Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again.

+6
chelle
Missy
Honey
edbson
tara
thebigscott
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again. Empty Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again.

Post by thebigscott Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 am

http://bluegrassbeat.bloginky.com/2008/09/07/store-could-be-held-liable-for-leaving-child-in-van/
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again. Empty Re: Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again.

Post by tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:41 am

OMG that mother should be locked in a hot f******* van and left there. Stupid bi***. What kind of person says a child in need of help is NOT their responsibility? This is why the world is going to shit. I'm shaking I'm so pissed reading that. She shouldn't have kids. She thought she left it running? What kind of idiot leaves a 3 year old alone in a car running or not? Licenses should be required to breed and stupid people should be castrated right of the bat.

Check out this one....
1-3 years? they think she has suffered enough? I think she should get the death penalty this is not your everyday accident, she knowingly put those babies at risk.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=bfb4dd3e-a8ab-40ef-9df0-af1cc01f059d
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again. Empty Re: Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again.

Post by edbson Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:57 am

People who do things like these should be put under the jail. This is one of the reasons the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:08 am

I just finished reading the article that Tara linked. One to three years is a joke for what she did. One to three years is what you get for abusing an animal. She caused the death of children. That is insane!

You know, THIS is why there are vigilantes and gang violence. People wonder why they should turn someone into the police when they know that all they will get is a slap on the wrist. So they decide to get justice for themselves. Someone rapes your child and your options are going to the police (which means your child has to testify and be brutally cross examined, and the most likely result is a few years in jail at most) or just shoot the bastard yourself. More and more people are deciding to shoot the bastard. And until we start having REAL punishments for serious crimes, that's going to happen more and more. A friend of mine was almost raped a few years ago. She got away, but she had hand shaped bruises on her breasts and wrists. She goes to the police and they won't even go talk to the guy and question him. She told them his name and where he lived and they wouldn't do ANYTHING!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:12 am

I really don't think it is fair to say BB&B is at fault. It sounds like it was 100% the manager at fault. Perhaps the store policy was to not get involved in fights or what not, in the parking lot, but to not call the police for a child is crazy. I wonder how people like that sleep at night (including the parent who did it)???
I also wonder why the man didn't just use his own phone to begin with though? Also they were in the parking lot of what had to be a strip mall, so why not leave that store and run to another store?
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:12 am

Oh you are right on Karen.
I know it varies state to state- I would vote for the first guy or girl who proposed the death penalty for child molesters and rapists. They are the scum of the scum.

Drug offenses here (not dealing... just possession) often have sentences 3 times as harsh as child molesters. These people are the lowest life form, they don't deserve to be allowed to breathe and yet they have the smallest sentences.....
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:12 am

Honey wrote:I really don't think it is fair to say BB&B is at fault. It sounds like it was 100% the manager at fault. Perhaps the store policy was to not get involved in fights or what not, in the parking lot, but to not call the police for a child is crazy. I wonder how people like that sleep at night (including the parent who did it)???
I also wonder why the man didn't just use his own phone to begin with though? Also they were in the parking lot of what had to be a strip mall, so why not leave that store and run to another store?

Not everyone has a cell phone... I know I don't
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:19 am

My goodness!! What is wrong with people? I hear so many stories... I am terrified when I am in the car with Timmy because I am scared of OTHER people that are idiots. I have gotten hit by one of those idiots when I was 21, and I thank goodness the accident wasn't as severe as it could have gotten.

And to leave your child? I have left Timmy in the car before, but he was with my 18 year old (at the time- he will be 21 this year) brother. Who knew that if he needed to, to take Timmy and find me in the store. But I was in and out in a matter of 10 minutes. But to leave him alone? NO! I stopped at the Quick Mart for bread yesterday, I could have run in and left Timmy in the car and been out, but heck no. ANYTHING can happen. So, I took his hand and he came in with me for the 2 minute (if even) purchase.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:21 am

tara wrote:
Honey wrote:I really don't think it is fair to say BB&B is at fault. It sounds like it was 100% the manager at fault. Perhaps the store policy was to not get involved in fights or what not, in the parking lot, but to not call the police for a child is crazy. I wonder how people like that sleep at night (including the parent who did it)???

