Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"...

+2
BuzzNut
KellyM
6 posters

Go down

What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"... Empty What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"...

Post by KellyM Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Ughh, I am just relieved that the weekend is over..it was a bad weekend for me. To start it off on Fri, my son informed me that his grade for English is worse than he had told me originally and that he will either be needing summer school for English, or if his grade was too low for summer school that he will be staying back...Wynonna will be needing summer school as well. Both of them for the 2nd summer in a row. In my dealings with the school, I get so discouraged because since my kids are doing poorly with some classes the school automatically assumes that I am a bad parent/dumba$$. I am constantly in touch with the teachers, guidance counselor about grades and whatnot, I have scheduled meetings etc. I am on top of them at home about homework, studying.. etc. I did well in school and balanced that with extracurricular activities, so it's not like I am encouraging them to not strive to do well. That being said I was digesting that still, when on Saturday I was informed by Wynonna that JJ (my son) who was at his friend Mitchells house smoking cigarettes. Mitchell is being raised by his grandparents and they let him smoke (which is their business) but it becomes mine when they let my son smoke and they provide Mitchells cigarettes who in turn apparently provides my son with them. So I realize this is not a complete catastrophe ( I mean I was smoking at that age) but when I was 16 it was legal, for him it's not legal. That wasn't the end of things..When I called him to tell him to get his butt home, that he wasn't going to be staying somewhere and spending time with Mitchell anymore because obviously there is no supervision he decided to play the "I'm not coming home, and try to find me" crap. It all ended up culminating in 50 million phonecalls and my parents going to get him, because I was readly to give him a smack. He stayed the night at mom and dad's so my husband and I could cool down and not lose our temper before talking to him. So he came home from my parents this morning and we sat down most of the day and had a long talk. I don't know how much we accomplished if anything. Then to top it off, my cousin and a friend of mine both had their girls graduating today, WYnonna was supposed to graduate this year with them, but stayed back in gradeschool a long time ago. It seemed like both of them went out of their way to make sure that I knew it today. The friend called asking me if I remembered the graduation today, and I said yes, she said, "Well I didn't know if you would remember where Wynonna isn't graduating this year, but I thought I would call and ask your for bobby pins for my daughter's cap. Within minutes of graduation being done I am getting graduation pictures in my inbox (she NEVER e-mails me anything) My cousin who's daughter also graduated actually had Wynonna babysit her little girl while the family went to graduation and someone in the midst of them either getting ready or when they came back made the comment about, "oh weren't you supposed to graduate this year too?" It just pisses me off, I don't bring to light that one of their girls is a spoiled brat who gets everything she ever wants and everyone dreads her tantrums, my friends girl is mean, and is a habitual liar(she even lies about things that wouldn't make a difference) . My daughter is not without fault and I can admit that, but they are always pointing out imperfections all the while thinking that they don't have any..GrrI'm not done yet..so today my hubby brings home a scale, because we haven't had one for a long time and I get on it to weigh myself, I weigh 30 lbs more than I thought I actually weighed. How could I be so niave, maybe because that extra 30 lbs is hanging on to the back of my ass and I can't see it? So I told him, please bring the treadmill in from the garage. "To top off my wonderful weekend he says," What for, it's not like you're going to use it." So I told him,"You know what? No I haven't been using it and that's why I need to use it now." to which he replied, "I don't see you follwing through with it, cause you didnt before." So I flipped out and told him maybe that's because I didn't have the support from him, and that if he doesn't believe I can do it then why should I believe it? I believe him when he tells me he is going to do something. So I told him that just because he pissed me off that I would prove him wrong and do it. Now , don't think he is a d!ck because it sounds more harsh in words than it was. It's just that my husband is not so hot in the knowing the importance of support department. But I know after I had a long talk with him that he understands where he went wrong... So there you have it..tomorrow after everyone goes to work and school I am going to relish the silence and nothingness of a quiet day....
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"... Empty Re: What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"...

Post by BuzzNut Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:04 am

So sorry your weekend wasn't very good. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"... Empty Re: What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"...

Post by thebigscott Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:28 am

What an awful weekend! I would just give up and crawl in bed with the blankets over my head after all that.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:31 am

I would have heard all of those little remarks about Wynonna not graduating this year loud and clear, too. ANY mom would. It sounds like you dealt with it pretty well and didn't let them get to you, at least on the outside. I hope your week gets better and better to make up for the crappy weekend.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am

What a crappy weekend...I want a "do over"... 820607
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:05 am

Do the kids have IEP's or 504 plans? YOU dd is eligible medically, and if you ds has problems he is probably eligible also. I would get with the school and demand some answers.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down