Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pics today

3 posters

Go down

Pics today Empty Pics today

Post by KellyM Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Well, we managed to get Wynonna's pictures done today. She was cordial to the photographer Kathie(who happens to work with my husband, photography is just a second profession of hers). She was a little whiny about the heat and whatnot to me, but I reminded her that while right now she may not be excited about these pictures, someday she will thank me for having them taken.
She is just so caught up in this boyfriend of hers and his family and getting their apartment that nothing else seems worth her time to her. It's a crappy stage. but I know with time and the newness wearing off, that will change. She did do whatever I wanted today as far as pictures and the amount of time and poses taken. She wasn't defiant today either, which was good.
Her and her BF are waiting for his next check to pay the money to get in the apartment they went and picked out. She asked me if we could loan them $200.00 to help get them in the apartment sooner. I told her that though I love her, that we cannot and will not help support a decision that I think is bad for her. Not only that but if her and her BF think that they can make it on their own then that means it starts with first months rent and deposit. Anyway, where she's at as far as her mindset goes right now will only be tempered with time and monotony. Once she sees that money will have to go to bills and they won't be able to go to the movies or out to dinner because they can't afford it. Or that her BF had people over until 3am and she couldn't sleep and needs to get up early for school/work...etc I could go on with the scenarios.. but eventually her attitude will change. I have done a lot of thinking the past few days, and though I was not as unappreciative as she has been at her age, I do remember thinking some of the same things she is. Things like, when I get on my own I will be able to do what I want to, and I know everyone thinks I am making a mistake and I am going to prove them wrong.. etc...So instead of going head to head with her and warring with each other, I think I will sit back and take a backseat to things since anything I do is for naught at this point. At least that way I can mellow out a bit and leave the drama to her.

Anyhow some of the pictures came out really awesome. I can't wait until Kathie edits and crops them and I get the photo disk back, I will post a few.. I do know that Wynonna will be glad someday that we went through the trouble to take them , and will appreciate it. If nothing else I am happy we got pics done. What I would like to do is take one of the inside poses of Wynonna and use that to give out for x-mas for family and get JJ's done at Walmart for x-mas. The other poses of hers will be for senior pics..his senior pics wont be until next summer. So pics took up just about all of my day today, atleast JJ is done summer school so I won't have to head out early tomorrow morning like we have been doing all summer long. I can sit and enjoy my coffee and the quiet in the morning..
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Pics today Empty Re: Pics today

Post by amybeccaz Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:27 am

Sometimes sitting back & letting your child make mistakes is the hardest thing for parents to do..... isn't that part of Love & Logic? Smile

I think the pictures were a great idea, and yes, she'll probably thank you for them in time.
amybeccaz
amybeccaz
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 pm

You ARE making the right decision and I for one am proud of you for having the strength and tenacity to do it. It is soooo dang hard to sit back and watch your kids fall on their faces. I often look back and wonder if I put my own parents through this stuff..

Im sure I didn't.. Wink
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content