Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I LOVE Mypoints

+10
tara
joedonot
briteasafirefly
BuzzNut
Lori
edbson
bizzeedee
Lucky
thebigscott
chiquita55
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I LOVE Mypoints Empty I LOVE Mypoints

Post by chiquita55 Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:57 pm

I just got 2 more gift cards from them. A $50 for Walmart and a $10 for Walmart. I have also had two $50 cards for Macys and a $10 for Target. I love earning all these cards. Otherwise I would get to go shopping. What really helped get these 2 cards so quickly is I needed new car insurance and got a quote from MP and then purchased new insurance which gave me 5,000 points. And MP came thru for me on the deal!
chiquita55
chiquita55
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

I LOVE Mypoints Empty Re: I LOVE Mypoints

Post by thebigscott Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Congratulations! Way smart of you to remember to do it thru MyPoints. I always remember just AFTER I bought something, LOL.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:15 pm

I bought a laptop that way...went into Circuit City, saw the one I wanted...asked for a terminal so I could order it online and get some credit for it...they had instant pickup, and we had it in our hands that night, no shipping costs, and lots of MyPoints!
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:07 pm

I too like MP... would't say love, but definitely like. I used them over Xmas to buy stuff on line, I do all the 5-10 click points (rarely coupons)... and have consistantly earned points. We have many a great dinner ( I only redeem for restarant GC) using them!

But how great you got 5000 points for changing insurance! That in in itself makes the whole thing worth while ! WTG
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:53 pm

I remembered about mypoints right after I spent $700 at amazon last week.....ugh
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:18 am

There are definitely some sweet MyPoints deals out there and it looks like you found a good one! My old stand-bys, Overstock and Priceline (I am so cheap!) both participate. Erin, I don't think you can get credit for Amazon purchases through MyPoints. I could be wrong, and I don't feel like going to check.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:10 am

No Amazon is the one major exception, but perhaps she means she could have bought her product(s) elsewhere online and gotten the points.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 am

I like MP okay (I won't say LOVE though), right now I am battling trying to get the 100 points that I am owed for two reports from bzz. Usually they credit within a couple of days. It's been over a week and they haven't showed up. I just know I am going to forget about it and they won't credit. I hate that canned response of "wait 30 days". It's never taken more than 3 days for them to credit before, they have always been quick with BA.
I like to use MP when I shop at Ebay too. It's only 2 points/dollar, but I had bought a Biagi bracelet and a few charms/beads with survey money, and got over 100 points a while back.
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 am

I had redeemed some Coke points for a $10 discount at Beauty.com, and when I ordered through MyPoints I earned 300 points on the purchase. I also got 500 points from Oriental Trading Company a while back.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by chiquita55 Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Karen, I can't tell you the times I have bought things online and forgot to go thru Mypoints. I have purchased many times things at Macys and Nordstrom and Amazon and gone directly to their site to buy. I am so stupid! Now I am too poor to buy anything! lol No shopping for me. Thats why I am so thrilled to go on a Walmart shopping spree courtesey of Mypoints. I know what you all mean tho if there is some problem. It is near impossible to get a straight answer and not get all that canned response stuff.
chiquita55
chiquita55

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 pm

The most important thing is to always use the same email address that you ue for MyPoints when you order, and save those order confirmation emails, because you never know when you'll need it to prove you made a purchase. Do not delete the confirmation email when the product arrives, just save it just in case.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by briteasafirefly Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:33 am

really like MP too... I am getting close to cashing out on a couple $50 giftcards! I look at as a college graduation shopping spree...

I am sad that amazon is not on the list and 1-800 Flowers or Proflowers(I can't remember which) because I have ordered flowers a few times and it was always a big points item. I'm not too fond of whoever they have for flower services now...
briteasafirefly
briteasafirefly

Number of posts : 625
Honeycomb : the doomed level 6
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:49 pm

briteasafirefly wrote:
I am sad that amazon is not on the list and 1-800 Flowers or Proflowers(I can't remember which) because I have ordered flowers a few times and it was always a big points item. I'm not too fond of whoever they have for flower services now...

They really want us to use the flower services they have onMyPoints, even giving out $15 gift certificates in December or January (I think December) when you redeemed for any gft card. I threw mine in the trash.

