Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some people....

3 posters

Go down

Some people.... Empty Some people....

Post by KellyM Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:15 pm

My daughter's boyfriend (Dan) as I mentioned in a previous post is now in juvie. I have talked til I am blue in the face for all the good it does. I just hope that after a time things will change and she will change her mind, or go off in some other direction instead of making it her crusade to fix this "troubled" guy. After yesterday though, I can kind of understand a little why Dan might be screwed up after learning some about his mother. I went to school with her and graduated with her. From what I can remember she was a little rough around the edges (doesn't make her a bad person). But that isn't the half of it. Wynonna wanted to go over to Dan's house to be there when Dan called his mother from juvie so that she could talk to him for a few minutes too. He's only allowed right now to make one call every couple weeks and it's a toll call so that is the only way she would get to speak to him other than writing him a letter which she has written 2 since he has been down there. Anyhoo, I wasn't crazy about the idea, but she is 17 due to be 18 this summer and I thought what could a phone call hurt. And the phone call went fine, no problem there. I thought his mother, however is not impressive to me. Wynonna called on the way home and said that Sherrie (Dan's mother) wanted to come in and see Licky (Wynonna's hamster) weird I thought. I told Wynonna that I had a migraine and how I just laid down and wasn't in the mood for company and would not be up to greet this woman. Kris (my husband) was here and also thought that it was weird that a grown woman would want to come in to meet her son's girlfriends hamster? So she came and hung out in Wynonnas room for about 20 minutes! She was talking and gossiping just like she was in highschool with my daughter. She was going on about some of these other kids and what this one was doing behind that ones back, she's 37 yrs old! Kris didn't know what to say/do without being rude and I had gone back to bed. What is it with some of these parent's trying to be buddies/ best friends with their kids' friends/girlfriends? There is no way in heck that I would talk to Wynonna's boyfriend on the phone for 2 hours (his mother talked to wynonna the other night for this long) or I wouldn't go over to dans house and hang out in his room for 20 minutes..!! I think this woman never grew up and thinks she's back in highschool or she is so messed up that she cannot find friends around her own age so she befriends teenagers to hang around with because they are closer to her maturity level...ughh I just don't like it at all and if she does these types of things again I will be telling her that it is kind of odd and that I don't feel comfortable with it. I already told Wynonna that it is very strange behavior...being nice to your childs friend/boy/girlfriend is one thing, making conversation is one thing, but being buddy, buddy with your son's teenage girlfriend when you are almost 40 is kinda wierd...
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Some people.... Empty Re: Some people....

Post by edbson Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Yeah, it is weird. DD's Boyfriends Mom acts like she and DD should be best friends, and i have even come out and asked if she had friends for herself. I think some parents do it without realizing it, maybe thinking they can be friends and the kids will like them more or something.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by cens0rship Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:24 pm

That's totally my stepmom. She does the same things with my stepsisters friends and such and knows more about them then I think anyone her age. I don't know if she is lonely or what but trust me if you met my stepsister you would see my stepmom did her no good being buddybuddy with her.
cens0rship
cens0rship
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 175
Honeycomb : Level 3
Registration date : 2008-10-07

http://shessupercrafty.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down