Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated! Erin's house is gone.)

+15
amybeccaz
bzzinalong
Connie
Honey
59pearly
Rebecca1340
KellyM
aurora04
BeachyBum
Missy
trax
tara
Lori
Momto3
thebigscott
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated!  Erin's house is gone.) Empty text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated! Erin's house is gone.)

Post by thebigscott Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Chelle sent me some texts, because her cell reception is bad:

#1: Safe so far, lights out since 330 wind pickin up, sittin on the porch, no clue about the rest of the world

I replied: Storm not as bad as expected. Galveston flooded 3 dead.

#2: Damn near coulda fooled me LOL. We are still gitting hit with pretty tough winds geraldo should be here. Makin it awful tough to sit on the porch and enjoy the cool weather:)

#3: Went and checked my house. Alls okay. Just no lights, and water is going soon. Twisters here this morn. Damage very close.

I replied: I just got home. Was shopping. Will check news. Will post on UB. BRB.

So now I'm off to watch the news. Looks worse than when I left earlier. If you have (short) messages, I can pass them on.

Last edited by thebigscott on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated!  Erin's house is gone.) Empty Re: text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated! Erin's house is gone.)

Post by Momto3 Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Glad to hear that she is doing okay so far. I have been checking my boards all day to check on people.

Momto3
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated!  Erin's house is gone.) Empty Re: text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated! Erin's house is gone.)

Post by Lori Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks for the update Karen!

Just let her know that we're all thinking of her and wishing her and her family well.

Send her a text message from Chelle and Erin (Updated!  Erin's house is gone.) 820607
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:32 pm

whew, very glad to hear it
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:49 pm

More news. Chelle says Erin is safe too, even though her house is probably not. Erin (edbson) evacuated but her town is under water.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Chelle says thanx for the prayers and love.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Well I am very glad they are both safe. Houses and things as crappy as it is, can be replaced, people can not.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Yes, I too, am glad to hear they/their families are safe.
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:23 pm

ooo... poor Erin! I am glad they are all safe though! I am gonna check out the weather channel soon. It looked bad when i was watching the news with tim in the middle of the night.

just give her our love and that we are thinking of her. *hugs*
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Been watching all morning, was worried about Erin's house. Glad she and Chelle and their families are OK. I appreciate you keeping us in the know Karen, we're still sending prayers.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aurora04 Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm glad they are safe! I've been thinking about them all day.
aurora04
aurora04

Number of posts : 766
Honeycomb : Level 6, Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyM Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Had to come on and check, I've been praying for them since it started...thanks for posting
KellyM
KellyM

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Glad they're ok. Hopefully Erin is able to find out more about her house soon.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:39 pm

It is great of you to post. Thankfully the news is good. Please tell them I am sending my best. Tell Chelle if I have to fly to the game I will make sure her teams so what they are supposed to!
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:08 pm

I sent her your message Pearly. She says she's back home now. Cell reception is hit and miss, and of course no power for her computer. But she and her family are well. I'll post updates as I hear them.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:17 pm

You're wonderful, Karen. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and I am sure Chelle and Erin appreciate too. I am glad she is home too. Cell phone or not, I am sure she feels a lot better being there.
59pearly
59pearly

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Wow really sorry to hear Erin's house may be damaged. Maybe she can get some insurance money to pay for the new house they are already set to build.
Glad to hear chelle is fine.
Thanks so much for the update Karen.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:36 pm

All is still OK. Chelle says they hooked up their generator and have watched a little TV, so not to worry about her missing the game, Pearly. They still have no internet, but they are getting by.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 pm

I didn't get to say thank you earlier but I was here looking for updates after the storm and it was such a relief to see that you had heard from Chelle and Erin and that they are safe. So.. THANK YOU! Wink
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:32 pm

I just got off the phone with Erin. She's at her father's house. Everyone is healthy. No water or electric, though, and not enough room. They are bathing in a pond. But the news on her house is bad. Her neighbor abandoned his house when the water went over the stop signs and was still rising. There were also tornados in the area so it seems likely that they lost their home and everything in it. But I think she has insurance, and she will be getting FEMA help, too. She sounded OK. But she only packed 3 pair of underwear, LOL.

I offered to ask everyone to look through their coupons for high dollar ones for the things that she'll be needing. Cleaning supplies, food, toiletries, diapers and wipes, etc. I figure it'll be easier than trying to send her actual stuff when she doesn't have a place to put it and it would cost a fortune to ship to her. And most of us can easily afford coupons.

She said her DD's place is under water, too and Xander's bedroom suite including a crib that he's never used is probably destroyed. She packed a playpen, a car seat, and a plastic tub of his clothes. The rest is gone. But he's nursing and that has been a Godsend because they don't have to worry about getting clean water and bottles.

So, can everyone look through their coupons with an eye out to what she's likely to need over the next few weeks and months. Remember that she will likely NOT have electic for weeks, so stuff that needs to stay frozen probably won't do her much good right now. But she will need non-perishable food, cleaning supplies, trash bags, storage containers, ZipLoc Big Bags, toiletries, diapers and wipes.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:51 pm

I will look through what I got from chelle and what I held onto for myself. Just PM me an address to mail it all to. I am so sorry for her and her family and the rest of the people! They are in my thoughts. Glad to hear that chelle is safe and sound... I was watching the weather channel earlier and had to turn it, my heart was so broken. I will see also what samples I may be able to send along to help her out. Shampoos, personal toiletries, etc...
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:57 pm

OMG I'm so sorry to hear all of this. This is the post I was hoping to NOT find on the board.
I will put aside everything I can for her.

Hugs and prayers Erin & family.
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:03 pm

Oh how sad! What town do they live in again?
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 pm

OMG her daughter's place, too! This is heartbreaking.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzinalong Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm so glad that they are all safe. I am so sorry Erin and her daughter lost thier houses. But thank God everyone is all right.

Karen I don't have much but I do a few coupons for free items, I have alot of Ziplock Big Bags, and also some sample size deoderants, tooth pastes and such. If you will PM me her address I'll mail them out tommorrow.
bzzinalong
bzzinalong
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 257
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next