Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stocking up

5 posters

Go down

stocking up Empty stocking up

Post by KellyM Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm

I have to start stocking up on stuff again. I had started a little stash of stuff, but since we had that emergency with my brother and then he went to stay with my parents temporarily until we can get his place fixed up, we have been kicking out money left and right. We were hoping to get him into some type of assisted living facility but we were told there isn't any funding, so they aren't going to bother. Mom and dad are living on soc security disability, and have been buying his medication, food, etc...so we have been sending money their way to help with the expense.

Thus, my little stash I had going of shampoo, body soap, cleaning stuff has dwindled since I have been sharing it with mom, dad, and my brother, and I haven't been able to replenish it since the little bit of extra money is going elsewhere. When I do have a few bucks I can readily find deals on shampoo, toothpaste, bodywash, cleaning stuff. The stuff I have a hard time getting a deal on, some of you are managing to stash away boxes of, like toothbrushes, razors, feminine care stuff.

I would gladly love tips on which places to go, what to watch for to get good deals on these things. Keep in mind, my Rite Aid does not take coupons, I have no Walgreens. I do have a Walmart, and a Family Dollar though. Are there certain brands of these items that have low prices, and regularly have coupons?
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

stocking up Empty Re: stocking up

Post by Lori Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:23 pm

I think the best deals are discussed in the Unbzzed section of the board. I also think that stockpiling works best when you have a Walgreens available. Other than that, all you can really do is buy the Sunday paper and hope they have some decent coupons that week. Last week DH brought a paper home and I've never seen such useful coupons. This week he got one too, and the paper didn't even have a coupon insert. I asume someone got greedy and took the coupons out ahead of DH.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Oh you got ripped Lori.... the one I get multiples of had 2 smartsource.... the bigger papers had FIVE inserts this weekend, 2 smat source, 2 redplum, and a P&G. That sucks, I would be bitching.

I don't have a CVS but if you do, I hear you can get deals better than Walgreens. I also get some of the best deals from Price Chopper even on beauty products.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah, I figured. I kept ribbing him about it, too. I had picked up another All You magazine and was oohing and ahing over all of the coupons. I'd tell him that this coupon alone was worth the price I paid. Then I'd point to the Macy's insert and tell him "NOT worth the price of the newspaper." I think he got the point and will look before walking away from now on.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:01 pm

LOL.... mine still doesn't. He doesn't get my sarcasm when I say gee thank you so much for making sure you bought the one with the coupons, the coupons that are the whole reason I wanted the paper, I so appreciate it honey! He usually smiles and says your welcome, but I thought you said there was no coupons? Neutral
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:12 pm

Kelly, I wish I knew what to tell you. The only thing I can suggest is to contact the manager at your local Rite Aid and tell him that since the store flyer mentions that you can use manufacturer coupons, you are considering turning him in to the police for operating a bait and switch program. It's illegal to advertise deals and not provide them. Same goes for rain checks. They are required by law to provide the deals they advertise.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 pm

i would call rite aid corporate, tell them
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:35 pm

and the attorney general.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Thanks guys, I may just do that. I don't have a lot of options up here in the sticks lol
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: