Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations President-Elect Obama!

+9
edbson
KellyM
olivefrm
tara
Lori
cens0rship
Missy
bizzeedee
thebigscott
13 posters

Go down

Congratulations President-Elect Obama! Empty Congratulations President-Elect Obama!

Post by thebigscott Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:07 pm

OK, you probably all know I'm a Republican, but even so I'm an American first. So congrats to our new President-Elect.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Congratulations President-Elect Obama! Empty Re: Congratulations President-Elect Obama!

Post by bizzeedee Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 pm

yeah, congrats to a new and exciting president elect. however, i wonder, the last time i mentioned anything to with one candidate or the other, i was shuned. hummm ???
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Congratulations President-Elect Obama! Empty Re: Congratulations President-Elect Obama!

Post by Missy Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:39 am

I am proud to have voted and taken place in this historical election!
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:49 am

Dee, as I recall, you were not shunned. You chose to stop posting for a while. But either way, the problem was not your views, merely that we didn't want to use the forum for a controversial and potentially divisive topic. As far as I know, there's nothing particularly controversial or divisive about the fact that he won. I am not discussing politics. I did not mention why he should or shouldn't be President, if he did or did not deserve this victory. I merely offered my congratulations. I was trying to be magnanimous.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cens0rship Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:22 am

In my govt class if you guessed the right electoral votes on a pp presentation you got extra 25 points and I totally nailed it! WOOHOO!

Congratulations President-Elect Obama! 902459
cens0rship
cens0rship
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 175
Honeycomb : Level 3
Registration date : 2008-10-07

http://shessupercrafty.etsy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:16 am

I was just online checking out our local results and saw that McCain won the majority of the presidential votes in my county. I actually saw that before I found out that Obama had won the election so I was on pins and needles.

Did they call a winner last night or sometime in the wee hours? I was asleep by 10 I think.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:45 am

It was like 11:02 Lori, lol. I drank a pot of coffee around 8, getting ready for a long night, I must have held my breath for those 3 hours though. As soon as they called CA, they called him.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by olivefrm Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:45 am

It was about 10 central time. or a bit after.
Sad
olivefrm
olivefrm
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-29

http://materialgirlstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:52 am

oh I should specify. Shortly after 11 Eastern time.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:00 am

M kids are so funny, my son came running out of his bedroom every 5 minutes with a "newsflash" telling me what they were saying on television (I was in the middle of helping Wynonna with a school project) he was so excited cause he knew how I voted. He's at the age right now where this is the first election that he has taken an interest in (he was too young on the last one) he was so upset that he couldn't vote Smile
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:04 am

Well at least he is close. Saige was super upset that she couldn't vote. We discussed it and what it means to vote and she pondered it for a while and then told me she was read to go. I asked her where... she said to vote for Becky for president. I laughed and explained she had to be 18 to vote and word girl was NOT an option.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:28 am

too funny! I just love when kids come up with stuff like that! When we went to Wynonna's last remicade treatment there was a little girl there she was about 4. We were in the waiting room and she was playing with the kids toys while her mother was talking to the receptionist. She asked me if I would help her build a house with the blocks on the table, so I told her I would. Then she told me, "I will sit in the red chair and you can sit in the blue one,," The chair is about the size that a 3-4 yr old could fit in ! God Bless her, she thought I could fit in it, I decided that moment that I loved her right away lol! I told her that I would be more than happy to help her build her house but that I might have a problem sitting in the chair so she then asked, "Why don't you like blue?" I told her mother who was kind of listening from across the room how precious her little girl was and that I would like to take her home, she chuckled. I then told the little girl that I was just too big for the chair...you just gotta love kids
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 am

LOL!
I went to school with Saige on Monday for a field trip (they walk to the library once a month) They are so tiny! You don't notice until there are 16 of them surrounding you in their tiny little chairs eating their tiny bowls of cereal. So the teacher said "oh Mrs Skinner go ahead and sit and join them" so I parked my butt on a teeny tiny chair (prayed it would hold me) and Saige introduced me to the other kids and one little boy was kind enough to tell me I looked like a giant and that I should probably get a bigger chair because my butt didn't fit. Saige told him it was okay because it I feel I was close to the ground already. lol!
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 am

DH and I both got frustrated with the way the news channels were predicting outcomes. Like they'd have a check by Obama's name when only 3% of the precincts in that state had been reported, and McCain was ahead in the precincts that had reported so far. We were like "Whaaaaat?" We finally got disgusted and went to bed. It sounds like we just missed them calling the election, though.

