Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner plans

+6
chelle
bizzeedee
edbson
tara
Lori
thebigscott
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dinner plans Empty Dinner plans

Post by thebigscott Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Tonight is Fend-For-Yourself-Night at our house. PB&J sandwiches seem to be what the kids are going for. We had a big breakfast with scrambled eggs, cinnamon buns, bacon, and fruit this morning. Then my mom and sister took me to lunch at Olive Garden for my birthday (which is tommorow). I'm still so full that I don't really want to eat, and the kitchen is clean and I don't want to cook, make a mess, and have to clean it up. So I gave Scott my take-home box from Olive Garden and told the kids to fend for themselves.

What are you guys having?
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Dinner plans Empty Re: Dinner plans

Post by Lori Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:21 pm

We had clean-out-the-fridge pizza. It had red and yellow peppers, onions, leftover steak, and some chicken.

A happy early birthday to you, Karen! I'll be out of town and away from my computer tomorrow.

Dinner plans 842509
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:58 pm

I let the kids make us all bagel pizzas. The bread store had Thomas mini bagels 3/$1 so I bought three bags, figured it was a good way to use them up.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 pm

We are cooking Ribeyes and Baked potatoes. NO special occasion other then they were both on sale.
Froze our butts offa t the ballpark today, and I am just now thawing, so Dh will grill them....I am not moving out of the recliner
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 pm

tara wrote:I let the kids make us all bagel pizzas. The bread store had Thomas mini bagels 3/$1 so I bought three bags, figured it was a good way to use them up.

are you talking day old bread store? we totally shopped them in MI... and for the first 6 years here in KY... but they closed... our loss :-(
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:27 pm

it's cottage cheese with garlic powder & cracked black pepper, with peanut butter whole wheat saltines... again... but I don't tire of it. Chuck had a gall bladder situation little over a week ago, so is eating green soup, beets and other GB healthy foods...

Since July, when he had the full fledged attack, he's lost just a little over 30#. So it's a bad-good thinking going on in our household... and eating what I'm eating, I'm losing a little here and there... which is good. Need to get back to 123, my healthy weight.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:34 pm

I had a spoon full of peanut butter and a glass of tea. LOL

BR had a salad, Bow had a corndog, Rayley a PB&J and some raw brocolli, Brett and Matt had raw brocolli and ... I think PB&J's. or something simmular...

I told the kids they better enjoy all the 'fun' or easy foods in the house. After they are gone, (corndogs, Burritos, cereal, etc) I wont be buying more. PERIOD.. I've got to cut from 700.00 a month to alot less!!

I just think its funny cause I really dont buy much that we dont need. There is not alot of 'easy foods'. of course in a few months the garden will be in, a few hogs will be ready, and I already have rabbits and chickens ready. Plus, I can go ahead and really pull from the freezers and last years harvest. I dont have to worry about running out before the new ones come in. Not that I had to supplement alot of stuff from the grocery. Mostly I get breads, staples, hot sauce, peanut butter, (make most of my own Jellies), some boxed foods like the occasional mac and cheese, and lots of rice. plus syrups and milk and OJ.
I am currently buying lots of taters, both sweet and irish, I ran out of taters early this year. So I planted 50lbs of irish, and am sprouting from 25lbs of sweet.

I also buy alot of fruit, about 35 pounds of apples a week, if not more. I will still have to do that, I dont have an apple tree. Sad

But I've decided that I will be emptying cabinets in the next few weeks. If its there we are gonna eat it. we have really changed our eating habits lately, so some of it is just going to waste unless we eat it soon (like mac and cheese).
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:46 pm

i had a couple taquitos...sunday night is always a light meal/fend for yourself since we have a big brunch...today was blueberry waffles, sausage and poached eggs(I just had blueberry waffles).
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am

bizzeedee wrote:
tara wrote:I let the kids make us all bagel pizzas. The bread store had Thomas mini bagels 3/$1 so I bought three bags, figured it was a good way to use them up.

are you talking day old bread store? we totally shopped them in MI... and for the first 6 years here in KY... but they closed... our loss :-(

Friehofers outlet store. The stuff on there shelves is fresher than in the grocery store for a fraction of the cost. A loaf of family size wheat, high fructose free is $.99 Bagels are $.99 occasionally on the day old table they mark them down further. Plus my friend works there and gives me her 20% discount and always stamps my card twice.

It's cheaper than I can bake my own for. I hope they stay forever, lol. There was a Wonder outlet a couple of towns over but they closed years ago. We have some dairy outlets too but they keep short hours and the savings isn't as substantial but we are surrounded by dairys. We have Hood, Queensboro, Upstate Farms and Bryne Dairy all within 30 mins so I check them out every now and then. It's very hard for me to go in for a gallon of milk, which I can't stand, and not come home with tons and tons of cheese- which I love, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 am

Last night was pizza which actually works really well when I'm coming off of midnights. Tonight I'm thinking I'll make chicken.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:29 am

Tonight I had Prison Spread.

thats the name of it- Spread

Its made many differnt ways, But we had

raman noodles, let them cook, then pour off the extra water,
Put in a can of chili,
spray in some spray cheese,
Put in a can of roast beef (actually in prison they use 'jack mack' its mackrel. in a can. and YUCK! LOL ) ,
some fritos, and mix it up well-

Then wrap it up into a tortilla.

it sounds nasty as hell- but I swear it tastes great.
It had been years since BR used to make it, but I think this is something that doesnt leave you. LOL

Sad thing is, when he mentioned making it, BOTH his brothers said they wanted some- they missed it too! LOL

Its very simmular to a dish My dad makes called "slop"

But it has cheese, and smashed up doritoes, and ranch style beans, cooked hamburger meat, rotel tomatoes, and a few other things, and we eat it on tortillias. You just layer it and then bake it for a while.

