Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I could kill my SIL.

+4
Lori
tara
Lucky
thebigscott
8 posters

Go down

I could kill my SIL. Empty I could kill my SIL.

Post by thebigscott Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:38 pm

So she's at my MIL's house. They drove 5 hours to get there. And she's giving me shit about the kids not being there. UM... they were there. I drove an hour to drop the kids off yesterday, then drove home. Then SIL called from the road and says she's sick and can I please come get the kids. So I drove there and got them and drove home yet again. That's 4 hours driving so far. This morning she called my mom's house where Caly was and starts giving Caly shit about not being there at my MIL's. They live in the same town so Caly is like 5 minutes away. She's 12. SIL doesn't call and say, "Hey, we really miss you. Can I pop by and get you?" No. She gives Caly shit and tells her that she's rude and inconsiderate to not come over after they drove so far to get there. WTF? She just told me last night to NOT have the kids there. Made me drive an extra 2 hours to take them away! She told me she was sick. Even if she was just trying to get the little ones out of her hair, I don't want my older kids hanging around getting sick. Plus we have plans to go to the circus tonight. My MIL is babysitting the little ones. That's why I took the kids over last night. That was part of the plan because the circus in in yet another town. I have to go out of my way to drop them off now. Since Scott teaches today I was going to just ride to the circus with him and meet SIL and the older kids there. Now I've got to drive back over to get them there early enough to make it to the show. Since Scott can't leave school early he may have to take a separate car. Not only does it waste gas but he's been sick all week and because of the evaluations he's been getting about 3 hours sleep a night. I don't want him driving.

Anyhow, I'm getting ready to call over there and tell her that I have no idea WTF she wants and I'm not in the mood to do it even if I did know. Not after her reaming Caly like that.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I could kill my SIL. Empty Re: I could kill my SIL.

Post by Lucky Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 pm

family is great isn't it?
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:15 pm

ugh. That's shitty Karen.

Have fun at the circus though!!!! Can I come? LOL
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm

She sounds unstable.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:49 pm

wanna get mine while you are at it?
I would SO let her know how i felt abut her basically attacking a child for something beyond her control.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Lori wrote:She sounds unstable.

She is. I really think she's bipolar. She used to be crazy like this all the time. Then she was diagnosed with a lot of sleep problems. In recent years she's acted mostly normal. Then this... I'm wondering if maybe she was on meds and is now off them, or if it's because she's sick? Either way, it's unacceptable. But I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it tonight. I tried to call. I talked to Caly and to my MIL, but SIL and BIL were out. (He's one of those who will just follow her lead no matter what. It's not that he won't stand up to her. He won't even understand that his perfect wife could be wrong.) Anyhow, I don't want the big fight to be just as we walk into the circus. On the other hand, I am not about to let this one go. Erin is right about telling her how I feel. I'm going to ask Scott to speak to her first, and have him tell her that she needs to apologize to Caly. If he won't, or isn't clear on how serious we are about this, then I'll speak to her myself. If I'd called her kid rude because she didn't come over AFTER I sent her away, SIL would scream and yell. I am going to try not to do that because then I'll start crying and it'll ruin the effect. But I am not going to just let her treat my kid this way.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Karen my worst SIL of the 3 I have , is like that all the time and makes no apologies about it. She has no other excuse for the way she is other than this is how she has always been and everyone usually just stays out of her way. I haven't really figured out the best way to deal with her yet. So far I just crab to friends, family, husband when she starts in with something. It has gotten to the point twice with my SIL's where I have confronted them and my husband let them know both times that if they overstepped boundaries that we would just shut them off from us. The first time we stopped contact with her was almost 2 years, the second time 6 months. Since then the worst SIL does nit-picky annoying stuff (probably just to see if she can get my goat) , but she hasn't ventured into anything serious for a while. I think she's worried about us not talking to her again because it wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I feel for you.
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:50 am

so sorry!!

Get her!!

let me know how it works out~~!!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:49 am

Well, SIL called me to apologize to me and to Caly before I could call her. I haven't been able to sit down and talk with her because there have been little ears around at all times, but we both think that maybe my MIL who has been relaying a lot of messages, has been relaying them wrong, or with a spin on them that makes things sound a lot worse that they should. SIL had been under the impression that MIL had called Caly and invited her to come and Caly snubbed her. SIL apologized because she should have spoken to me before trying to deal with what she thought Caly had done, or at least have heard Caly out first. Since we have both always had at least a moderate amount of disciplining each other's kids, this puts things into a different perspective. She WAS in the wrong. But it wasn't a random attack and she thought she was disciplining a kid who had said something rude to her grandmother. So SIL and I are back on good terms, SIL has apologized to Caly, and Caly has forgiven SIL. We haven't said anything about the miscommunication to MIL yet because I honestly don't know if it was on purpose. That would be pretty out of character. My initial thought is that she meant to just make a play for some sympathy from each of us, rather than sic us all on each other. I really hope that it was that and not that she's losing touch with reality. My FIL went through that and it wasn't fun.

The only real mess left to clean up is that Caly was at my mom's when SIL called, and I think my mom and my SIL got into it. I KNOW my mom is still ticked. SIL offered to call her and I said let me talk to her first so she doesn't just blow up at you. When I started to say something, mom started blowing up as ME! I'm staying out of it for tonight and frankly... they live in different towns. If my mom is pissed forever it won't make that much difference. If she calms down enough, I'll have SIL call to apologize. If not, I don't care. I'm done with being in the middle of everyone else's crap.

The circus was great BTW. In fact, it was the greatest show on earth.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:49 am

I'm glad that your SIL called up and apologized to Caly and you! Hopefully your mother will calm down and forgive her as well. Hopefully your MIL has a good explanation for how this misunderstanding happened.
aurora04
aurora04
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:07 am

Glad she apologized, and glad the circus was great.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 am

It does sound suspiciously like someone was trying to either stir thepot or stir up sympathy. Initially, it sounded like her response was totally unacceptable, but it would really make a difference if she was told that Caly was purposely avoiding her. SIL sounds repentant, and that counts for a lot.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum