Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Few Weeks of Summer

+11
Starrlyte
bizzeedee
chelle
Sharon
idatater46
Missy
thebigscott
valerie
tegansmom
KellyM
Rebecca1340
15 posters

Go down

Last Few Weeks of Summer Empty Last Few Weeks of Summer

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:36 pm

So what are you doing with them? School doesn't start here until the day after Labour Day, but I've been trying to make sure I have everything Devon needs so I'm not scrambling the night before. We also took a trip to the Waterloo Children's Museum (big let down!) and I took Devon on a train ride he's been wanting to go on all summer yesterday. In a week and a half we'll be off to Waterloo county again to visit my mother in law's house. My husband's twin brother and his family are going to be visiting from Edmonton (far, far away!) so we want to see them. Next week is one more week of swimming lessons, then just hang out and try to get some yard work done until Dev starts school.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Last Few Weeks of Summer Empty Re: Last Few Weeks of Summer

Post by KellyM Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:56 pm

School started here today....
KellyM
KellyM
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 2887
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tegansmom Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:20 pm

School starts next Tuesday for my kids.

We're sending Summer off with a bang for sure! We went golfing on Monday, swim park yesterday, and roller skating today! I'm trying to figure out what to do tomorrow. I just may have to take them to the museum or something..... I don't know. But Friday, I think we're going on a 15 mile bike ride. (Yes, I have very active kids!)

My house is suffering for all this fun.... it's chaotic around here. But I figure next week I can make it up. Let the kids have fun I say!
tegansmom
tegansmom
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 834
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by valerie Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:49 pm

I pick up my bus on Sept 2, have an inservice Sept 3( Rolling Eyes ) and the kids go back on Sept 4.

So for the next few week I am going to do as little as I can get away with. Laughing
valerie
valerie

Number of posts : 680
Honeycomb : Level 6 Finally there!!
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Scott started the new teaching job this week, with his first day in class with the students today. Zaven and Caly start in the morning. I'm just trying to get life back on track after all the chaos of the summer camps, trips, and activities. I'd like to take them swimming one last time before it's all over, but other than that, I'm just trying to get the house back in order, the dishes clean, and the laundry from overflowing. It's not working, but I'm trying.

Oh, and today I took Caly to the dentist and to get a shot. Zoe goes to the dentist tomorrow morning and Zaven will have shots tomorrow afternoon. Nothing like a little pain to help you appreciate going to school!
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:43 pm

this weekend we are taking the train to go see a friend for the day. Going to go see the new Star Wars movie. :-D

Then we are going to hit up one county fair, just have to see what is going on next weekend, who is having it where. I want to take Timmy to the beach soon. We yet to go swimming thi summer. I am thinking maybe Friday taking him.

He starts September 11th, so the next few weeks will consist of school shopping.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by idatater46 Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:34 am

School begins here around the 22 I think- its earlier than usual. I cannot believe that summer is almost gone- where did t go? I am not going to be ready for fall yet. Most of my garden is just getting good since we had such a late spring.
idatater46
idatater46

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:39 am

School starts here on 8/27 not ready for summer to end--Makes me sick to see Halloween items in the stores already!
Sharon
Sharon
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 319
Honeycomb : level 6 -1 gold keys
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:17 am

I am getting ready:

Tuesday the 14th, going to the elemetary school (both the boys are in this school this year YEE-HAW!! its so nice to only be in ONE school! Next year I will be stretched between 3. ) at 10 am for my PTA meeting, and to put together the pre pack school supplies the PTA is selling
1:30 Elementary yearbook meeting.
THEN at 3pm I go to the Primary school (the school Matt just left and Rayley goes to next year) for a District wide board meeting for the PTA . Its the first meeting ever. And I have to conduct it, sicne I wrote the bylaws, Public speaking is NOT my forte..

Monday, 18th I go back to town for a PTA meeting at the primary school ( the one Matt just left and Rayley goes to next year) I am on that board, and in charge of their yearbook.

I also have to finalize the T shirts for that school, and meet with the yearbook company rep sometime during the week, for both schools.

Thursday 21, Open House at all the schools, but I will be working the ELemtary school. I will be there all day, handing out and selling Pre packs, T shirts and begging for volunteers

Monday 25th. SCHOOL STARTS!!

The kids supplies are bought, their clothes are sorted and ready, and they are almost back to a normal sleep routine.

All I have left is haircuts (the get them about every 2 weeks anyway), and to buy lunch stuff. ( oh crap, and lunch sacks!!)
For them anyway.

I am almost done with all of my 'summer' duites for the differnt commitees I am on. And a few havent started yet. I do have to get those T shirts done and get yearbook started, but the rest can wait for a week or 3 Smile
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 am

School started in my podunk town on Aug 2nd... of course, our kids get out the 2nd week in May.
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Chelle, your school year sounds like my summer.

One thing that's great about our school is that it goes from preschool to 12th grade in the same building. The drop off and pick up times are different because the don't have enough buses to do all 14 grades at once, but the building is the same. So if Quinn starts preschool as a three year old, I will have one in high school, one in middle school, one in elementary school and one in preschool... all in the same building. Of course, he'll probably start when he's 4 and Caly would be out of middle school and in high. But it's a fun idea.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrlyte Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Heck! I totally forgot I needed to buy lunch sacks! We bought them good backpacks last year, so we don't need to do that. We went to Hershey this week for rides and fun. Next weekend is Logan's birthday party, they start school on the 25th. Next week they have back to school night on the 19th for 7-8th grade, back to school during the day for the 5th-6th grade that are just moving up to the middle school on the 20th, the bus will pick them up and drop them off for an abbreviated day. Wednesday night is back to school for the parents there. Thursday night is for my 3rd grader. They also have a dentist appointment on the 18th, all 3 of them. I'll also need to get their hairs cut, and all this while running them around to various sporting activities and preparing for mine and my husband's families to descend on our humble abode! Geesh! Very Happy
Starrlyte
Starrlyte
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 349
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bzzinalong Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:46 pm

School started here August 7th.
bzzinalong
bzzinalong
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 257
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:14 pm

I am so excited. If the weather agrees with us, we are going to the beach near WI tomarrow! =) I have yet to do swimming yet this summer.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angroo Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:01 pm

My daughter Olivia has another test day then on Aug 25th she starts going everyday full day Kinder

Angroo
Bzzing
Bzzing

Number of posts : 44
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Connie Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:23 pm

School starts the 25th for us. I have to work this coming weekend. Blech. The last two weekends (or weeks) we have had family reunions, family in town and a wedding out of town so it's been hectic. Still, trying to fit in as much fun as possible, so we have been going to the parks and the last weekend JUST before school Im hoping we can finally get a camping trip in.

Here, the last two years the kids buy supplies and everything gets dumped into bins for sharing. So, I have bought Katie every Hannah Montana pen and pencil set, glue, pencil bags, erasers, etc. and THEN I remembered the sharing thing so now I have to go buy all the supplies in generic form for the share bins so she can have her Hannah stuff... here I thought we were done.. {yeah I know she is SPOILED rotten but she is the last one)
Connie
Connie

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.katieshugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Mine start the 25th, have to get Bayley's clothes in order this weekend. She has Orientation on Tuesday, Middle school does it at 8 AM Sad.
As far as the rest of the summer, we are doing nothing.....just waiting for DD to pop a baby.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down