Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leap Frog sucks

+2
thebigscott
tara
6 posters

Go down

Leap Frog sucks Empty Leap Frog sucks

Post by tara Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:23 pm

I am so disappointed in Leap Frog. I have always liked their products... and my kids do too, lol. I placed an order on the website because they had books to go with with the read and write leap pad I got Saige for Christmas a while back (it was 9.99 at Aldi's) on sale for 3.99. I also got a couple other things, figured made sense to do it all at once and combine shipping.

The website itself was very less than impressive, the books did not specify on the site exactly which leap pads they would and would not work with. I didn't think about it until they came and I saw the covers. I had to call to be sure they would be compatible because the cases themselves said only compatible with..... something I think should be made clear BEFORE you order. It took over ten minuted for the woman for whom it was very obvious English was NOT her first language, perhaps not even her second or third.... ( I hate having to translate when I have a problem... and overseas jobs.... big strike for them in my book) So after ten minutes of trying to get her to understand that all I wanted to know is whether or not the damn books would work.... she kept telling me to open them (therefore making them un-returnable)

So as I am on the phone with her I notice the phonics set I got was in Spanish.... a quick look at my original invoice makes no mention of Spanish yet the packing slip was very clear it was not English. If I understood the woman correctly (but who knows) they gave it to me a replacement for teh one I ordered ebing out of stock. I don't know because the one I ordered has disappeared from the website. Um does that make sense? Would you not think they should perhaps check with someone placing an order in one language if they would even be interested in a replacement for a different language? They do not exchange I would have to return it on my dime for shipping.... I was annoyed before.... then I went to the Post Office this morning and found out it would cost just under 12 to return it! and Leapfrog says I have to pay to ship back for what they screwed up? The entire return credit after tax would have been 17 and some change..... um no. My poor kids.... the companies I am willing to support are becoming few and far, from now on I think I will be calling customer service BEFORE I buy anything so can avoid buying anything that may cause me the aggravation later on.
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Leap Frog sucks Empty Re: Leap Frog sucks

Post by thebigscott Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Tara, if you ordered using a credit card, you may be able to use their warantee. A lot of cards automatically give you some protection.
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:00 pm

That stinks. And reminds me to call V-tech. My son got one of those systems for Christmas and now it won't even turn on.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:11 pm

I was very pleased with V-techs CS Missy.... that was over a year ago though. My V-Smile did the same thing, we reset it while I was on teh phone with them and didn't have a problem afterwards. I don't remember how though.... let me know how it goes

Karen.... no I didn't. Sure wish I had now though.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:15 pm

tara wrote:I was very pleased with V-techs CS Missy.... that was over a year ago though. My V-Smile did the same thing, we reset it while I was on teh phone with them and didn't have a problem afterwards. I don't remember how though.... let me know how it goes

Karen.... no I didn't. Sure wish I had now though.

So cool. They were VERY nice, understanding with my trying to tell Timmy to wait, while I did what they said. I explained that I did everything I could without having to call. Followed troubleshooting in the manual and online, but there was one thing I never thought to do, rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. He apologized, but I understand why they would not put that in the books. Some people might get excessive with it. He explained it just needs to be cleaned once a month or so. Well, Timmy is playing his Backyardigans game, and is soooo happy. lol He told me to get out of his room and go on my computer. lol But first he had to give me a BIG hug to thank me for fixing it. It has not been working for so long, and I kept forgetting to call. Glad I did.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:34 pm

that I did remember.... I do it all the time since it is not unusual to have to clean Rylan slobber off of them, lol.

I'm glad they were helpful! That kind of service makes me far more inclined to purchase more from them. I have had great experiences with both playskool and Hasbro games (I think they are one in the same) as well.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:13 pm

We have had Leap pads in the past, and frankly, they are not made for kids. They don't tell you tha annot push the pen down on the paper. It has to "glide smothly just above the words". My kids are not able or willing to do that.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:23 pm

This is our first and last one.
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:27 pm

edbson wrote:We have had Leap pads in the past, and frankly, they are not made for kids. They don't tell you tha annot push the pen down on the paper. It has to "glide smothly just above the words". My kids are not able or willing to do that.

Timmy got one for Christmas (spoiled little boy, lol) but I do not feel he is old enough yet to not damage it. I took the games back and got him one for the system he is able to play, but held onto the pad for maybe next year.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:34 pm

my kids had them, and never used them. Honestly, they could have cared less, and it was too complicated with all the push here and touch the pen there. Maybe they were too young for them, but now at 8 and 9, they are too old.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Sorry you had such a time with them! I love good customer service.

We got Katie a leap pad when she was 4-5 and loved it! We got the original version since it was on sale at walmart for $15 or something like that. The only problem we ever had was the cord on the pen wore out. (she used it EVERY night). I did go online and bought a replacement and found a ton of leap pad books on sale. I remember having to call because the site was really slow and the lady I got was very nice and not from out of the country. Sad to see they are going that way.

We also had baby tad and he was very loved. I tried to replace him last year when he wore out (he was that loved) but they only have the spanish version and no longer make the english version. That kind of annoyed me.
Connie
Connie
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:52 pm

We do have a baby tad and a baby lily, tad is bilingual.
I LOVE the word whammer... that was why I wanted the phonics set, because we have lost some letters along the way and they are suppose to interchangeable.... just not spanish to english. Rylan has a caterpillar thing in his crib that he adores.

I think she will like the leap pad... she loves to practice writing and she really liked the little touch leappad, but she has outgrown it. I wont refuse Leap Frog gifts but I myself will no longer buy their products. At the very least they could have offered to pick up the shipping or given me back the credit or a partial credit towards another order but not so much as a thank you.... than again maybe the chicks English courses have not covered sorry yet. I didn't ask where she was... I should have I remember thinking how nice that the original message was press numeral uno for... instead of press one for English... my happiness ended there. LOL
tara
tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down