Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disneyland

+3
chelle
tara
mandja
7 posters

Go down

Disneyland Empty Disneyland

Post by mandja Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 am

So here in a few weeks we are going on a family road trip to the happiest place on earth.... Disneyland!!! We are super excited... but as always I want to have the best time for the least amount of money! I would love to hear everyone ideas on cutting cost while I am there!
Very Happy Thanks Laughing Wink Disneyland 956600
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 377
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Disneyland Empty Re: Disneyland

Post by tara Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am

We hope to go next year, have funa dn I hope you have a wonderful time!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:11 pm

I have never been, but have read to take as much food as possible to cook in your hotel room. Cause hamburgers are like 20.00.

I hope y'all have a blast!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:14 pm

This month's issue of Parenting magazine has an article about it. Here are the highlights:

MouseSavers.com is a website that compares ofers, discount codes, etc.

Parenting.com/disney has more tips.

TouringPlans.com has a "best-ticket calculator" that asks you 12 questions and then tells you which park ticket will best suit what you and your family can do, plus it has an online crouwd tracker that predicts waiting times for the various rides.

Do the rides with the longest lines first thing in the morning when you go, because lines get longer as the day goes on. Go back to your hotel and swim in the afternoon when lines are longest and the day is hottest, then come back at dusk for more.

Visit Disney's official site for a Little Ones planning guide if you have toddlers. There is a "rider swap" program in which one parent waits with a child who's too young to ride, then gets to hop right on after handing the baby off to the parent who just rode. There are baby care centers with comfy chairs and a TV with a disney movie playing.

And from me, bring along a fry-daddy cooker to boil a big pot of water in your room and you can make mac 'n' cheese or spagetti or hot dogs in your room so you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to feed a picky kid (or adult). We do this all the time, making really nice dinners and just eating out for lunch. It's a good supplement to PBandJ and cold cuts.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:41 pm

I forgot about that article, I just read it too, lol. Let us know what kind of cool deals you can snag if you use it.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by crystajewel Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 pm

are you going to the one in cali or fl?

crystajewel
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 231
Honeycomb : busy bee
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:02 pm

WDW has more deals than Disneyland in Ca. And yes, bring , or buy in a grocery there as much food as you can. 1 pizza, 4 drinks cost us $52.50, the prices are insane.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:37 am

Is this a multiple-day trip? If so, we saved a lot by eating our main meal of the day around 3pm. The restaurants in the parks jack up their prices for dinner, so we always ate when the lunch menu was still in effect. When we were at Disney World in FL, our hotel had several expensive restaurants, but we found that the little deli/store at the hotel had a good deal that the kids loved. They had a PB&J (on a good, homemade hearty bread) packaged with a rice krispy treat and some grapes that was very reasonably priced. Plus no waiting, and the kids loved it all. If you have tohe time, read bulletin boards that other thrifty travelers post at and piock their brains before you go.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mandja Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 pm

we are going to Disneyland CA we will be at the park for 3 days... We have free breakfast every morning at the hotel we are staying at... which will help a ton... $3o for fruit and a piece of toast is just not right to me... I am lucky that my kids are small enough still 4 and 2 that we can share a lot of meals... eating early is a great idea... and snack when we get back to the hotel...
mandja
mandja
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 377
Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down