Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Softball time again!

5 posters

Go down

Softball time again! Empty Softball time again!

Post by edbson Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:41 pm

SO here is the rundown

Glove, bat, balls, batting helmet, sliders, cleets, : $462.97( we had to replace everything!)
Catchers equipment in Team colors: $162.50 ( gee thanks IKE)
Bag to hold all this shit: $45
Pitching/batting coach fees; $20 an hour X 2 hours a week for 6 weeks= $240
headache meds for the money I spent this morning;$4.79
The fact that my kid will play ball at ONE ball park, on ONE field this year, and i don't have to travel every freaking weekend: PRICELESS!

I SO hated traveling, and yes I know she will have a better chance of a scholarship playing select ball, but geez I need a break, and she is 11.
I would have only had to spend the $123 plus uniforms this year, but thanks to the danged Hurricane I am seriously broke, for a seriously long time, But Bayley is happy as a pig in the sun...
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Softball time again! Empty Re: Softball time again!

Post by thebigscott Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Ee-gads! And I thought swim teams were expensive. Of course for your $600+ dollars she gets a fair amount of gear. For our $100 we get a swimsuit that's so small you might have trouble blowing your nose in it. I can't believe this but I can't remember the exact cost of the swimsuits and signups. I think I've blotted it out of my memory. I do remember that the girls suits were $40 more expensive than the boys suits.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Well of course, the girls suit have an inch more fabric.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Actually, the boys suits are the kind that go down their thighs and the girls are racer backed so it's almost the same amount of fabric exactly, just in different places. I think they just know that we have to buy it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:42 pm

My boys brought home their 'flyer' for sign ups on Thursday.

of course there was NO price on it.
They were begging me befor they even showed it to me, to please let them do it, please...

I didnt even know what 'it' was yet.

We do have our equiptiment for the most part. for us it will

New bats 150.00

pants 30.00

cleats 45.00

snacks for after school for them on practice days 5-10 a day.
snacks for the other 2 on practice days 5-10 a day

me driving back and forth for the practice of 2 differnt teams 20 plus miles each way
$100.00 a week. on a good week with cheap deisel.

TILL MAY!

My children not being around drugs or learning about them, not being terrorists, or staying in trouble because they are in sports..... Priceless Useless.... They learn that in school!

Rayley wont be able to play this year. And I already feel guilty enough that she cant do dance lessons.. thats all she ever talks about, playing baseball and taking dance lessons..

OH and this is on top of outfitting them for archery for 4-H. and I didnt get anything but their practice gear. and I cheated and it came from santa. I havent even done rifle or shotgun...

Last edited by chelle on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:42 pm

Why can't Rayley play? They can start Tball here at 3, they look like bobbleheads with their helmets on at that age...

OK, now have been informed that i have to go back to academy, and buy a bucket of Wiffle balls.....I told her to get a job!
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Devon and Sam got their letter for tball again on Friday too. It's $60 each for them to play and I think their helmets will still fit them so I should get off easy there...
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Honestly Erin, because I cant afford to sign her up too, last year it was 75 a kid. I fiqure it went way up this year. thats why they left it off the paper... LOL as it is it will be hard to afford to go to town 4 - 5 days a week. and with 3 in baseball, you can rest assured, its 4 days a week- cause Murphy loves me. LOL The boys will practice 2 days each, and it will be on differnt days, then you add in Rayley and thats 2 more days. Not that they will fit in a week. BUT we will be in at least 5 days a week, cause one team or the other will practice on Sat. The only day they wont practice is Wen. cause thats church nite, and everything around here shuts down for church night. Smile

its the same reason she isnt in dance.

I will let her start playing in another year or so. The boys were in 1st and 2nd grade when they started. She can wait.

I dont know what I am going to do about dance. I got her some ballet DVD's for here. And this weekend if its not too cold, I am going to find me some PVC in the storage building, find some elbows and make her a 'bar' to practice on. I'll do that and then wrap it in gold lame' material and she will think she has a brass bar just like they do on TV. Smile
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Mine wants to do karate... I'm putting it off til next year. I am SOOOO glad she doesn't want to dance- I hate dance. I was thinking gymnastics but about had a stroke when I saw the prices last year for a 3 year old, for that you would think you were paying an Olympics coach.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:48 pm

The only gyms here are Olympic gyms, or competition gymnastics, and they are $$$$$.
Our LL doesn't make you pay full price after the second kid, it is about $20 cheaper, then the third kid etc is free.
Now I DID have to pay a $20 concession stand fee, so they can rebuild it, and i guess I didn't mind, I need my nachos.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Our gymnastics class for Zoe and Quinn is super cheap. Like $20 for the school year. It's just 45 minutes once a week and it's really simple fun stuff like somersaults and handstands and crawling through tunnels and walking on a very very low balance beam. But the kids love it. They call it jumping class.

Then we do music lessons (also super cheap) and swimming (expensive!) for the older two. That's it except for stuff the school sponsors for free like chorus or art club. Well, Zaven does Students for Appalachia's Teen Mentoring and Upward Bound has reunions once a month, but the Teen Mentoring is free and Upward Bound pays him a stipend to come.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:00 pm

oh lord no, last I heard dance or gymnastics here were at least 75 a month.

They used to give us a rebate for more kids. I think the 4th is free. (I wont ever hit that, our little League stops at 14. Bow wont start till he is 8 or so.. by then the boys will be in the school system baseball if they are good enough. ) but its a 10.00 or so discount for 2, and 15 maybe 20 for 3.

But since they didnt put an amount on the paper I am apprehensive about how much it will cost. I fiqure they went up pretty high if they aint tellin.. LOL

Plus, our little league pays for the High School field. and Ike messed it up pretty bad, so we have to rebuild it. that cost will come into play. Thats why I fiqure its gona be higher. We have to keep it nice and all since we were champs in 07 we have to have a good facility to bring in tournoments. or some such crap... LOL

Of course I could be all wrong, it might be cheaper this year and I am stressing for nothing. They did have a very low turnout last year. The least amount of kids ever. so maybe they smartened up.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down