Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend plans?

+6
tara
Lucky
KellyM
edbson
BuzzNut
thebigscott
10 posters

Go down

Weekend plans? Empty Weekend plans?

Post by thebigscott Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:33 am

We're heading out to Wolf Creek Dam to take Zoe and Quinn to the Catch a Rainbow fishing derby. It's a really cool event, although I haven't been in 3 years because Scott's had to work that weekend every year. It's hard for one adult to do with several kids, especially when one's a toddler. There are huge crowds and it's easy to lose a kid. But I'm so looking forward to it this year. They release thousands of rainbow trout right before the derby, and kids up to age 15 can fish. The younger ones fish first out of the river. It's stocked so thick you could walk across it without getting wet. And the very youngest kids (1-4) fish out of a huge kiddie pool stocked with 14 inch or bigger trout. Some of them are huge. Every kid who comes gets a bag of candy and a door prize which are outdoor toys, fishing gear, bike helmets, bikes, etc. Free food and drinks are provided to everyone.

Sadly, this will be Zaven's last year to participate and he probably won't even fish. Because he's 15, he would fish 5 hours after Zoe and Quinn are supposed to fish. That's a long time to wait in the hot sun. But he's going to come with us to help Zoe and Quinn and he'll probably eat some of whatever they catch.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Weekend plans? Empty Re: Weekend plans?

Post by BuzzNut Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 am

Sounds like alot of fun Karen. They have something similar in a town near us, but I have never attended

I get to work 4 hours tomorrow then off Sunday. I work 12p to 4 p, so just enough to screw up the day.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:55 am

That does sound like fun!

OUr end of the year Team Party is Saturday, and I am hoping to not do a whole lot on Sunday. I am exhauted from moving, and kids, and everything!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Well, as much as I hate to say it, my weekend plans are doing absolutely nothing. I would love to be doing something, especially since the weather is so beautiful today. However, I somehow managed to come down with a sinus cold, along with allergies kicking in and they are kicking my butt... Funny thing is that I never, ever had problems with allergies in my life and I have always been pretty healthy, but the last 2 years about this time of the year it is beginning to affect me. I sneezed all day yesterday, so much that it hurt...watery eyes really bad, congestion, etc..I am just hoping to be able to get rid of this crappy feeling this weekend. I do resent the fact that it's going to be a beautiful weekend and I am going to spend it bundled up inside ...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:38 pm

I can relate, only I do have bad allergies. I have been since since last Friday. Went to doc on Sat, and been on antibiotic, but very slow to feel better...been a long week.
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:08 pm

I have terible allergies, year round. Alavert is my best friend
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:41 pm

We just got back from the fishing derby. Quinn got frustrated at having to wait in line so long to fish. There's a huge wait for the kiddie pool, but they won't let the younger kids fish at the creek. We got there a half hour early and still had a huge line in front of us. So when we finally got to fish he didn't even want to hold the pole. I picked it up to show him what to do, dunked it in and moved it around for a minute. Then the kid next to us caught a fish. Quinn was shocked to see it flipping around. I turned back to the kiddie pool and saw that we'd hooked one while we were staring at the fish on the other kid's pole. So I'm going to say that Quinn caught a fish. One fish is the limit for the kiddie pool and they gave him a gold medal for "catching" it, LOL. Then he won a new fishing pole. Of course he liked the medal best, even better than the fish. Zoe got to fish in the creek and caught 4 fish, but we gave one of them to a little girl who hadn't caught any. Scott said she actually hooked 8 or 10, but she was so excited just to be there that she wouldn't pay attention to what he was saying so she wouldn't reel them in, LOL. It's OK as her limit was five anyway. She also won a new fishing pole and got to use a real bow and arrow to shoot at a foam target. Plus we got all the free poptarts, chocolate milk, hot dogs, sodas, popcorn, and cotton candy we could eat. The kids each got a free t-shirt, coloring book, temporary tattoos, and several packs of gum. Scott and I got floating keychains and a nice poster of all the fish native to the area. I also registered for a raffle. It's for a weekend houseboat rental. We'll see how that goes.

All in all it was a great time. The lines were kind of long and hot, but not as bad as in previous years. Plus the place was very neat and clean, even the porta-potties were clean and didn't smell! More importantly, Zoe had the time of her life and Scott's got 4 trout to eat.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Sounds like a good day, glad they enjoyed their prizes.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:56 pm

that sounds like a great time karen!!

I am making my kids clean up.