I had my first experience today where a coupon that I printed from MyPoints would not scan. I used it at Walmart and was told by the cashier that their policy is, if it doesn't scan, they can't use it. There were actually a handful that would not scan this time. While my cashier was waiting for a manager she was looking through them and finally manually took off a couple of them that I had printed on glossier paper (only because I ran out of cheap stuff). Cashier and manager both said no way on the one coupon, though. No biggie, I just had her take the product off my bill. It was a sort of big deal for everyone waiting in line behind me, though.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:00 pm

That's awful we have to be put through all that and look like you are trying to pull something fishy. I do really appreciate shortcuts.com which let's you put coupons from the Internet directly on your Kroger rewards card. I only wish more coupons were available that way.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:54 pm

Lucky wrote:That's awful we have to be put through all that and look like you are trying to pull something fishy. I do really appreciate shortcuts.com which let's you put coupons from the Internet directly on your Kroger rewards card. I only wish more coupons were available that way.

I can't get shortcuts to work on my card! I was super excited about it, but when I put them on my card it seems like it's going to work, but in the store, the coupons don't come off. I don't know if it's just that my store doesn't participate or if I'm doing something wrong. I need to get on that again and call CS and figure it out.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by joedonot Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Food Lion (grocery) sends an email newsletter that includes coupons. I've never had any trouble getting those to scan at Food Lion.

Coupons printed directly off the Rite Aid website are another matter. Rite Aid told me their policy was to not take them if they don't scan, and they don't scan well. I balked and the clerk went ahead and input it manually. I don't want to waste my time shopping if they aren't going to honor their own coupons.
joedonot
joedonot
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 258
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee Level 6
Registration date : 2008-12-31

http://www.bzzagent.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Karen, I would definitely get back on the website and recheck your card number, and contact them. I am hoping as time goes on they offer more there.

gdpszak- I hate wasting the ink to print them, and by the time I get to the store with them, they are expired, or non-scannable. It's certainly frustrating.

I don't bother printing them unless I am leaving for the store shortly.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:56 pm

I can't get the Upromise ones on my shopper card either. Have no idea why, but it errors every single time.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks for mentioning Upromise. I went back and checked my account as I had an old CVS number. I looked at my history for Kroger there and while I've been a member since like 2002, I've not cashed out one of their coupons. They just aren't stuff I buy usually. Or they aren't there when I need them.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:47 am

I'm about ready to tell MyPoints to take a hike.
I have been fighting with them for several weeks now over 100 points (2 bzz reports in March) that I have not gotten credit. They sent me an email this morning saying the points had been credited to my account a few days ago. Well yeah, there was points credited, but they were for the 4 reports I just done! The points I am asking about were in March! I copied and pasted my reports from Bzz (the ones that say they were approved) and sent those..I have never seen such a mixed up system when trying to get something across to them.
The first email I got from them, they called me by another name! I sent back an email saying, I'm sorry to inform you but I am not (whatever the name was). That was when they told me my email wasn't linked to BzzAgent, and gave me instructions on how to link it. Ummm, yes it is, take a look at my history, I have been credited before with points from BzzAgent. I will get my 100 points..or die trying...lol
Up until this point, I had never had a problem getting my points credited. I have had issues before, but it has all been worked out easily. This one isn't so easy for them. It's cut and dry, they have even emailed BzzAgent (so did I) but that didn't help me at all. All I got from them was, "Yes you did have two approved reports. You will have to contact MyPoints." Some help, huh??
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:56 am

Ugh! What a mess BzzNut! I hope they get that sorted out for you soon.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzNut Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks. I have been waiting days for a reply from them, and finally got the one this morning informing me they had been posted...NOT!
I am so aggrevated with these people I can't see straight. I did in one of my emails mention that I can see why people don't like to fool with MyPoints. That is probably why I am getting so much grief!
BuzzNut
BuzzNut

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:19 pm

I never go there at all now. I always accept my BzzPoints for reports, but I never even bother to check and make sure that I got the points.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:11 pm

I have no headaches with MyPoints, but I also don't check ...you got me thinking I should watch closer. I'm sorry you are having such a time with them. I have never had to deal with their customer service. I do hope you get it resolved soon.
Lucky
Lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 am

I fought with MyPoints for a while last year and it never was resolved. I had recieved an e-mail on my B-day from My Points saying that for my birthday if I made a purchase of any amount from any one of the merchants listed in the e-mail that I would get 500 points for making a purchase. One of the merchants was JC Penney so that is who I purchased from, I placed an order which came up to $25.00 before tax. I kept the order e-mail and noticed after 30 days it was not credited, so I e-mailed a few times and included and attached the order confimation e-mail from JC Penney. I sent a few e-mails back and forth and it wasn't ever resolved, I just ended up giving up. So I just click e-mails and do my bzz reports from now on, I won't be making any purchases to earn points in the future though.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next