Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's true, you can buy ANYTHING at Wal Mart

+2
thebigscott
edbson
6 posters

Go down

It's true, you can buy ANYTHING at Wal Mart Empty It's true, you can buy ANYTHING at Wal Mart

Post by edbson Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:55 am

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=caskets&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

Even these, and get 99 cent shipping!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

It's true, you can buy ANYTHING at Wal Mart Empty Re: It's true, you can buy ANYTHING at Wal Mart

Post by edbson Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:56 am

I did notice there aren't any reviews on them.....
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

It's true, you can buy ANYTHING at Wal Mart Empty Re: It's true, you can buy ANYTHING at Wal Mart

Post by thebigscott Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:18 am

Wow. I'd heard they sold them, but I can't believe they'd ship them for 99 cents! I have to say that I kind of like that they sell them. There are people in the funeral business who count on the fact that the family is grieving and not thinking clearly and they take advantage of the fact that no one wants to comparison shop for caskets or gravestones at a time like that. At least having these prices online would give families an easy and somewhat painless way to make sure they aren't being swindled
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 am

I saw the article yesterday but didn't check them out. I'd have to say 99 cent shipping is pretty damn good on those, lol.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:24 pm

I prefer the Pieta and Last Supper one myself..lol Actually when the time comes (whenever that may be) I want to be cremated, so it really wouldn't matter. I am surprised that they have them though...

As Erin mentioned there aren't any reviews on them..but seriously..what kind of review would you give?

"Great mileage on this model." Or "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking." How would you know how durable it is over time, unless you are in it.? And if you were, then you wouldn't be complaining anyway Smile lol
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:24 pm

I was liking the Sierra Bronze, but really, am I gonna care, stick me in a pine box, hell a cardboard box and I probably won't complain...
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Unbelievable! I mean really... who would ever? I don't care what the shipping is. But then, since Chuck and I are both be cremated, caskets aren't an issue! And we have everything set up already, in fact, we'll both be entombed in the niche at our local vet's cemetary (kind of morbid telling you all this, isn't it?)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:51 pm

I also want to be cremated, but I appreciate the idea of reasonably priced caskets. Seriously, there have been many people charged hundreds more than the going price because the mortuary tried to make them feel guilty for wanting to save money. Having a tabboo about talking about prices only hurts people who are already having a hard time.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 pm

I do not want to be cremated, at least I think I don't....never really thought about it . I just figure they will stick me in the family cemetary...
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:32 am

Actually, Sam's has been selling them all along, so I'm not surprised they finally added it to Walmart's website. LOL

My in laws own a casket outlet store, where they charge 25% of the price that funeral homes charge for the SAME casket that the funeral homes charge. At first, they had a rocky start w/ the funeral homes (one director came in w/ a gun threatening to shoot them if they didn't shut down), but now they're doing great, 11 years later. I can't believe how badly the funeral homes overcharge people.
amybeccaz
amybeccaz
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down