Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I love my husband...

5 posters

Go down

I love my husband... Empty I love my husband...

Post by KellyM Mon May 10, 2010 9:07 am

Of course I love him everyday, but there are those days where husbands do things that make you love them just that much more. The day before yesterday I was talking to my mom. Their hot water heater has been on the fritz for some time now, it's only been working on one coil. On Sat, mom was running errands and Dad just happened to be on his way back up the cellar steps after getting something in the cellar. On the 5th step up, he heard a loud ""Pop!!" He went back down the stairs to see fire shooting out of the hot water heater, and the circuit breaker hadn't switched off for some reason. Somehow he disonnected it from its power source. But if that had happened in the middle of the night, mom and dad, nevermind the house, would not be here today. Or if it had happened while dad was upstairs, at the very least they might have lost the house. Very Scary! So hubby was asking me a bunch of questions about it yesterday and I wake up this morning to find a note from him, along with a check for $150. written out to mom, which will take care of half of the cost of the hot water heater that they are thinking about getting.
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

I love my husband... Empty Re: I love my husband...

Post by bizzeedee Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 am

You definitely have a gem, Kelly!

And very glad neither your mom and dad, were harmed, nor lost their house.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon May 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Aww. That was really sweet and caring. A keeper!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 am

That is really awesome! He deserves tons of kudos and maybe a massage for being so thoughtful and caring! You don't have to tell him about the massage part if you don't want to Wink
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 am

That's so awesome, Kelly! And especially considerate because I know his natural tendancies with money are to be very careful with spending. It's so great when your spouse values your parents.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue May 11, 2010 8:21 am

I was suprised too, but my parents are the only parents he has, his mom died of leukemia when he was 14, and his dad died when he was in his early 20s. My parents love him just like he was one of their kids, and he knows how lucky he is to have them for in laws. He said it bothered him to think that they might eat toast and cereal for a few weeks to make up for the money they would have to spend on a hot water heater. And they must have needed it because my parents are proud people and they don't like to accept anything, but I came up with a list of things mom and dad have done for us and told her that for all of those things that they did for us without expecting anything in return, that it was our time to return the favor, and she took it.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down