Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shack

4 posters

Go down

The Shack Empty The Shack

Post by Junebug Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 pm

I've had many people suggest that I read The Shack. I'm about 3/4 into it and am not too excited about it. It's about a little girl who got abducted. Her father blames himself and can't get over it. He gets a message to go to the shack where they found her bloody clothes. He goes and it's changed into "heaven" with Papa (God) the son and holy ghost. Kind of dumb if you ask me.

Junebug
Larva
Larva

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

The Shack Empty Re: The Shack

Post by stlgrl Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:16 am

My book club read The Shack last month. I didn't find it as life changing as everyone says it is. THought it had some interesting points, like God's opinions on organized religion, etc. But in general, I don't read too many books on religion.
stlgrl
stlgrl
Worker Bee
Worker Bee

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:24 am

I've seen lots of recommendations to read this one, but I can tell by the description that it's not for me. From your reactions I believe I was right. I guess I'm not easily transformed or swayed religiously. And I think I'm difficult too, because if Oprah says I must read something, nothing on this earth is going to make me read it. LOL
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by trebenaid Tue May 19, 2009 11:57 am

I just finished reading this book last week and all I have to say is "its okay". I think its meant for someone who doesn't know God at all. I consider myself spiritual, but not overly religious. But my beliefs are already pretty solid, so hearing someone else's views on religion isn't really the high point of my day. I CAN say it was a real "easy" read. It took me all of three days. And I did like some of the points it made....it didn't go AGAINST anything I already believe....but it's not a book I would enjoy rereading.
trebenaid
trebenaid
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 34
Honeycomb : level six and sinking
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down