Not everyone has a cell phone... I know I don't

I thought the article said that was how police were finally called. He got the phone out of his own truck and called.
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 am

I missed that. Sorry
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am

This particular store is the store closest to my home. I have shopped there! The reason they didn't go to another store is that even though it's kind of a strip mall, the stores are separated out by their parking lots. They were trying to get him help as fast as possible. They rushed into the store when they saw the boy and asked to have it announced over the loudspeaker so whoever owned the van could unlock it right, thinking that would get the boy out fastest since they wouldn't have to wait for the police to show up. The child was already unconcious and they were afraid he would die before help got there. The store refused to announce it. Then they asked if they would at least call 911. Again, the store refused. So they rushed back out to their car and found their own cell phone and used that. There are numerous witnesses to all of it and the store manager didn't deny any of it. I can't believe the manager could be so heartless!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:44 am

I can honestly say I would have busted the glass.

My aunt did that about 30 years ago when a dog was left in the car. She went in and tried to call the cops, they were coming but after about 10 minutes she finally just busted the glass.

She got arrested for destruction of property, but the judge dismissed it.

I have old enough kids now that I can run in some places and pay while leaving them in the truck. BUT I am able to leave my truck running. (its a diesel, its actually BETTER to leave them running than to start and stop them every 5 minutes). I never run in to a grocery store, but will run in the insurance place, and throw down my check, or run into the convient store our here at my house and get a drink.

I wont leave Bow or Rayley alone.

and the boys always lock the doors when I get out. I have started taking my key fob with me. They do it to screw with me. LOL yesterday they did it when I forgot my wallet and ran back in the house.

There are even times when I leave BR alone in the car. sometimes with the kids. When I do that I will be gone for a while. Just to screw with him...

But I can NOT imagine leaving ANYONE alone in a turned off vehicle. (although BR has even opted for this instead of going into the beauty salon before...)

I agree tara, child preditors should be given MUCH harsher sentences. And La did have the law where they would get death. Unfortunatly, the supreme court overturned it. Bobby Jingle ( think I spelled that right) is PISSED.

Anyone that has ever gotten in a car in 100 degree heat and had to turn it on should have more sense than to leave any breathing being in it.

There are times when I am alone and run in somwhere and leave the truck running so I dont have to suffer.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Ya know,it is strange you posted this, and I happened to take DD to the Dr today and stop at Target on the way home.

We parked kinda way out in the parking lot, the only place with shade. I was supposed to meet Dh for lunch, and I had tried to call his cell 3 times. All of a sudden we hear Glass breaking, and we turn. I see Dh's shoes sticking out of the rear window of an SUV. I handed Kristin the baby/carseat and ran across the parking lot. Some IDIOT had left a kid approx2, and one approx 6-8 months in their car in the Target/Mall parking lot. They had not been there long, but were hot and sweating alot. Dh had already called the police, and told them he was gonna break the window. The police came, and an ambulance took the kids, after I had checked them out and given them both water, and DD poured water all over them, they said that was the best thing we could have done, to get their temps down.

Dh happened to park next to them, and the little boy happened to tap on the window and smile at dh. When the "mother"( i use that loosely) came out screaming about her Lexus SUV, .well, lets just say the police had to almost restrain me.

SO I have had an interesting day, and I am appalled that anyone would do that in 96 degree heat, or ever really. We have to go this evening and give statements.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:47 pm

ALL SHE CARED ABOUT WAS HER DANG CAR????!??!!

That is appalling!!! Well, I hope she has more to worry about now! That is just awful! AWFUL!

Why I will never shop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond again. 461158
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:18 pm

Ohhhh erin!! what channel will you be on?? I record channel 12 every night (its the only one I can stand), so if you are gona be on 4, or 6, let me know!

and Give your DH a hug for me!! way to go!!

What did the cops say? did they arrest her? call CPS? be sure to get transcripts of the 911 call, and the police reports, incase the dumb bitch tries to bring a civil suit for him breaking the window!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:38 pm

I don't know if it will be on the news, I only spoke to the cops.
She got arrested, the officer said they have 3-5 calls a week from Central mall.
edbson
edbson

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:46 pm

This is insane, a baby and a toddler? these people should be shot. I hope CPS picks up them kids form the hospital and that stupid b**** goes to jail.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Erin that is amazing! We hear these stories all the time and you would assume that everyone would know better than to leave their kids in the car by now. It's crazy and sad.

In the case of bb&b.. I sincerely hope that manager is fired and not just re-trained. Human kindness should tell you what you need to do regardless of whether or not your job might be at risk. I wouldn't have hesitated to bring that mom to the front of the store and held her there after she had gotten her kids out so she could deal with the police. I wouldn't have cared if my job was at stake because of "policy".

We live in a pretty safe town but when I was watching my cousins baby she came over one morning and said she had left the car running with the 11 mos old in the car and she was upset that a lady in the next car got out, watched the baby the whole time she was in the store and kept giving her (the mom) dirty looks.

I told her I do the same thing and would have. I was babysitting for her and even if I was running into the store and would be a mere 5-10 feet away, I took the baby with me. She was amazed. While it's not common we have had people jump into running cars and take off only to find they had also taken an infant.
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amybeccaz Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:26 pm

In Missouri (specifically, Independence) it's against the law to leave a kid in the car, running or not.

A few years ago, a mother left her son in the back seat of her SUV to run into a Mr Goodcents to grab him a pop. A man who was just released from jail THAT day (by accident, of course) saw the mom leave the SUV (which was still running). He got in the SUV, the little boy tried to get out, got caught in his seatbelt, and the guy took off with the little boy dragged to death. Can you say devastating to the mother who witnessed it all?

It was all over the US when it happened... the guy drove about 5 miles, where people finally caused a huge wreck just to get him to stop, w/ the little boy still being dragged w/ the door hanging open. That's what started this "don't leave your kids in the car by themselves" issued and made people REALLY take notice.
amybeccaz
amybeccaz

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.twocuteblondies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:31 pm

I remember that Amy. It was horrific.
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Shocked That's HORRIBLE!
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 pm

I have been getting gas before and watched a friends kid while she ran in, or vice versa, (small town, you know lots of folks) but even here at my house, I wont leave Bow and Rayley alone whie I run in, someonne is usuaaly in te cafe and comes out to talk to them, or the clerk will run out. LOL

of course anytime I leave my truck, I always lock it if its running.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:11 pm

Oh my goodness Amy, that is horrible!!

About a year or two ago, in the Chicago area, a mother ran into a gas station, SUV running, little, 2-3 year old little girl in there. Sure enough, some hoodlums jumped in and took off. They stopped at this one street, took the little girl out and left her. That is sad, but the little girl was found a few hours later. In one of the worst places to be (druggies galore and homeless people stayed along the street that she was left at). But she stayed still until a cop car that drove past spotted her.

I know that sort of thing happens more often than I like to think, that is why I am usually so cautious when taking Timmy with me to the stores. I usually have Tim get gas, or come with if I just need to run someplace. But when that can't be helped, Timmy will be attached to my hip. But with him starting school tomorrow, I will plan most of my errands around his school time.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:49 pm

Oh Erin! Thank God your husband was there and saw them! I am always stunned that people do this. I know it is tempting if you are only going to be gone a moment or two, but I think people forget what they are risking.

And then there are the new parents who are sleep deprived and not used to having a baby at all and just walk away forgetting they're in the car. I was always terrified that I would do that because after every baby I would kind of be in a haze and when they were asleep it was like I was still pregnant and they hadn't been born yet (and I have 4 so you'd think it would only happen on the first). A friend of mine always puts her purse in the back seat on the floor boards when she puts her new baby in his seat so she'll be less likely to accidentally forget him. She says she's used to remembering her purse since she's done that for years. She's not used to the baby since she's only had him a few days (he's older now, but this was right after he's been born).
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:02 am

If I happen to go to town with all my kids, or just with out Bow, I always have a 'EEEK' moment at least once. usually more than once, when I realize I dont have one or more of them.

But I have always been afraid of that too Karen. Especially when I am getting groceries out, kids in, trying to find them all. I catch myself CONSTANTLY countng heads. Or opening the back door even when I dont have Bow and Rayley. LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next