Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finally found a ceiling fan I like..........

+3
bizzeedee
BuzzNut
edbson
7 posters

Go down

I finally found a ceiling fan I like.......... Empty I finally found a ceiling fan I like..........

Post by edbson Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:05 pm

I wanted something unique for my living room, something that NOONE else has, and I found it, but not sure if DH is gonna let me pay that much....

http://www.delmarfans.com/prod_one.cfm?catid=1001&subcatid=0&sid=1004&siq=getprice_ranges&sid_list=1004&siq_list=getprice_ranges&id=1974
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

I finally found a ceiling fan I like.......... Empty Re: I finally found a ceiling fan I like..........

Post by BuzzNut Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:45 pm

Whoa that's different, and now I know why I have never seen them before..geez Louise that is expensive! I bet that thing would move the air.
Good luck Erin..can ya talk him into it?
BuzzNut
BuzzNut
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1737
Honeycomb : Level 6 ....the endless doom
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

I finally found a ceiling fan I like.......... Empty Re: I finally found a ceiling fan I like..........

Post by bizzeedee Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:39 pm

Definitely different... not for me... but it you like it, well good luck !n convincing DH to pay that for it. And yes, it's not one that eveyone has had (don't mean to be bitchy, but you were sort of asking for opinions when you posted the link)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:14 pm

that is SOOO retro looking!!

I love it! LOL

it looks like something that a old redneck would have stuck together! ROFLMAO!!

The only thing I would want to change is the light fixture. that one just doenst stand out enough Smile

and hey, 2 years ago, I got the limestone and tin ceiling fan from HOmeDepot (TExas Star collection ) it was almost 300.00.

Tell him thats what they are all going for nowadays Wink
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:16 pm

I like this one better...

http://www.delmarfans.com/prod_one.cfm?catid=1001&sid=1006&siq=getbrands&id=2846

its a little more 'old' Smile

but about 3 times more 'spensive.... LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm a firm believer, at least where ceiling fans are cnocerned, that you get what you pay for. Go for it! Just don't tell anyone in your family what you paid for it.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:22 pm

I ordered 2 of them, one indoor, and one outdoor for the backporch....I am in Love with them, and dh agreed IF I let him pick the one for the bedroom.( I am hoping they don't still make them with mirrored blades, his Mom has one like that in her Living room and he loves it)
They still got them Limestone and tin ones Chelle? I am gonna need something for the front porch, and the Door has the Star in it...in the fanlight

I really do also think you get what you pay for, and I am SICK of noisy ceiling fans, and vibratey ones too. Actually I got them $250 cheaper online versus the store here, and they shipped free.

Last edited by edbson on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:24 pm

I've never seen one like it, Erin. I'm not sure it's for me, but then again, I want one with neon lights, LOL.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 pm

ohhh, Bay wants one with neons, really expensive....right now she is settling for the pink one I bought, and we will paint Brown circles and dots on the blades
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:52 pm

I love neon blue. Actually I just love blue. And I like bright colors. All my walls are bright bold colors.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:52 pm

as far as I know Erin. And I LOVE it. its quiet, its very classy and has matching other fixtures. Smile

I did find something at lowes today that I want to go in the kitchen where the hidious 'trailer house' fixture is. Its not by the same folks (Lowes vs Homedepot) but it fits more in that area, and its just the brushed tin color of the other fixtures and has the TExas Star.

and YOU B****! you got MY door!! I want that door SOOOO bad... have for YEARS!! I want it painted RED> Smile LOL

I like the baseball ceiling fan, but it wont match the kids decor. (when I decor it.... LOL) The kids dont have fans in their rooms. I dont trust them. But would love for Rayley to have one thats got pink and green blades Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:45 pm

I bet that thing would really circulate the air! I like it -- it's kind of industrial looking to me. If I lived somewhere like Texas I'd definately have one like that!
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 pm

I tell ya, the prototype was found in the woods, on some old drunk rednecks porch. He took a couple of his parents old fans, stuck them on a winch motor and stuck it on the ceiling. I promise you, the blue prints at the patent house have at LEAST one cut up beer can tacked on it , and lots of duct tape in them!!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:29 pm

That being said, I still like it! ROFLMAO! But I want my beer can to be lonestar.. one of the vintage ones... ROFLMAO
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Pretty much, It will be a helluva conversation piece.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down