Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test results

+2
bizzeedee
edbson
6 posters

Go down

Test results Empty Test results

Post by edbson Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:01 pm

The dr got my test results back today....I have an H.Pylori duodenal ulcer, and will require anti's for 8-10 weeks....yippeee. I also have an ulcer that is not caused by the bacteria , but is getting better with Protonix, and Tagamet, but he wants to change the tagamet to Prilosec. I was also told to watch my stress level( yeah right) and try a glass of wine in the evenings, red specifically....of course he is Italian, and wine cures most everything.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Test results Empty Re: Test results

Post by bizzeedee Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Hey, I'm all for the wine... beats script meds! it can help with stress... I'm totally stress free :-)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:25 pm

I WANT a doctor who says "Drink Alcohol!" I hope it helps.. Stress is AWFUL on our bodies.. right now Im trying to figure out which is worse.. stress or alcohol.. alcohol is winning out as the lesser of the two evils.
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm Italian. I agree red wine is a good stress cure. I am also Irish and think whiskey works just a well : ) The me side of me say nothing beats rum though! Not sure how good any of them are for an ulcer....
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Oh, there is nothing quite as fine as whiskey and homemade lemonade!
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:41 pm

dmn I wishI could drink... LOL

Glad they think they can treat it with meds erin. I had an ulcer in HS- I was SOOO miserable.

funny, I've been stressed REAL bad at differnt times in teh years since, but it manifests itsself differntly at times. Once it was IBS- totally stressed induced. Another is : my legs ITCHING uncontroalably. I would scratch them until they bled. no skin left. It would wake me in the middle of the night and I would just get in a real hot bath, or shower and just shave them, over and over- it was the only thing I could do to help the itch. It was awful. I will catch it happening every once in awhile now, and just tell myself to deal with it over and over. I have a place right now on my calf that I did it to. I dont even know when I did it.

Right now though the main manifestation of it is hive like things. . Not bad ones, but bumps that show up on my shoulders and chest. a rash and bumps. and it itches too..

I'm sure I've had or got ulcers since the HS ones, but they have never gotten as bad. Thank God. LOL

chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:55 pm

Oh Chelle.. Im just like you.. I have IBS to a ridiculous degree these days and have even learned to recognize the stresses bringing on the symptoms! It used to be hives. I don't get hives anymore but I get the itching!
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Well, I have alot of stress, and my stress gives me stress....
Both kids Bdays are this week, and we have 35 people coming saturday....and I discovered that Barefoot makes a fine Moscato..

Seriously, this is the same Dr who told my friend to drink a glass of wine when she was in labor( homebirth), He said "can't hurt the babes now, and might help strengthen your blood".
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:14 am

ROFLMAO Erin, well wine is an all natural thing- and it does have antixidents. They told me to get tipsy to get pregnant. It never worked, but they were on the right track- I am apparently 'high strung' and the ONLY time I ever got preg was when I would end up on a med with a calming agent in it. either for depression, or anger or stress, or like chantix.

Connie- yeah- IBS is a PITA- and now I have it cause I had my gall bladder removed. But stress does make it worse... I think I'd rather have the hives.. LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down