Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug Bites

+3
bizzeedee
thebigscott
trax
7 posters

Go down

Bug Bites Empty Bug Bites

Post by trax Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 pm

I have taken some very nasty, ugly bites from bugs in the last two days. They have sucked the blood near out of me. One between my eyes, one on the nose, and one ugly, ugly one of my wrist. The between the eye and nose, I have dealt with - the wrist - well, I think I am going to visit the clinic tomorrow.

Actually, I slit the bite open this morning to relieve the pressure, ah that felt good. I sterlized all my utensils. I am allergic to the glue on bandaids, so I wrap - loosely the bite and tomorrow if no progress made, hospital time. Ode to living rural.
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Bug Bites Empty Re: Bug Bites

Post by thebigscott Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:39 pm

You poor thing! Zaven gets an awful reaction to bug bites. They swell terribly and even mosquito bites look like wasp stings. And an actual wasp sting swells his whole leg or arm. They always just tell us to take benadryl and ibuprofen. I've taken him to the Dr. for it before though. I have had camps call me to see if they should take him to the ER but our Dr. says as long as the swelling is localized and he's not having trouble breathing to just treat him at home.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 pm

trax wrote:I have taken some very nasty, ugly bites from bugs in the last two days. They have sucked the blood near out of me. One between my eyes, one on the nose, and one ugly, ugly one of my wrist. The between the eye and nose, I have dealt with - the wrist - well, I think I am going to visit the clinic tomorrow.

Actually, I slit the bite open this morning to relieve the pressure, ah that felt good. I sterlized all my utensils. I am allergic to the glue on bandaids, so I wrap - loosely the bite and tomorrow if no progress made, hospital time. Ode to living rural.

Sounds like what we called B-52 bomers in MI... fly like creatures shaped like a triangle... my poor dog and cat, constantly had bloody scabs on their ears... and when they would come in the house, we learned to never kill them (I'm talking the bugs, not the dog/cat) them if they landed on the wall or ceiling... blood splat!

Whatever got you... yeah, if they don't clear up soon,seek medical help.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:55 pm

The animals, for sure - have bites more than I.

My bite is healing, somewhat. Lord, I have given Johnson and Johnson an elevated spike in their stocks, I have changed the bandages so many times. Trying to keep everything clean. That damn glue is hell for me. I stripped everything off, use Polysporin with cotton and wrapped all in a tensor bandage, it is working. Very Happy
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:31 pm

bizzeedee wrote:
Sounds like what we called B-52 bomers in MI... fly like creatures shaped like a triangle...

OMG, I know exactly what you're talking about with that description. Those are evil.

Take care of yourself, trax, you must be miserable! I have seen a neighbor walking his dog wearing bee keeper's garb to protect his face, head and neck from the bugs.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:23 pm

I can only say, I don't want to visit wherever you live! Wow.. We get some bad bites but they sound tame compared to what you are dealing with.
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:45 pm

We get gnats here, call them no seeums, and they pack a helluva punch, I have seen lots of folks swole up like a toad frog when they get bit.

We have bad skeeters too, Windex usually takes out the ichyness, then prep H will cut down the swelling, Benadryl that evening will help too.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:37 pm

We have Mosquitoes and Horse flies. Right now the horse flies are horrible. They take a chunk out, draw blood...and carry anthrax....lovely creatures.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum