Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's your weather today?

5 posters

Go down

How's your weather today? Empty How's your weather today?

Post by BuzzNut Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 pm

It is sunny and a hot 84 humid degrees here today. We have a possibility for some afternoon storms/rain. My flowers are wilted, along with my cukes and squash. I need to get them watered later.

I am inside for a bit to cool off. I finished mowing the yard that Gary started yesterday evening. Then started cleaning off the walks, and pulling weeds. I swear those things grow faster than lightening, and will grow anywhere. I still have the front walk to do, and it is a mess from the weedeater throwing stuff every where. My weed bed out front keeps calling me too, but doubt that will get relief today. At least my sunflowers are blooming pretty. I have cleaned that bed out so many times I lost count, I need to get it mulched, but just can't find the time to do it. I do not have a dry stitch of thread on me.

Gary just called me and said that when he went to get his hair cut before going to work, he forgot to take a check with him and didn't have enough cash. He told the friend of mine that cuts our hair I'd run a check up to her....NOT the way I look! She will have to wait until in the morning. I've got to get some of this stuff done while the weather is good.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

How's your weather today? Empty Re: How's your weather today?

Post by Lori Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:31 pm

My DH does that all the time. I follow him around paying off his debts. This would not happen if we didn't live in a small town. We're getting some cement brought to the house on Friday, and my BIL asked for a price quote...the guy said "Ah. I'll just catch Bob at the golf course in Thursday and work it out with him."

Oh, and by they way...it's very very cloudy and rainy today. Humid, too.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:08 pm

It's roughly 106 ish here, and humid, very humid.
I mowed the grass yesterday, but didn't finish. I still need to weeeat, but will do it later......too hot right now.

We are supposed to get rain this week, I HOPE, we need it desperately.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:16 pm

My word I would be dead if it was 106 here. I love the summer, but that is just pushing it...lol

I did get my front walk done, even with the neighbor across the street coming over to talk. She was asking me how much weight I had lost now. I thought her chin was going to hit the ground when I told her 40 pounds so far. She thought I was crazy when I said I would like to loose about 50 or 60 more, but she doesn't have to lug my weight around.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Great job, BuzzNut! I'm proud of you! I hope your resolve rubs off on me.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Me too, Lori. It's cloudy today. It just finished raining on the laundry that Scott hung out yesterday evening. I wasn't feeling well so I laid down for a while. He didn't tell me that he hung anything out so I didn't think a thing of it when it started looking like rain. Oh well. It'll dry.

I haven't done anything outside all week, even though it was good weather for it. I've had a cold and have just messed around on the computer mostly.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Thanks Lori. I've had a problem with weight all my life. Most people say I don't need to lose any, but I really do..for me. I am down to 180 as of this morning. I'm 5'5'', and I feel horrible. Although my dr says I should be at 150#, I don't agree. I was at one point down to 125. It was time I done something, cuz no one else was going to do it for me. When I started a year ago, I weighed 220, that has been my heaviest. I have heart problems and diabetes (strong on mom's side) on both sides of the family, I need to do this for me, and only me.

It has come off slowly, but I'd rather have it that way. I was 198# when I lost down to 125. It came off quick, I was a senior in high school, working full time, and roller skating 3 nights a week. I didn't have time or I didn't take the time to eat...seriously. I got to the point of anorexia, and let me tell you what, that is not a good place to be. I didn't do it on purpose, it just kind of happened, and I didn't even realize I was that bad until I was at the doctors office. I was telling the nurse that no matter what I ate, I could not keep it down, that is when she dropped the bombshell.

As long as I stay active, it seems to melt away. I am not on any special diet now. When I started losing a year ago in May, I had started on a diet a friend gave me. She went to school to be a nutritionist, and has even come up with a patented diet. Basically it is a low carb diet. One carb only per meal. I have heard this over the years, but really dismissed it, as my thinking is...yea right! BUT, you need to eat something every two hours in order to keep your metabolism up. It does work. It doesn't have to be a big snack, just something, a piece of fruit, a few veggies sticks something like that. Then you have your 3 meals a day, with only one carb per meal.

You would be surprised at what has carbs..I was anyway. I found out I can't have too much peanut butter, it will add up on me fast. Becky had told me to just eat a tablespoon of PB for an in between snack for a variety, if I didn't want fruit, veggies etc. Well, I did, and the pounds started back on me real quick.

Oops, sorry didn't mean to get carried away!

It's getting cloudy here now..gotta get back to work!
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:12 pm

It always comes back fast, doesn't it? Losing is very hard for me. I have yo-yo'd my entire life, too.

I lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers...only got down to about 170, though. I am also 5'5"! Then I got sick with mycoplasma pneumonia and lost another 10 lbs, down to 160. Everybody and their brother told me I was too skinny. That is so hilarious, because if any of them had seen in writing that I was 5'5" and weighed 160 they would have called me a cow. I was in great shape, though. Or at least I was in great shape before getting so sick. I went to donate blood one time and when I told the nurse I weighed 180 lbs she said "Oh, you do not!" Holy crap, how did she know I shaved a few pounds off? LOL But she was saying that there was NO WAY that I weighed that much. Yep. I did, and more - if she only knew!

I am so terrible at guessing people's weight. I tend to think everyone is as heavy as me and overshoot. People don't like when you do that. LOL
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm

LOL I don't guess weight well either.
I used to lay the gaining weight off on my hypothyroidism, but I have come to learn that that isn't the case....I just need to stay active in order to lose.

It's definately hard to lose weight period, but when you have an illness that makes it worse.

My niece is very over weight, and I have tried talking to her to get her to understand. She is taller than me (most people are..lol), but I would say she weighs over 300#. She eats none stop, and is 17 years old. She's had alot of emotional things happen to her at a very early age, her mom died of cancer when she was 6. My brother refused counseling for her and himself, and he has basically gotten rid of all her mom's things since he has remarried, and that in itself has created problems. He didn't take her to the cemetary at all. I have taken her several times with flowers, and just let her be to herself for a while at the grave. Very seldom has he done anything with her, he just hangs out with his wife. Her grandmother on her mom's side thought it was okay to let her eat as many hot dogs as she wanted & when she wanted, when she was visiting with her. God only knows what else the child had. She is a beautiful girl, and I'm not saying that because she is my niece. She would be absolutely gorgeous if she could get rid of her weight.
I just don't know how to get through to her.
Here' her pic after she straightened her hair. She will usually only take pics from the neck up.

How's your weather today? Breanna
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:54 pm

How's your weather today? Ash10
I have a niece that put on a lot of weight. She lost over 100 pounds on WW and is going to be a nutritionist. She is stunningly beautiful now. I mean, stunning! ANd she runs triathlons and marathons for fun, now. I think your niece is gorgeous, too!
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Wow Lori, your niece is beautiful, I just wish I could get through to mine.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Done for the evening! The darkness drove me inside. We never did get any rain or storms, although I did hear thunder once. It is still a very hot and humid evening at 81 degrees. The nice breeze that was blowing this morning left, so there is no air movement.

Plants & flowers are watered, yard mowed and weedeated and only one flower bed left to weed. I think it was a pretty productive day. I'm off again tomorrow, so hopefully I can get to that other bed before it gets really hot. Now if I had a few more days off to get the inside done I'd be in good shape.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 pm

It was a perfect 77 and breezy here. It has been a really great summer, nice and cool.

I am 5'4" and overweight. I have been all my life. I was down to 120 from 180 (no carbs) then I got pregnant the first time. Gained all of it back plus 5lbs. Got back to 140 which is about perfect for me and my body structure. Then I had Rylan lost all but that last 10 lbs. Then I quit smoking and went to 185. It is very slooooooowly coming off. Very slowly.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 pm

BuzzNut wrote:Wow Lori, your niece is beautiful, I just wish I could get through to mine.

It's up to her to do it on her own. I know nobody can get through to me...we are all stubborn and need to do it on our own time and in our own way.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Both of you have beautiful neices! BuzzNut, I can tell you that right now she is not ready to lose weight. Don't even bring it up. Instead, just give her love and support (which you already are) and try to plan a few lightweight activities to do with her when she visits. You could take her to the mall and park at one end, walk to a shop on the other side, then work your way back. That way she'll be doing something fun with someone who loves her and it will be a pleasant memory. Over time, she might start to associate the fun things you do (walking together, swimming, going on a very short hike) with happy memories. As a society we tend to form happy memories over a shared meal. But she needs to find other, healthier, happy things.

I myself am quite overweight. But, I expect to lose a lot once Quinn is old enough to go to school. I got so much more exercise when all my kids were in school... but then I went and had two more. I find that I get much more exercise when my SIL visits. She and I go for evening walks and I really look forward to them. That is SO much more motivating than when my mom pressures me.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:40 am

Deep down, I know that is true. But I'd still like to smack her dad up beside the head, and maybe rattle something in there.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:02 am

No reason you can't do both. Sounds like he has it coming.

I did want to mention that since she's so out of shape you need to start very gradually. You don't want to give her a heat stroke or something. But if you see her often and do something small each time, then soon she'll be up for bigger things.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down