Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just got my taxes done!

5 posters

Go down

I just got my taxes done! Empty I just got my taxes done!

Post by thebigscott Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 pm

I just got my taxes done! 902459 I'm so happy to get them over with, and also to get the money. I'm getting more than I expected this year. I don't know why but I'm not arguing. I'm doing them through TurboTax (the free version) and I know the info I put in was correct so I'm just accepting that the tax laws changed (they do every year) and that the change was in my favor this time.

Sadly, I don't have any 'fun' planned for the money. I'm hoping to buy a new Sonicare if I can find a decent deal on one. Other than that, I'm just sticking the money in the bank and paying bills.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I just got my taxes done! Empty Re: I just got my taxes done!

Post by edbson Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:12 pm

I have run mine thru H&R block, turbotax, taxlsayer and any other I could think of....I still owe. I am waiting until the very last possible second to send them any money. I got screwed on that home improvement thing, and the homebuyers thing....we literally closed 1 day too early.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Oh that sucks! I'm so sorry. Tax time is always a big deal for us. Part of it is that our are usually pretty complicated. Part of it is that we usually get some money back and that's always good.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 pm

We sometimes get some back...usually a couple hundred bucks. Last year we got back lots, because I deducted everything we lost, and everything we spent....even dog food. Came out to a tidy little sum.....this year we owe...not alot, about $500, but still....sucks
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:32 am

I'm feeling sorry for myself because I have to go in and have my grandma's taxes done somewhere, too. And I'll have to go through her stuff at home and find where she has last year's stuff stashed.

I am also feeling bitchy because I got a notice from Chrysler yesterday about Grandma's health care coverage. It outlined her two choices: She can stay with what they now call the UAW Trust, at a cost to her (taken directly out of her pension) of $15 per month, OR, she can move to COBRA, which will cost her $765 per month. Um....that will leave her with $140 per month from her pension.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Holy crap! That won't be a hard decision. She'd starve to death in no time if she chose cobra.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:16 am

I am so f***ing mad. I did mine too, was suppose to get them back today. They did NOT come. Now the IRS has moved the date back on their website.... out of the blue. Since direct deposit seems to only go on Fridays I'm guessing we are SOL. Hubby took next week off for vacation to do some much needed stuff around the house. We have to pay down some bills, like the remainder of the 7000 it cost him to go to the ER last summer (after insurance). But the rest was going towards things that need to be down around here. Now he will have plenty of time and no money to do a damn thing Sad
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:12 am

They did that last year too, for people who filed early. Made me so damn mad.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 am

Oh Tara! Is there any way he can switch his vacation days around? Or can you borrow from family since you'd be able to pay it back in a week?

Just checked and mine got bumped back four days. I suspect that means an extra week because of the deposits-on-Fridays deal. Thankfully, I don't HAVE to have the money when I expected it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:51 am

It wont kill us to not have it today but it pi$$es me right off. They can just decide to change it? Up until yesterday it said on or before the 9th... then yesterday they pushed it back to on or before the 16th. I sure wont be holding my breath on that one. Lord knows how much of a fine and interest I would have to pay if I were the one deciding not to pay the government, or said gee maybe I will give you your money next week....grrr

He is going to try to switch at least most of the week to some other time. I have already made him move it twice which is just another source of aggravation, because as much as I love him he can be a complete moron sometimes. I gave him a list at the end of last year of vacation days.... 6 different times I wrote down these days and sent them with him. Like Chelle's kids, my husband suffers mightily from HIA. He chose to not sign up until the last minute and missed out, kinda. Others had already signed up but he has seniority- he bumped a guy who had the forethought to take 10 seconds and wrote down the days he needed, no one else was there so went on and planned a vacation. I had a fit- who does that? I made him give the guy his vacation back. I doubt he means to be a thoughtless selfish ass. He isn't cruel, just an idiot. But I was mad either way and next week was all that was left. No more spots for more than a day or so for another 7 weeks without bumping anyone else.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:08 pm

26% monthly interest.. compouned monthly.....thats what they charge
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 pm

We had ours done. and with 4 kids we were going to have to pay in. Not because BR made alot of money, but because that 13.00 a week everyone got back threw him into a differnt bracket, making him not pay in as much. Luckily I have all these dang animals. which means I had deductions. SO we will get back a little. Thousands less than we ever have.

MIL was the same way- they went from 2900 last year to 538. this year. same amount of money made, same deductions, - My CPA said that she had LOTS of folks that were paying in. They didnt realize that the weekly stimulas lowered the amount taken out, but the year end % was the same as before, so it doesnt add up.

My BIL who made about 55K this year paid in well over 6K and still owes. He is single.
SIL&BIL who make about 70 paid in over 10. They owe. they dont have kids.

I havent even checked to see when mine is due back, did it last Saturday, she said 14 days from the friday before so I fiqure around the 20th...??

Tara, I know what you mean. its annoying. Heck, its my money to begin with!!

I just want to come out even with them each year. thats my goal, fiqure out how many exemptions to put down, get enough taken out to cover my part and thats IT. No return at the end, no money to them at the end.

My MIL works with a woman who has 2 kids, paid in about 300. (because she purposly has the money held out each week) and got back over 7 grand. No wonder my inlaws didnt get anything back...
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 pm

I got more back than ever this year, or am getting- hopefully Fri. But we insulated the house and got the 1500 credit, otherwise it was almost exactly the same as last year and year before. The 13 dollars didn't affect us one little bit. I knew what it was, and I was expecting it to mean less of a refund but it didn't. Not that I would have cared much in that respect anyway. It just means we gave them less of an interest free loan this year. We don't get loads of cash back but more than the $680. I knew it wasn't enough that I would owe so we didn't change a thing. We made slightly more last year but I saw it coming so I prepared. I upped the 401K contribution when they gave the yearly raises and our health insurance premiums went up last year (this one too) which are pre-tax, so it evened itself out at the end as far as AGI goes.

My MIL on the other hand comes close to even every year so when they got the $13, they opted to have an extra $10 taken out biweekly so they wouldn't feel it now.

Yup, we got don't get nearly half what we paid but SILs both get EIC and everything else under the sun and end up getting 5-6 times what they paid in taxes in the first place.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down