Tomorrow we are cooking ribs and tatersalad and such for about 16 people. I am also making at least one cake. I might make one for us to eat tomorrow too. And my mother is such a spoiled and selfish person that she thinks I need to make her a special cake just for her. Noone will even be around to celebrate her birthday. I am just going to do a square stacked cake. practice a few techinques. I try to do cakes that reflect the person, but a big pile of steaming crap wouldnt be appitizing.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:33 pm

No plans for today, but tomorrow I might go out and see if I can find a life. Weekend plans? 461158
valerie
valerie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 pm

I also have company coming tomorrow. I made a ground turkey/turkey sausage, spinach, and cheese lasagna, ham slices with pineapple, baked beans, carrots and dip, canteloupe and watermelon, sourdough bread (bought) a red velvet cake (bought), an orange sherbert and ice cream punch, and going to make my new fav recipe of cheater cinnamon rolls for an appetizer.

Should be a good day....now that it's all prepared.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:55 pm

Sounds yummy! We need to have a real life meeting one day so I can try everyone's cooking.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:32 am

Well I got it all ready and then they called ..could they make it next week! UGH! Thankfully, I can freeze the lasagna, and the only loss is the bread (we will eat some of it tomorrow, it can't be frozen) and the beautiful cake. I will have to make something for next weekend, brownies or cake, not buying another one!
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:03 am

Karen it sounds like you all had a great time. I'm glad the kids got prizes too.

Lucky, sorry all your work was for nothing. But at least you will be somewhat prepared for next weekend.

My 4 hours to work turned into 8 hours..lol It was my fault, I was to work in electronics for 4 hours then go to photo lab and work 4 more. I didn't see the last 4 hours on my schedule. My dept manager stopped me when I first came in and pointed it out, or I would have left at 4pm and not came back..lol It wasn't even up with the first 4 hours, and I guess alot of people have missed the last 4 hours of their shift because of it.

The only way it was caught for me was photo lab didn't have a closer and they went looking to see who was closing.

So, my yard didn't get mowed (even though DH was off work, gun club seems to be more important Evil or Very Mad ) and my floors didn't get mopped. Guess I will spend my day off tomorrow (today) doing that. Plus I have to meet my son later in the day before he goes back home to give him his mail, & my prescriptions. He's been in Charleston this weekend helping with Special Olympics. He can get my scripts filled where he works for free and I just got new ones, so I need to meet him while he is semi close.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:45 am

Oh no, Lucky! At least the lasagna will keep. I've frozen bread with good luck. Cakes are iffy. The cake itself freezes well, but if the frosting has condensation on it, it can get too soggy as it defrosts and start dripping. The taste isn't affected, but it's not as pretty anymore.

BuzzNut, so sorry about the extra 4 hours, but at least it's more money for you. It's so cool that your son is helping with the Special Olympics.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:30 am

Let's see.... I'm going through hair trying to find eggs, washing bedding, etc.

Today I'll be doing that again, and trying to make blueberry streusal scones!
amybeccaz
amybeccaz

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:35 am

thebigscott wrote:BuzzNut, so sorry about the extra 4 hours, but at least it's more money for you. It's so cool that your son is helping with the Special Olympics.

His girlfirend's little sister has Down's and she is always in Special Olympics. His girlfriend is the swimming coach, and he loves helping out in the different events. They always have funny stories to tell me. Some of the girls have crushes on Jeremy and get sooo mad when Lyndsay comes around. And it's just the opposite for Lyndsay, some of the boys get mad at Jeremy.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Karen, I do normally freeze bread, but this I got 2 loaves of french bread, precut for .50 a loaf, because it was baked the day before. It just is cut too thin to freeze successfully. We decided to eat the cake (it was delicious! Sorry they missed it.) I made the cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning, my family loved them. The lasagna I baked and froze, so I'm set for next week.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:33 pm

We had a pretty busy weekend. Yesterday was Zach's 3rd birthday. I was supposed to work until 7pm (so not happy about that), but my sister and BIL were babysitting the kids, and Ceilidh ended up getting sick around 3:00, so work let me leave since we weren't busy. Luckily she only threw up the once (in a restaurant at that), and was absolutely fine after that. I was worried we would have to cancel Zach's party (which was today). No one else caught whatever it was she had (knock on wood). I'm not sure if she had a very mild stomach flu, or if it was caused by her cold, or by something she ate, or for some other reason.

Zach's party was great! We borrowed my cousin's inflateable waterslide, and the kids (big and small) had a blast! After the kids got all wet and cold, we made them come inside to get warm and start other activities. Instead of doing treat bags this year, we decided to let the kids make their own chocolates (which I find is actually quite an expensive hobby), then we had a pinata (Deigo) that was stuffed with candy for the kids (plus we had extra candy that we put in their bags before they left).

All in all it was a great weekend!
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:54 am

Wow that does sound like fun. Almost makes me want to be a kid again, ah...well no I don't. Razz
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down