Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you ever look in the mirror and wonder how did I get to this age??

+5
chelle
edbson
BeachyBum
mrschia
Sharon
9 posters

Go down

Did you ever look in the mirror and wonder how did I get to this age?? Empty Did you ever look in the mirror and wonder how did I get to this age??

Post by Sharon Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 am

I just joined classmates.com and bought a year membership and most of my class mates from 1986 are on there which is neat-But the sad thing is I remember names(somewhat) but can't picture a face..I just turned 40 a few weeks ago and I think it really hit me my 30's are over(WAHHHHHH) !!!!! I said to my husband when did I grow up? He laughed and said when you traded in the sports car for the mini van......
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Did you ever look in the mirror and wonder how did I get to this age?? Empty Re: Did you ever look in the mirror and wonder how did I get to this age??

Post by mrschia Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:19 am

OMG, I so understand and I turn 41 in October....... same thing on facebook last month. Glad it is just not me.
mrschia
mrschia
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 670
Honeycomb : Level 6~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Did you ever look in the mirror and wonder how did I get to this age?? Empty Re: Did you ever look in the mirror and wonder how did I get to this age??

Post by BeachyBum Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:58 am

In my mind I'm still 24!

A lot of the people I went to school with still live here, and I've seen them now and again. Somehow when you see those people, it's like you never grew up.

Of course, this is Florida, and I graduated in 1987, so yeah, most of us are wrinkled!

I'm still going with 'Age is just a state of mind'!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:07 am

I turned 38 tuesday, and I totally understand. Although I don't FEEL 38, I am...and I have to accept that.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:43 am

I live in a small town and still see many of the people I went to school with (including my husband (3 years older) and my Brother in law, who is my age, and a sister in law, we all graduated together) so I on a daily basis am faced with looking at all of them and thinking 'gee, they look old"... LOL
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:49 am

What really hits home is when you are registering on line and you get to the section that states - year of birth - good lord, I keep scrolling, scrolling, and scrolling. Yikes!
trax
trax
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 am

I turned 50 last month. I belong to a board where everyone is turning 50 this year. They are all people I went to grade school with, so I have known them all my whole life. Some have aged really well, but others have not. The ones who have not aged as well, are also the ones with lots of health issues. That is the scary part to me. Lucky for me, I am in the group who has aged pretty well, however it is still a shock to look at me in pictures where I was 20 something. I really see how old I look then!!!
Honey
Honey

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:11 am

trax wrote:What really hits home is when you are registering on line and you get to the section that states - year of birth - good lord, I keep scrolling, scrolling, and scrolling. Yikes!

OMG! I know! I'm not that old and already I feel like I scroll forever. I keep thinking there CAN'T be that many years since I was born.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:23 am

Glad to know (LOL) I am not the only who feels this was!!
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:50 am

What's a mirror? tongue
Lucky
Lucky

Number of posts : 1488
Honeycomb : 6 infinity
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum