Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My day in a nutshell

+5
BeachyBum
hkh9832
thebigscott
Missy
edbson
9 posters

Go down

My day in a nutshell Empty My day in a nutshell

Post by edbson Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:23 am

SO dh and I went "house looking", we have totally outgrown this house, and it is time to buy or build another. We looked at 46565856 manufactured home, found 3 we liked, and talk about zoning etc. We also looked at 3 modular homes, found out alot about them. We talked to 2 builders, we loked at zillions of plans, even though we had an idea of what we wanted. I wa honestly shocked at some of the cost, but...oh well......
We got home, dh was struck with what I am assuming is food poisoning, who knows. I took Bay shoe shopping, and miracle of all miracles she was not being an ass. She actually picked out 2 pairs withpout me having to threaten her with bodily harm....."tweens" are SO much fun. WHile we were out we stopped at Wal mart, it was raining like crazy, started as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, but we were there so we ran. As we are running across the parking lot Bay starts singing" SOmebody dropped some money", And I am like huh? She said , back there, someone dropped alot of money..she did not think to pick it up. I said Go back and pick it up, and she did. I said How much is it? She says "Eight of them" , and hands it to me. I looked around, did not see anyone near us, so I stuck it in my pocket. Finders keepers and all that.
We got our stuff, then went to the grocery store. After we got home I was taking off my wet shorts, since I had to wade to the car and I felt something in the pocket. I took it out, it was the was of wet money, $80 freakin dollars. I assumed when Bnut said eight of them she meant ones.....but nope, it was tens. I split it with her.....LOL
SO, I went grocery shopping, saved $62 with coupons( total was 114.06, after coupons was 52.02), spent $40 on shoes, and still made $$$
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

My day in a nutshell Empty Re: My day in a nutshell

Post by Missy Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 am

Awesome! I have found money, but not that much!
Missy
Missy
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:54 am

WOW! I'd have been freakin' out!

Too bad for the person who lost it. Sad Maybe they were stinkin' rich and it was just pocket change.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hkh9832 Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:13 am

Once I found 60 bucks in my yard. Seriously. I had got up early one Sunday and was going shopping with my mom. 3 twenty dollar bills were just sitting on the lawn. Not sure how they got there.
hkh9832
hkh9832
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:35 am

My son's puppy once brought me a $5 bill. Just came running up and dropped it at my feet.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:14 am

I found $50 IN the ocean at the beach once ..... just floating along. lol
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:16 am

Man I want to find money, lol. the closest I come is my own change in the washer.
Awesome Erin, sucks for the guy who lost it ( I ass- ume it was a guy because my hubby loses money like that- the reason he isn't allowed more than 5, 10 at a time) but super for you!
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:58 am

tara wrote:Man I want to find money, lol. the closest I come is my own change in the washer.
Awesome Erin, sucks for the guy who lost it ( I ass- ume it was a guy because my hubby loses money like that- the reason he isn't allowed more than 5, 10 at a time) but super for you!

Same here! And mine has to have a wallet chain. I can't believe how many gas stations laid claim to my hubby's wallet. But no losses since getting one on a chain. lol
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by hkh9832 Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:17 pm

tara wrote:Man I want to find money, lol. the closest I come is my own change in the washer.

I normally just find change, so finding as much as I did was exciting. Although, over the course of a week, I once found enough change to go to the "cheap movies". That was cool too.
hkh9832
hkh9832
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:17 pm

The most I have found was around $50 and the same situation. I had just come out of kmart and I always leave my purse open and had my money sitting on top. It was windy and just as I got to the car a bunch of money was blowing around me. I assumed it was my own money but then realized it was a lot more money than I had in my purse. I was a single mom and down to my last 10 or so dollars. I looked all around the parking lot for someone frantically chasing their money but I was the only one in the parking lot.

This was years ago and the funny thing is I was telling my mom the story just a week or so ago and she said it must have been my stepdad in Heaven knowing that I needed some money. When he was alive he used to always slip me a $50 and it used to crack me up because my mom would turn around and do the same thing and of course they were both saying "don't tell the other one".. lol
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:41 pm

One time, in Dec., as I was walking into Walmart, I looked down and found $10. Looked around, hmmm, no one looking on the floor for money, so stuck it in my pocket.

As I left, the Salvation Army bell ringer was cold and ringing to beat the band... I thought for about 10 seconds, and said, "hell, I didn't have an extra 10 when I came in, so won't miss it, and dropped it in the bucket. Would have been nice to have an extra 10 to just blow, but figured, there was a reason for my finding it, and there were people who really needed it.

I don't mean to imply you that kept it shouldn't have... God knows you needed it, but I didn't, so I did what made me feel good (just sorry for the poor soul who lost it)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:54 pm

Last time I found money it was on the floor at walmart in a bank envelope. I dont know why I picked it up, but I did. it was just barely visable under the edge of the endcap.

I was christmas shopping and had very little money. it was the week before christmas and I was spending 20.00 on each kid. That was IT.

and that was money I went to a loan place to get. my checking account was going to be overdrawn before the 25th even got there, much less the 30th when we got paid again.

it was 400.00

I took it to my friend that worked at the bank and she said she would hold it for ONE day, if it wasnt claimed it was mine.

( I trusted her) it was claimed hours later and she told me that the person that claimed it REALLY needed it. I was so happy that I had found it and not someone else. Smile

Now, that being said, I NEVER hand cash over to a clerk. EVER. I might tell customer service if I found money and give them my number and allow someone to call and claim it. OR I will take a large sum to the bank, and give it to someone I trust. I wouldnt keep a wallet/purse. I make every effort to find the owner. then if I cant or feel more comfertable doing it I will take it to the PO and have it inventoried. when I find crack on the floor I dump it on the ground and then pour water over it. I do put a penny, nickle or quarter or a few bills in my pocket. and if I see someone drop money I let them know.

Sounds like you had a good day erin, all in all. I know how hard it is to look at houses, and decide, and deal with hubby. I made a list of EVERYTHING I HAD to have. then what I wanted, then what I thought was neat, cute, or would settle for. THEN I listed each house as I went and checked off what they had. I didnt do this on the first 8 trips to see houses. just the last 4.

THen I went pee and my lists went out the window when BR picked a house that didnt meet ANY of those needs. no room for a second fridge or even a freezer, no place to put my christmas tree, no decent laundry room, and you have to walk INTO the bathroom to get to the closet. those were my MUST HAVES/ deal killers.

I have none of those things..
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:07 pm

Wow, Chelle. I would have been SO tempted. But it was the right thing to do. I have both found money and lost money, and the losing is rough. $400 would HURT to lose. At least for me. I suppose there are people who'd never even notice.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content