Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my nights fun

+4
aurora04
BuzzNut
Lori
chelle
8 posters

Go down

my nights fun Empty my nights fun

Post by chelle Sun May 03, 2009 4:46 am

Okay, as many of y'all know, I am a seriel volunteer. paladin I belive is the correct word...

tonight, one of my pet projects, the Friends of the NRA banquet took place. This is NOT the political part, this instead is more with the original roots of the NRA. they started as a shooting club after the civil war.

Anyway, this year our shooting sports (4-H shooting sports for our small county) was given over 11,000.00 from them.

well, tonight was the auction and banquet, I joined the committee this year, its another that is made up of all volunteers. I had expressed intrest in helping them out at last years banquet, and they not only called me this year, they put me on the committee, listened to my ideas, gave me lots of responsibility, and made me treasurer! LOL

I got home at 2:30am. started at 10 this morning. (well, including the 4 hours spent last night).

My kids have been beside me since yesterday. working their butts off. I was very proud of them. And they had a blast. They got to walk around and show off the guns, they got to sell tickets, and run auction papers, and they were made to feel very important. and honestly, they helped SOOO much. I really am proud of them.

BUT, I also won TWO guns!!
a .22/410 single shot. This one holds a special place in our hearts, it was the first model gun we bouht the boys. They each got one. And when our house burned one was in the house, the other was in my truck. So we lost one, but had one. Well tonight I won one to replace it.

AND, I got a 870 Remington 20 guage shotgun!!

I was SOOO happy!! They had went through ALL the buckets, down to the last 3! the 3rd to last was the .22/410 adn they called my number. Then they did a bucket for somthing else. Then the last gun, they called the number and it was ME too!! I was soooo thrilled! Smile

but the banquet was great, We had a wonderful turnout, raised alot of money for gunsafety and education, plus youth shooting sports.

So, I am all giddy with pride and exictement! Smile

Now, I get to clean house all day tomorrow, make sure my brooder and incubtor are up and going good, We are runnign out of time for the stuff at school, I will be there for at least 2 days a week till the end of the month, sometimes 3, if they dont cancle it, but this week I have baseball on Monday and tuesday, (getting the last of my eggs to incubate on Monday) and then on Thursday I start helping to plan the National Wild Turkey federation banquet for July. Tonight 2 of the members of that committee asked me if I wanted to help with it.
Of course I jumped right in! Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

my nights fun Empty Re: my nights fun

Post by Lori Sun May 03, 2009 7:06 am

Good job, Chelle! You won stuff last year too, didn't you? Or did you have successful bids on things? Um, a fire pit maybe? And guns, for sure!

I know what a hard job something like that is and I know how you never stop. It's great that the kids could help out so much, too. You're raising the next generation of movers and shakers.
my nights fun 78280
Was Bow good or did he stay with someone else?
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Sun May 03, 2009 8:50 am

Congrats on a great night..you did well.

Last edited by BuzzNut on Sun May 03, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sun May 03, 2009 9:42 am

Congratulations! Sounds like a fun evening!
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun May 03, 2009 11:13 am

That's great Chelle.... I wanna know what you think of the 870. That's quite a bit of money for a good cause. I now hate them... but that has nothing to do with what they are, and all to do with 80 friggin phone calls. Glad it was a success and winning must have been a really nice bonus after all the work.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun May 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks everyone!

Bow stayed with my sisterin law. She said he was a total doll. he and Rayley went over there. But the night before I had all 4 of them. They stayed in the truck and watched a movie. then they went and played on a playground out back of where we were.

And yes, I have lucked out and won something every year for a few years now. I usually will only 'buy' a print. and sometimes do something cheap on the silent auction. But didnt do that at all last night.

Tara, We have the 20 guage already, and love it. I honestly cant remember not haveing a 870 pump. All my life. LOL
It was one of the first guns that we bought after the house burnt.

