Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My turn to complain.

5 posters

Go down

My turn to complain. Empty My turn to complain.

Post by thebigscott Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:41 pm

I have a huge pet peeve. I hate it when I go out of my way to do something nice for someone and they complain. I HATE it. So yesterday I used the free redbox code to rent Bolt for Zoe. She loved it and watched it over and over, which I normally don't allow. I'd rented kind of early in the day so she watched 3 times yesterday (but playing and talking with Quinn during most of the last two showings), and one more time this morning. So this afternoon when I returned it she threw a shit fit and yelled at me. I told her that I'd planned to rent it again another time but if she continued to yell I would not be getting her a movie for a while. She stopped fussing, but then she slowly started to whine and whimper louder and louder until it was just as loud as the yelling had been. I ended up spanking her. I hardly ever spank but she was on my last nerve. The thing that bothers me is that if I had NOT rented the movie, she would not have thrown the fit. This is my reward? I am extra nice and indulgent for a single day and I am now a monster? And yes, I know that spoiling is the result of parents who are indulgent. But geesh! It ought to take longer than a single day to spoil a child considering all the months of making her tow the line.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My turn to complain. Empty Re: My turn to complain.

Post by chelle Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Karen, mine are the SAME way.
You give them an inch and they take a mile.
It bothers me SOOO much. might be why I never do anything nice for my kids.

Seriously. you bend over backwards, give them something and they still treat you like crap. LOL doesnt make it worth it at all.

you'd think they would be grateful for wht they get, instead of wanting more.

Mine ( the 2 oldest, especially the one who dislikes Pizza) actually had the nerve to whine and complain and tell me how mean I was the other night ALL the way home. How I hated him, how I never do anything for them (it was 9:30, I was 30 minutes from home and had been at the ballpark with them since 7 my second trip to town that day) I was the worst mother in the world, I was cruel, hated them, and mean, because he got a 5.00 off 2 large pizza hut pizza coupon and I wouldnt go and buy him a pizza. (they are like 20.00 each...)

never mind that this is the same kid who hates pizza. when I buy it I am mean, hate him and wish he was dead since he doesnt like it. and never mind that I didnt have themoney to do it.

I dont know where he got the idea that I SHOULD buy him one. I buy pizza once every 6 months. maybe. I never buy them fast food like that, and I had honestly never even heard of the coupon.

my kids actually hate that I cook everything. Because their friends brag about getting mcdonalds and sonic and pizza hut all week at school.
So I feel your pain.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:58 pm

We took Saige to Pizza Hut this weekend. They get free personal pan pizza coupons for PARP. It cost a small fortune to feed the remaining three of us. Next time we will pick it up to go and stop and get a $5 pizza for us. We eat out maybe once a month but it's almost always Subway, you couldn't pay me to eat McDonalds
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Sam's going through that phase right now too -- every time I try to do something nice for him it ends with him having a tantrum. I can deal with a 4 year old taking something nice and turning it around like that, but I hate when adults do it. I have a friend who has a 2 year old son. When my kids had outgrown some of their clothes I washed them up and gave the ones that were in good shape to her. There were some nice things in there -- including some things that had been given to the boys as gifts that they never even wore like a really nice spring jacket from Old Navy that just didn't fit my boys at the right time of year. All she did was complain about the money wasted on name brand clothes for kids and how it's better put towards other things, and how she would never go into an Old Navy or specialty children's store. I kept my mouth shut and didn't tell her that some of that stuff had been gifts and some had been dirt cheap at Old Navy. I just quit giving her clothes and either send it to other friends or to the Salvation Army.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 pm

I buy new clothes, Old Navy, JCPenney's and I get them cheaper than you can used at the Salvation Army. Some people just don't know how to shop.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Exactly! I've gotten some really good deals at Old Navy for the kids and I. There are some really nice things on their clearance racks!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:44 pm

SOunds familiar, give kids any slack and they run with it. Mine are not huge complainers, but they do complain. It is especially hard with Bay, she is spoiled, I admit it, she is the baby, the second only child, BUT she does not get everything she wants from me.
OH no, not me, but DH is another story. For example, at wal mart the other night, she asked him to get her a book, he did, a $15.99 book I could have easily traded for at the used book store. Then she mentioned wanting a new bike, Guess who has a brand new bike? I nearly choked when they got home, bike and book in tow. I mean, here I am trying to save every dime I can, and HE spends it, then she whines at ME that "dadddy buys her stuff, and I a mean Mom out to make her life miserable".
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down