Then there is 'that shit we like' (we have never tried to come up with a name, we just both know what we mean when we say it...) BR and I were hungry one night years ago, wasnt much in the cabinets and we mixed up cooked hamburger meat, rotel and ranchstyle beans. Then we put it on Tortillias. LOL

ALL of the above are bestest with a few sliced jalapanos on them.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:04 am

I guess I should clarify. BR never did time- nor did his brothers- they all worked at the prison. He quit a few years ago, for the second time. LOL But he spent about 10 years doing it- was a sgt when he left. - Both times. LOL and yes its an inmate 'meal' but the officers used to get an SSI to make them up a batch and they'd eat it.

I know very few people who work at the prison that dont eat some variation of it. and most prisoners do it when they get out. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am

Scott's out of town for a funeral and I'm dreading trying to grocery shop with the little one. I'm thinking I'll pick up some pizzas.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:46 pm

I made Lasagna last night, so we had Lasagna tonite.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:45 am

I want lasagna! The weather turned cold last night and we woke up to snow flurries. Lasagna is so good in cold weather.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 am

looks like I am making Chicken Salad for chicken salad sandwiches tonight. Funny thing is, I used to hate chicken salad until Kris found a recipe online. Some guy swore that this little deli he used to go to somewhere in New York made the best chicken salad sandwiches and after many years of begging them about what they put in them, he got the recipe. It has cottage cheese, chicken, mayonnaise,parsley, garlic,onion, and celery,salt, pepper. So Kris made it one weekend and I tried it, I love chicken salad now and make it atleast every two weeks. We had meatloaf last night.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 am

Sounds great, Kelly. Could you post the recipe?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm

sure..

Chicken Salad

3 lbs cooked chicken (cut up in about 1/4 in pieces)
1 cup real mayo
1 1/4 cup cottage cheese
optional- I cup celery finely minced
2 tbs parsley fresh or dried
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Now, you can use fresh onion and garlic if you choose, we have made it that way before, but use fresh onion and garlic only if you plan on eating it right away. If it's going to set in the fridge a few hours before you serve it, use the powdered onion and garlic because fresh onion and garlic flavors overpower the chicken salad if they sit in it too long before serving.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:56 pm

My recipe is the same basically, except I cooke the Chicken in Crawfish/crab boil first.......then shred it, and I add either walnuts, pecans or waterchestnuts. and green onions
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:21 pm

oh GOD I love lasangna!!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 pm

YOu want the recipe? It is Gluten free, casein free Organic.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 pm

for lasagna erin? HELL NO- I like mine to be greasy, and cheesy, and ummmm so good! LOL

I need to make some. Soon- or teach the kids how... it can be a lesson in patterns... thats a big thing in elem. school... Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 pm

KellyM wrote:sure..

Chicken Salad

3 lbs cooked chicken (cut up in about 1/4 in pieces)
1 cup real mayo
1 1/4 cup cottage cheese
optional- I cup celery finely minced
2 tbs parsley fresh or dried
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Now, you can use fresh onion and garlic if you choose, we have made it that way before, but use fresh onion and garlic only if you plan on eating it right away. If it's going to set in the fridge a few hours before you serve it, use the powdered onion and garlic because fresh onion and garlic flavors overpower the chicken salad if they sit in it too long before serving.

3lbs of chicken? my gosh, that must make enough chicken salad for 3 families! I like (I think) the idea of the cottage cheese... and I also put toasted pecans in my chicken salad... but I'm still overwhelmed with the amount of chicken !
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:38 pm

chelle wrote:for lasagna erin? HELL NO- I like mine to be greasy, and cheesy, and ummmm so good! LOL

I need to make some. Soon- or teach the kids how... it can be a lesson in patterns... thats a big thing in elem. school... Smile

I'm with you Chelle... my lasagna needs to be ooey gooey cheesy lots of sausage and ground beef...

After all it you're going to make/eat lasagna, you need to it properly prepared! Laughing

lasagna is not meant to be a healthy dish !
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Oh and our dinner plans were none. Chuck had oatmeal (really) and I had cottage cheese with fruit and peanut butter whole wheat crackers - again... I never tire of it.

I've eaten dinner out the previous two nights and really needed to cut back tonight, and Chuck, well his gall bladder problems keep him from eating the things he would love to eat! BTW, he's lost over 30 lbs. since July... the dinner we went to last night, he was able to wear a sports coat he hasn't had on (or been able to put on) in over 12 years... and his pants, well a belt and suspenders took care of him dropping his drawers Wink
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down