BR aint real crazy about any of the automatics they make. Says they hang up too often. Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun May 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I like my Ithaca, lol.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun May 03, 2009 8:47 pm

That's awesome, Chelle! I'm so glad you won something you love. I know that .22 must have been such a thrill to win after having lost one. It's funny how much some things mean to us, and how hard it is to lose them. I'm so happy you finally got it back. sunny
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sun May 03, 2009 9:42 pm

You've earned the right to be called 'LuckyChelle'! How the heck did you manage to coordinate all that with well-behaved, and helper kids? You sure you didn't lose a few that night?
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 04, 2009 10:33 am

LOL lucky, Nope, all I had to do was look for the guy with the microphone, both boys were right behind him drawing winning tickets and holding up guns! LOL

Actually, there were a few times when I would loose them at first, adn I'd run to BR who was sitting at a table talkin and ask if he'd seen them. He'd look at me crazy, and point to the middle of the tables (BR was in the back, ) up front and say "yep, there they are" the last time I asked they were on the stage, holding the big check that the FNRA was giving Shooting sports.

And when their part was done, and they were doing the acuction stuff, they wernt needed, (the raffles were later) and I saw them, they would go and shake the hand of whoever bought something for lots of money. And tell them Thank you. And they also stood behind the game tables and took money.

Truthfully, this is the best I have ever seen them, Even Matt didnt try to go to sleep at 8:30.
I really wish I could have taken pictures.

They'da made vanna white proud. LOL

OH karen, I am so happy that we got it. ANd we didnt have a 12 gauge at all. We had never replaced the ones we lost Smile

I think that this makes 5 since the house burned that I have won from NWTF or FNRA.
the .22 longriffle
the 9mm pistol
the 20gauge youth H&R (that I claimed- I am short, I need a youth model)
and these two.

LOL Tara, I cant afford an ithaca
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 04, 2009 12:59 pm

I have an 870 too, it's the ONLY (well there are one or two more older double barrel models I do like but...) Remington I like, and it still isn't very much, but it isn't here. I had matching Deer slayers, 12 and 16 gauge. I still have and will never part with the 16 gauge.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Oh and it's out of my price range too, by far. Just an advantage to having a gunsmith for a dad. But truthfully I wouldn't pay for one period. I could most likely just have anything and everything I wanted, I just don't. RJ has his locked up and I have the combination if I am ever in need but, I am just burned out, I use to love guns but day after day after day of hundreds and thousands of them..... I just don't car anymore. I am very happy with the one I have, I haven't even shot it in years. I take it out and clean it every few months and then back it goes. It's more sentimental value than anything else.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Mon May 04, 2009 10:03 pm

DH has a couple 870's (he has way too many other types too) he uses for Trap. He really likes his.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 pm

They called tonight and asked me if I would work a few hours a week again. Sad Need the money but not sure the headache is worth it, I am sure I will be fired at least 12 tines a week. I told them I will do paperwork only. I am not opening guns, or talking to morons on the phone or responding to morons in writing or driving the guns to the factory or picking them up from UPS. Apparently they will take it. I'm guessing RJ hasn't told them he most likely will lose his teaching job for next year... hopefully he will take over once summer comes.

I'll do nights as much as possible, then they can watch the kids and I can still have my mornings with Robby, and get free dinner. LOL
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 04, 2009 11:36 pm

LOL tara!

buzz, we used to have a few, not as many as we wanted, never can you have enough guns. LOL but a few. We are slowly building the collection back up.

Now if I could just afford ammo... LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon May 04, 2009 11:47 pm

I agre, never have enough, and can't buy ammo now, limited me to one box of each today at academy.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 pm

I KNOW! aint that some shit?? and whats REALLY bad, is you cant get 380 or 9mm PERIOD.

heck, even 410 shells have been hard to get!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon May 04, 2009 11:51 pm

Tara, BR would KILL for a 16 guage.

that and a double barrell. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Mon May 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Ammo is out of sight, and that is if you can find it. We are stocked, but pick up a box every once in a while.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am

Thats how they are gona get us. Tax the ammo so high we cant afford it.

Which is sad. VERY sad..
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down