This morning I saw footage of the crowd in Chicago and cried. I wish I could have been there.
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:43 am

I was frustrated also. McCain won my county, and State,yet the local news was calling it for Obama. I finally gave up and went to bed too, figured I would find out eventually.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 am

My county also went for McCain, but we supported Obama. My daughter is at college and was so excited, she called home about a dozen times with updates lol. This was her first time voting for president. She was extra excited since she had met Obama when he spoke at her school also.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by olivefrm Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:39 am

Speaking of what kids have to say about all this, when my kids got up and found out that Obama won, they asked "Are we going to loose our shop now?"

We told them no. Daddy has worked very hard for all these years. And even though things are going to be harder, we will just have to work harder. Everything will be okay.
olivefrm
olivefrm
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Honeycomb : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-29

http://materialgirlstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 pm

I personally think we ought to vote for chelle for President Very Happy !!
KellyM
KellyM

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:10 pm

History has been made. I am glad to have been witness to it.

My opinion, Canada welcomes Obama.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 pm

KellyM wrote:I personally think we ought to vote for chelle for President Very Happy !!

I second that nomination
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:39 pm

edbson wrote:
KellyM wrote:I personally think we ought to vote for chelle for President Very Happy !!

I second that nomination

awwwwww thank you Kelly and Erin Smile ****smooch****

olivefm, LOL, mine woke up at 2am and said "who won?" I told him, he said, well, just dig a hole, hide the guns for 4 years and then maybe we can take them out again" LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:57 pm

I forgot you even had an election yesterday until I saw this post! I figured he would win, but it seemed pretty close in the past week or two.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

I don't think your guns are in danger, Chelle. Where I come from ('burbs of Detroit) guns have a different use than what you all have for them and they scare the bejabbers out of me. We live in the northern part of the state now, where everyone comes to hunt, and they still scare me. LOL
Lori
Lori

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:12 pm

We had an option of voting on my ballot for allowing concealed guns. I thought of you chelle. When Tim and my neighbor asked how I voted, my response... "It works in Texas."

Tim and I vowed not to watch the news and just watch in the morning. But when we heard that Obama would be in Grant Park, we were crying. To not be where we still consider home and support him, it was sad for us. But as I watched the electoral votes go up, I got more and more excited. Yes, I voted for Obama. I supported him since he started with the whole going against Hilary. I will not state why, and why not McCain. It's my opinion, and I love America for that.

I am sad for those that did not want him, and those that are putting up a big stink about it. All I can ask is that once the initial shock has worn off, is that we need to all unite back together and make America strong again. We need to get past this recession and work together. Let's work on bringing our troops home, and making the American dollar worth something again.

I thank you to everyone that did vote. And I look forward to the next 4 years. I really do hope for the better.
---------------------------------------------------

I love reading the stories on the children the most. They are so innocent and it is so nice to be able to see through their viewpoints again. My son is still young, and I did slightly shelter him from this election. There was a lot of nastiness all around. I do slightly regret not showing him more, but I figure that he has a few more years and more elections to witness.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:14 pm

I am proud of you on your Concealed Carry vote Missy Smile I am a firm believer in following your life the way you think is best, but not taking away from those who think differntly. What you did will help insure that Smile

Lori, I understand being scared of them if you have never been around them. I grew up with one in a corner of every room and more over the doors, and in the gun cabinet. I cant imagine living with out them. For me they are a way of life. Not just for hunting, but for security and safety. Not just against human kind. I have saved many an animal from a wild or rabid 'hunter' in my yard or on my farm. And I have made it through many a winter eating just what we were able to kill. I have the deepest respect for them, and a reverence for my rights to have them. I can deal with just about anyone, and accept just about anything, But not loosing that. I know it sounds silly to many people, but its what it is.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down