line to washer to line, yada yada yada. I risk getting pooped on every time I go out and walk Neutral

There are times here when I have that problem. Mostly it's that I have to do so many loads, and it's a big deal to hang them, get them back in, get the bugs off, avoid the rain, avoid forgetting them and sun-bleaching them on one side only, etc. So I do big things that would take a long time to dry, like blankets, sheets, towels, etc. but not as many clothes. This year I'm getting one on a pulley system and that may make it better. We got a new washer and my clothes come out a lot dryer anyway so that may help too.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Thats my main problem. remembering to get them in before they become a house for bugs, fade, fall down. get wet with dew and have to be redried. Plus at 3 loads a day it would take ALOT of line! LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by fergui Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:05 am

I used to hang my clothes all the time when I was in Idaho with their dry climate. But here the humidity is so bad that it takes FOREVER for them to dry! I just don't have the patience to wait that long. It may not be that long, but it seems long to me.
fergui
fergui
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down