Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The funny thing Zoe said, and my Christmas woes.

4 posters

Go down

The funny thing Zoe said, and my Christmas woes. Empty The funny thing Zoe said, and my Christmas woes.

Post by thebigscott Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:44 am

First the funny thing: "Who's jacking his beanstalk?"

Next, the Christmas woes: How did I end up with a ton of gifts for each kid except for Caly? She's got squat compared to the others? I think what happened is that she likes to go shopping with me, so I can't buy for her while she's there. Plus, I gave her one or two of the things I'd been thinking of saving for her Christmas. Like I bought the Prince Caspian movie for her, but decided to go ahead and give it to her last week after Zaven got to go see Stomp while she had to babysit Zoe, Quinn, and a sick grandma.

And just as a side note, I got my tree cut, in the stand, in the house, and put a few lights on it. Of course, the house is a total wreck and I'm a bit freaked about that. But still, progress was made.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The funny thing Zoe said, and my Christmas woes. Empty Re: The funny thing Zoe said, and my Christmas woes.

Post by chelle Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:46 am

I am glad progress was made. Smile

MIne is up. BUT, I havent gotten the chance to redo it. All the ornaments are at certain levels and the candy canes are in bunches... LOL

I find that Rayley ends up with lots of little crap, where as the boys really dont. But its easier to find junk for her. hair stuff, and such. Where as the boys, you cant get that stuff.. LOL

And I refused to buy toys this year. There is not a Toy to be wrapped!! Screw all the hype!
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The funny thing Zoe said, and my Christmas woes. Empty Re: The funny thing Zoe said, and my Christmas woes.

Post by tara Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:47 am

Perhaps it is a little girl thing, Saige has way more than anyone else. I think I am getting her ticket for Disney on Ice next month too- I'm still debating. I have to find out if I can get them somewhere other than ticketmaster.... they are only 9 bucks but after fees and surcharges it costs twice that at least. It's ridiculous... I still have to get my Sweeney Todd tickets too.

Tree has been up for two weeks now, it is decorated, all are at waist level and the candy canes are in bunches but I like it that way, lol. Next year they will start to get a little higher up the tree and before I know it there wont be little people decorating my tree at all so I am celebrating the mishappen tree ornaments.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Those are some words of wisdom Karen. That will be my new saying now anytime I wonder what ticked someone off. If I have one too many drinks this weekend while SIL is here (hubby did buy me stuff btw) i may just end up asking her who's jacking her beanstalk... Smile

Our tree has been up since the day before Thanksgiving here. Somehow this year just isn't feeling like Christmas. I have been battling Wynonna with her attitude about school. First she wanted to go to Alternative Ed, then she wanted to try to stick it out at school, now she is saying that her grades are too good and Alternative Ed won't take her unless all her grades are under 80, so now she's telling me she either wants me to start homeschooling her immediately or she will just fail... I can't even begin to wrap my mind around what is going on in her brain right now. It seems like everytime she comes up with something new and shocking and we sit down and talk and come up with a plan for it then she starts in with something totally different.
She absolutely refused to go to school yesterday because she was "tired". Aside from physically forcing her I can't punish her anymore than I already have. No TV, no phone priveleges, no going anywhere, etc.. That, and as she keeps reminding me, she won't be living here for next Christmas. I don't know what got into her, I don't think this boyfriend and his mother are helping the situation at all. Her and I were always so close, and still are except for the times when she is talking nonsense. So all of this has me remembering Christmases past where the kids were younger and things seemed so much more magical. I have a feeling that those Christmases are over...
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:51 am

Boy do I know how to kill a thread lol Sorry guys...
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:37 am

Kelly, dont feel bad. I know she has lots of meds already. BUT have you concidered taking her to the Dr and telling him that you KNOW its typical teen behavior to be depressed and irrational. BUT with her medical problems its much worse and your fear for her mental well being is becoming more and more. And asking if he will put her on an antidepressent?

The stigma on them is not there anymore. I guarentee you that if you know 10 people, 8 of them have been on some sort of ANtidepressent in the past or still are. Many will NOT admit it. But they do help. I have been on them. and it wasnt as much because I was depressed, ( honestly, if you ask anyone, I am one of those perky cheerleader types that I actually despise.... bouncing off the walls all the time) But there have been a few times when I was to the point of exploding. the least little thing would set me off and I would throw a screaming fit. Luckily I only do them at home, but I told my doctor and he would put me on something. He called them my 'be nice pills'. They just evened me out. He said it was all hormonal. I think I am so odd that I dont get post partum depression, I get pre toddler depression. LOL but after 6 months to a year, I just walk away from them. no problems. Its been years since I was on anything, the last time was after the house burned. I went in for my 6 month check up after having Rayley and he told me that he was putting me on them, no ifs ands or buts. He said no matter how I felt then, it would hit me later.

Now you are not in a haze when you take these. I never even know I am on them, except people are able to stop walking on eggshells and I cut down on the kleenex usage. Oh and the chocolate frosting constumption.

Last edited by chelle on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:24 am

Kelly, have you tracked her problems on a calendar? It just occured to me that they may BE hormonal. She's the right age to start having serious emotional problems with PMS. It may not be that at all, but if it's got a pattern or rhythm then it could be treatable. Some of us just get cracky monthly, but others get rages or depression or other problems and need help from doctors.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:28 pm

I never thought of either of those, I will bring both up at her next checkup...today is much better because we had a talk into the wee hours of the morning this morning. I dont' know how things will turn out but I feel a little better anyway.. I should ask her who's jacking her beanstalk? lol
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:42 pm

LOL kelly. Smile Zoe might have invented the newest catch phrase !! LOL

I hope it all gets better kelly.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down