Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wish it had been just a movie

+4
BeachyBum
chelle
thebigscott
59pearly
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I wish it had been just a movie - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish it had been just a movie

Post by 59pearly Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Your kids are so funny! I love that. And the fact that you reaffirmed your love for them... You're too much! BTW, what do you think of the Texans? My Houston cousin's wife is crazy over them@

Last edited by 59pearly on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cause I forgot to mention the Texans...)
59pearly
59pearly
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 848
Honeycomb : Level 6 Sweet Bee - Need 13 honeycombs for next key. Sigh.
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://acommonstreetpeddler.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I wish it had been just a movie - Page 2 Empty Re: I wish it had been just a movie

Post by 59pearly Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:36 pm

Whoops, Karen, I didn't see your post! That is hilarious!
I just emailed a PD friend and asked her what the proper way of finding out info is... She's pretty straight forward and will tell me what to do or if I can do it.
59pearly
59pearly

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 pm

I have been doing pretty good. This pot is for the ELITE! LOL A guy here in town runs it, He worked at the hotel I used to work at 15 years ago. Back then I told him I wanted in. He told me he would holler when he got a spot open. I quit that job and didnt think about it again. THEN 3 years ago he called me. someone had died, did I want in? (a big wig in town) I told him YES! LOL its like 200.00 for the year, you get 3 games a week. or maybe 4... anyway, its set up on a grid, you keep the same squares for your whole life. and the numbers change for each game. You win 25.00 a quarter. if your numbers match.

He told me a few years ago that someone wanted to buy my spot. Offered me 500.00. I told them HELL NO. I have averaged winning 400.00-600.00 a year, (before I pay for it. so I bring home 200.00-400.00.)

Seriously, its all the big wigs in town. its funny to see my hick name beside the high rollers (small town, everyone knows everyone)
ANd the great thing is, I dont have to pay him. I live so far out, and dont work in town that he tells me that he doesnt want to chase me down every week to pay me off, so he just puts my first 200.00 towards my tab, and then calls me when I hit 50.00 to come by his house and get "BR's" money. LOL

He called yesterday and BR answered, He asked him if he was gona let me play this year. BR told him 'of course' and he said, "do you know how much she has won?" Br told him "probebly not" and Arthur told him "thats about right... I'll make you a deal, I'll save half her winnings for you."

They both know I'll kill them and tell GOd they died.. Wink

As far as the TExans, I tried to watch them the first year. But they kept playing them at the same time as the 'boys. So I couldnt keep up. and couldnt remember who was who and what they were doing. I just quit trying. And, to be honest, being a Dallas fan is kinda... ingrained. LOL

I did get to go to a game last year. My first ever. A friends husband works on a drilling rig and was given tickets but they couldnt go. they offered them to me. I got a phone call while I was at the school. I started freaking out. Jumping up and down. So I called BR. He had just started a new job and He didnt want to ask off. And it was THAT next day. We had to drive 4 hours to get the tickets, then drive back to Dallas another 5 hours. Then would have to drive 4 back home.

BR was telling his boss about it when he went to work that night, and his boss couldnt belive he wasnt taking me. He told him to take off, and take me! So he did Smile
actually he RODE with me. I did all the driving. (and DAMN will my truck drive.. I never drive more than 20 miles in it.. ) He slept. Sadly it was the night the Saints beat them. But I still had a blast. It was amazing. BR enjoyed the cheerleaders.. LOL He isnt as big a fan as I am. wasnt one at all when he met me. But after 16 years he is finally starting to ask "how are we doing tonight" instead of "did the idiots loose again?" And he even asked if I had set the DVR yet and when I said no he set it for me yesterday.
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 pm

ACK!! didnt mean to write a book!!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:08 pm

I enjoyed that immensely! Wow, tickets huh? That's great, something that can't be beat. I bet I would be the hog's knees if I got Cowboys tickets. We are thinking of going up Frisco way for a weekend to take in the Raiders. Hey, we're loyal, okay? lol.

You've got quite a deal going with the pot. I don't blame you for keeping it. Your husband's boss is so cool but Texas men are like that, aren't they? Speaking of Texas, when I was there the last time, it seemed like everybody I met was a transplant and there wasn't a drawl to be found anywhere, ha ha.

So we will have to start our own football thread, huh?

Go get'em Chelle!
59pearly
59pearly

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:03 am

I am SOOO for the football thread Wink LOL

And your right, lots of folks coming in, and the TV is influencing quite a few of the younger generation. One of my cousins told me a few years ago that I needed to move to Houston for a whle to learn to talk so I didnt sound like a hick.

I just smiled and told her that there was a differnce in sounding like a hick and having an endearing accent. She didnt get it, but she was young Wink

Its funny, I can hear someone on TV and damn near always pick them out if they are from Texas. not every Texan, but if they still hold an accent. I guess I am so used to it that I dont see it here at home, but I do notice when folks dont talk right Wink

Now I do have people point out that I am country as cornbread. BR is the worlds worst. LOL But I am around old folks all the time, so I tend to not have alot of outside influence. Smile

And yea, BR's boss is pretty cool, of course a few weeks later he went to a Texans game.

OH and I forgot to add that I had to go to work the day after the game. I got home with 3 hours to spare before I had to open the store I worked at. I litelry slept in my clothes and then went to work. It didnt help that I was wearing my new Cowboys hoodie (that is now too small... I want another one. Sad ) and the FIRST person that came in was an ex boyfriend that is a Saints fan. LOL Luckily he is still kinda scared of me Wink

What do you do on the internet? is it a fantasy football thing? I have never quite fiqured that out. But it looks fun. ROy would be on mine for SURE! LOL
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:12 am

I totally missed this post with all the evacuating and baby birthing.

If we hear a siren it is odd, everyone goes outside to look. It is so quiet here i can hear the neighbors..well, I can hear the neighbors.
I dislike football intensely, and have convinced dh that the ball going across the tv will break it.

When I was little, about 10 or so my Grandmothers neighbors were murdered in their home. Being a kid, I was curious and some of the neighbor boys and I went to "look", well they lifted me to the bathroom window and I saw everything. It was horrible, and to this day I have never looked in another bathroom window.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 59pearly Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 am

Okay, let's do the thread. Give it fierce title, lol. At the Yale University survey site, they started a pool to test football fans. At first, I was a little skeered of it because I didn't remember signing on with them. But then I did so it started with Thursday's game. Old Eli did so good!

Get some Mod Podge and paint it on the hoodie. Let it stiffen and then hang it somewhere.

I have to admit, although I am loyal to the Raiders, there are others I certainly do root for. Into college ball too. I make everybody open their beers with the USC can opener so I can hear the song. I have my quirks...

Erin, geez, I bet that scared the daylights out of you! I'm not a looky-loo either but this one was so intense and so close, I just want to know.
59pearly
59pearly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2