Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you do Easter Baskets...

+6
Rebecca1340
chelle
tara
thebigscott
edbson
Lori
10 posters

Go down

If you do Easter Baskets... Empty If you do Easter Baskets...

Post by Lori Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm

What are you putting in them this year? My boys are old, so they're getting some snack bars, individual sized salsa and chips, body wash, American Eagle boxer shorts (got a fab deal on those but not sure if I'll have them in time), some lunge pants. Yes, their baskets are pretty big, and therefor hard to hide anywhere.

By the way, if you hide the baskets, list some good hiding spots. One year I hung a basket on a hanger and hung it up on a rod thathad all of our coats on it. It was virtually invisible. We usually start giving hints after a while, but we actually had to say "It's in the laundry room, and it's above waist level."
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

If you do Easter Baskets... Empty Re: If you do Easter Baskets...

Post by edbson Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:33 pm

We don't hide them, the easter bunny leaves them in the middle of the livingroom floor. I also do not use That plastic easter grass, I am TERRIFIED of it for some reason.

for Bayley:
I am putting the Giant Cheetos, Twilight shirt, twilight boxers, twilight necklace, Marley & me DVD, some candy, chips, snack bars. B&Bworks stuff, socks, undies, $100 savings bond

Kristin: B&B works stuff, Marley & me DVD and book, candy , giant cheetos,
Walmart Gift card, socks, undies

Xander:
pacifiers, Rice Rusks, Biter biscuits, yogurt bites, Gerber wagon wheels things, stuffed bunny, $100 Savings bond

T1&2, : Undies, coloring books, crayons, fingerpaints, giant cheetos, small toys, rings, necklaces( junk jewelry ), other misc crap. $50 saving bond each

Nephew:
Realtree shirt, rifle socks, hunting socks, giant cheetos, candy, $50 saving bond , sorted 15yo boy crap that I have not yet purchased.

Thats not all, there are other things I have not gotten out yet, IKNOW i have some GRIPZ, and I know I have some other stuff I bought and cannot find.
Besides the savings bonds, I only spent about $20 total on all of it, I LOVE SALES!
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 pm

I don't hide them either. Ours are delivered by a giraffe, not a bunny. Don't know why. They just are.

We're doing candy, art supplies, and maybe some DS games, but I'm not sure since I have one for Zaven and one for Zoe but not one for Caly and Quinn is too young.

I got the art supplies at a silent auction for the school's PTO. It wasn't really a good deal. I'd have spent almost as much in the store. But the stuff was donated so instead of my money going to wal-mart it went to the school.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 pm

I have mostly art supplies, bath crayons, a couple small toys, play-doh, bubbles, tatoos, stickers, they will each get a 4 pack of peeps. No doubt despite my saying NO CANDY unless you want to pay the dentist, both my MIL and my mom will give them more candy than 12 kids need. I will be peiling them off the ceiling by Sunday night.
Saige's birthday is two weeks later, we are getting her a new swing set. I kinda wanted to do that for Easter since it's for both of them but I don;t see me having the money this week.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh I forgot to mention that there will also be a few stuffed animals that I picked up on clearance after valentines. And one is a giraffe, of course.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:11 am

well hell. I was just going to give them a basket, and tell them to find the damn eggs.

I reckon I will try to find something--- somewhere--- to put in there. YUCK.. LOL

Year before last, BR and I found out I was knocked up The Friday before Easter.. SO- on egg night when everyone put their name on an egg, we wrote "new baby" on one. it was found, and NOONE 'got' it. They all ohhhed and ahhhed over getting all the others, "new baby" just got tossed to the side. Not even my dad 'got' it.

I was hoping I had at least a week or more bfore easter. Matts B/d is the 13, but his party is the 19. I still havent gotten his present. And it has to be ordered....

I am SOOOO behind.

Maybe I will just get them a basket, (I am PISSED that I missed last weeks sale at wags for the grass and such...) , and give the boys each a ticket to the NRA banquet. They have been begging to go all year- and I have a committee meeting tomorrow.. . Throw in some shot gun shells (its turkey season) and maybe a turkey call or something.

For Bertha Sue, ... I have NO clue.

