Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Go To The Movies

3 posters

Go down

Let's Go To The Movies Empty Let's Go To The Movies

Post by bizzeedee Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Nope, not a movie discussion... we just returned home from a performance at our local arts performance theatre (can you say renovated early 1900 movie house transformed to a live performance venue?)

The show to night was wonderful... 1 gal, Cathy Scott and a piano, bass and drum player. Music and songs from the movies from 1930 to 1960... They hail from Minneapolis and they were awesome.

Doesn't hurt that we got free tickets. I'm a fan of a local radio station on FB and they said something about ask for tickets and see if you win... I did. So DH and I went and we're taken back by the memories the tunes provoked. We're thinking now that maybe we should buy season tickets to the Alhambra.... you know, support the local arts council and be entertained at the same time.

Several times, we've gone for individual performances... but now we're thinking season enjoyment.

Thanks for the Memories (last song of the night) ... going to be singing it for the next two days.,....
bizzeedee
bizzeedee
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Let's Go To The Movies Empty Re: Let's Go To The Movies

Post by thebigscott Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 am

Sounds really nice, Dee. I haven't been to a live performance of anything for far too long.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 am

We financially support our Opera House but have resisted getting season tickets. We would just miss too many events because of one of us being out of town or DH playing hockey or golf. I really like attending performances there, though.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:51 am

Forgot to add that my favorite performance was a night of Irish music featuring Lunasa and Karan Casey. Lunasa was a little too busy for my tastes, but I loved Karan Kasey and have bought a couple of her CDs since we saw her perform.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down