Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about cellphones

5 posters

Go down

Question about cellphones Empty Question about cellphones

Post by KellyM Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Back in May, my hubby and I switched our cell phone service from Unicel to Verizon Wireless, so we had to get new contracts and new phones. I have my Metallic Hot Pink Motorola Razor and my hubby's Metallic Navy Motorola Razor phones and am thinking about selling them on ebay. These phones are not "unlocked" and I don't know anything about that kind of stuff, but I do know that we bought them from our Unicel dealer less than 7 mos ago. I don't have the package for hubby's phone, but for my phone, I do have the original package, manual and charger. For hubby's we have just the charger, both phones have batteries. I don't wanna make a billion dollars off them, but I hate to send them to a phone recycling center, when they are just a few months old, and we could use a few ectra $$.

Is it possible to sell these, and if so what is a fair price to ask for them???
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Question about cellphones Empty Re: Question about cellphones

Post by thebigscott Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Kelly, go to ebay and search for them, then click on the button on the left to show completed auctions. It will give you an idea of what to expect.

I don't think you'll make much, because most folks get new phones for free or dirt cheap if they sign a service contract. It's easier to sign that you'll pay later than to just cough up the money. But it's worth investigating. You never know.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 pm

I never even thought of that Karen, I was just thinking that we just paid $100.00 for each phone half a year ago, and we didn't get free ones with Verizon wireless either, even though we signed a 2 year contract...there was one that they were offering free, but we didn't get that one. I forgot that most people get phones for free with contract. I wonder though if they could be used for pre-paid if they were unlocked, someone might buy them for that reason maybe?
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:53 pm

If you feel brave enough to take a dip in t he Frogpond there was a Frog quite awhile ago that allowed you to mail in your used electronics and t hey would pay you for them. You can use the website to fill in the models you have, let them know if they're in working order, and then they offer you a price. If it looks good, go a head and take it. I believe shipping is free.

Good luck!
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:27 pm

It was MyBoneYard.com.

http://www.myboneyard.com/
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm a prepaid phone user with Virgin Mobile. I've been thinking about upgrading my phone, but when I go to the web site, there are specific brands/models that work with their service...

I don't have a 'contract' per se, but do have my credit card set up to charge $15 every 3 months... don't know how other pre-paids work.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:50 pm

I wonder if anyone takes broken phones? DH and I go thru about 6-7 each per year....I have a collection.

I have Tmobile, been with them since they were voicestream. Not sure about Unicell, that';s not available here, but there are website to get unlock codes.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down