Bow.... Dang. maybe a hammer, tape measure, drill, .... Oh wait.. He plays with all of BR's.... LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:05 pm

The easter bunny leaves a 1 lb chocolate rabbit on the dining room table and their Bunny Kins bowls out. Then the kids have to find the eggs and fill up the bowls. The only problem is that the eggs have to be hidden in places the dog can't get to! They're also getting a colouring book and box of crayons each this year too.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:15 pm

The Easter Bunny leaves them a new basket every year (she has gotten smarter and started leaving "useful" baskets like sand pails, etc...), and that remains empty, plus one special hollow chocolate each. They then go and find the plastic filled eggs and put them in their new baskets (we hide 12 each). We only put little things in the eggs (some M&Ms, mini eggs, small toys (hot wheels), "pretties", stickers, etc...). Then we buy them something from us. This year, we bought them a Betta Fish (we already had a small tank, rocks, plant, so that was very cheap as the fish was on sale and the food isn't expensive) and some molds for chocolate making (which was 50% off). All told, I think our whole Easter will cost less then $50 I think.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:12 pm

I usually buy the girls "church" stuff (since the reason for Easter is about Jesus Christ....), but they're getting older.... and I can't find much for their age bracket.

SOOO.... I'm cheap. Smile This Easter Bunny brings them a $5 toy (for my oldest it's a Mancala game and my youngest it's a 50 piece marker set that's washable), then the basket has a few of their favorite candy in it.

That's it! I'm really starting to hate the commercialization of all these holidays. GRR
amybeccaz
amybeccaz

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 pm

I know, Amy. Christmas really bothers me when it becomes all about the presents. We usually spend some time in the weeks leading up to Easter talking about what it really means and we often have a birthday cake for Jesus. But it's hard to keep the focus on the real celebration. One thing that made me feel good about our baskets this year was that almost all the stuff in them was bought from a fund raiser for a good cause. So my gift giving paid for more than just stuff for the kids.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Oh, My kids do get an easter basket. And when the boys were little I went more 'all out' putting in stuff. But I am just on an anti candy kick lately. I cant afford more dentist bills.

and I have done the 'useful' baskets. a few times they got a gallon bucket. SO they can use it to feed the horses or such. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 am

Ha ha Chelle! I considered using sandbuckets for the girls' bucket this year b/c in June we're going to the beach for a few days.

But then I decided against it, and just went with the 49 cents pastel colored bags for the Easter egg hunt. Smile I saw that on Family Fun one time, and thought "who wants all those pastel baskets around their house? Not me!!" But I generally lay it on the couch for Easter for their goodies (in a basket that I already have, or a bag).
amybeccaz
amybeccaz

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:08 am

this is my first year giving my son one

seems weird but last year he wasn't interested and all we did was an easter egg hunt

so far we have gotten him some movies (veggietales and things like that), coloring crayons, bath crayons and we are hoping to get to toys r us for their big sale one cars things and other fun things he likes

we also buy some and put them away for christmas

as of now i have most of his christmas shopping done and after i go to toys r us i might be done with his christmas shopping altogether

they are having great sales this week and hopefully they have some left

we are also going to go to target and get some stuff there that we saw on sale and see if it's still available

as for the basket we just put it out in the living room and the eggs we hide the night before after he goes to sleep

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:21 am

I honestly DONT know when I am going to do the shopping. Truthfully, I havent even thought about it being this soon. AND every time I go to town, I have BR and all 4 kids and we are rushing.

I hate to make an extra trip. Since I have already been to town 4 times this week, and tonight will make 5. My limit per week is 2.

BR has been going in with me on game nights, so if I am already IN town, I drive home, pick himup, head BACK to town, we play ball, Haul butt home and then he goes back to work till midnight or so. But I guess I will just go in on Friday. UNLESS we have practice. THEN I will have to go in that night. So, it will be another rush trip. PLUS I will have all 4 kids. Hard to buy their baskets with them.

Matts birthday is Monday. But his party isnt until next sunday. I still havent bought his present for that either. and it has to be shipped here. ACK!!

I think in the boys baskets, or maybe for his birthday I will give them tickets to the banquet. They want to do that. Of course it would be crappy, cause they get in free. But they dont know that. LOL and its supposed to be 25.00 per person. But since I am on the commitee and they are in 4-H, they are working the event. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:40 pm

I don't do baskets since I don't have any kids...except my kitty. Smile

But, just a thought from when I was a little kid. My pop fixed up a really nice basket for me and used a small oval willow basket (think small laundry-style basket with handles) that's about 14 inches across. I *still* have that basket 50 years later! I've used it for all sorts of stuff over the years from yarn to underwear to paperback books. Every time I use that basket, I think of him.

So it might be worth the couple of extra bucks to get a really nice basket for your kids; something they'd re-use and remember over the years.

What was in the basket 'way back then? Candy, of course, plus comic books, and a couple of small card games (Crazy 8s and the like), and odds and ends and a small stuffed animal.

Nyssa

Number of posts : 525
Honeycomb : Just entering the Black Hole
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://nyssa.cnc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down