Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not for the timid

+10
aundrea2u
Honey
chelle
kath
bizzeedee
tara
trax
edbson
thebigscott
59pearly
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Not for the timid - Page 2 Empty Re: Not for the timid

Post by Honey Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:53 pm

I think it is easy to question why no one helped. However, none of us were there and the man was crazy. It may sound like he could have been shot, had someone had a gun, but it may not have been possible. The reports also say the other passengers were in shock, some even throwing up from the horror of it all. So lets not judge anyone for not acting, please.
Honey
Honey
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 1859
Honeycomb : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:27 pm

I saw a clip of one of the other passengers being interviewed. He was a young man, mid twenties, former military and one of the ones who helped prevent the killer from getting off the bus. He said that he'd been in the seat directly in front of them and tried to get his seatmate who was a big man to help him stop the killer, but his seatmate ran and he was to frightened to try to stop the killer unarmed and on his own. If it were me, I would probably have run, too. And even if they had been able to stop him, the victim would probably have died since he had been stabbed two or three times with a large hunting knife before anyone realized what was going on.

I feel so bad for the victim's family, but I also feel for the killer's family. They must be horrified and distraught wishing they could have prevented it.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:33 pm

affraid
Maggie
Maggie

Number of posts : 1181
Honeycomb : Level 6, 1 Golden Key
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://moneyandfreebies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:36 pm

edbson wrote:What I don't understand is how those people could have run away and juts did nothing. Canada doesn't have concealed handgun laws do they? In the US someone would have busted one off in that guy and it would have been over with.
There are nuts all over, and if people don't protect themselves it's just gonna get worse.
No, you can't carry around a handgun here. My understanding is that you need a license for any kind of firearm possession and all guns are registered, but to be honest I've never looked into getting a firearm so I'm not really clear on the gun laws here. I would imagine that the guy was dead after the first stab wound -- the killer was going for his neck from the start. I bet a lot of the passengers were elderly, students, or just plain freaking out too. I think it actually might have been easier for them to deal with if the killer was in some kind of rage or if there had been a fight instead of just blankly stabbing the guy. I kind of wonder what would have happened if they hadn't managed to keep the killer on the bus until the RCMP arrived -- sounds like he might have gone after more people.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Number of posts : 6118
Honeycomb : Slowly sinking deeper into the Abyss

http://bzzz.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:44 pm

Yes, in Canada you do require a license to have in your possession a firearm. However, if you are with the angels or the organized crime wing - anything goes. affraid
trax
trax

Number of posts : 1470
Honeycomb : In Hold Mode - Level 6
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 pm

True, there are those that choose to ignore the gun laws. I doubt I'd stand much of a chance against them if I was able to fire back anyway though! Not for the timid - Page 2 88315
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:40 pm

It has just come to my attention that I have some friends that knew the victim! What a small small world. I feel so sorry for the victim and his family and friends.
Missy
Missy

Number of posts : 2031
Honeycomb : Level 6- The Abyss
Registration date : 2008-04-25

http://www.cafemom.com/home/missmissy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 pm

THis makes me all the more Thankful for our gun laws. Granted they might not have stopped him from killing the kid, but its a miracle that noone else was hurt. not sure about up there, but here the lunitc could claim insantity, get some 'help' and be free in 10 years..
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Funny thing about it is that it makes me more thankful for our gun laws! Luckily with our justice system he probably will probably take at least 3 years for the case to come to trial and then it will drag on forever Not for the timid - Page 2 88315
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:20 pm

Enters the realm of, PETA. I am of the opinion to do this type of advertising when a son, a young boy has been slain. It is a disgrace.
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Huh? I am lost again
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Me, too.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm

PETA used this incident and made some advertisement with reference to the slaughter of animals. I did not mean to lose you, apologies, I should have explained further.
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca1340 Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:59 pm

PETA have really stooped to a new low in their ad mentioning the vitctim. I'm also shocked that a church group (possibly a cult from what I have read) from Kansas plan to protest the funeral saying that the guy deserved to die and that Canada is damned. I'm not sure how protesting a funeral will save us, but so far the border guards have stopped some of them from entering the country.
Rebecca1340
Rebecca1340
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by edbson Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:18 pm

I think they should let the family mourn in peace, By all accounts that kid was not bothering anyone, minding his own business, and was a GOOD kid to begin with. NOONE deserves to die that way. I am not a huge fan of PETA, I mean I like animals and all that but they go to extremes.
edbson
edbson

Number of posts : 5916
Honeycomb : Level 6~ the abyss,
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:34 pm

I'll be honest, I think PETA or as I like to call them PITA, are awful. If you actually ever sat down and really heard what their whole agenda is you'd be appaled. And for them to use this for their own gain... That just shows what absolute .... zealots they are. Its scary.

Rebecca, if its the same group thats been protesting all of our fallen hero's funerals, I hope the boarder guards accidently run them over. or arrest them or something. Although you might get lucky, we have a gang of bikers that tries to follow them around, and blocks them from going near the families. They are wonderful. They just stand there and wont let the idiots near the families.

I swear, anyone that would use such a travesty for their own agenda needs to be shot. several times.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:29 am

I agree with you Chelle. Shot several times.

PETA bothers me because they are so zealous about it (I don't trust zealots in general, no matter what their cause) and they also go on about fur and leather, but seem to think a nice alternative is to make fake plastic leather using lots of chemicals which will poison the local wildlife. Not that making leather doesn't involve chemicals, but that they don't think it through. Personally, you'll never convince me that a tree is less alive, less aware than an animal. You must eat to live. You must kill something to eat. Plant or animal, something suffers and dies so that we may live. I much prefer that people simply try to not cause pain, not kill and waste the meat, and generally try to live a more sustainable lifestyle. I don't like animals to suffer, but I will eat them and use any part of them that I can and be grateful for the opportunity.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:31 am

so people are saying that this young man deserved to die?!?!? How would they feel if it was one of their family members? Or one of thier close friends that one day was taking the bus to visit them, or to a new job to better himself, and while he/she napped on the bus, got murdered for NO REASON?!?! Some people just make me sick.

If anyone should be prosecuted is the guy wielding the weapon. He is being made out to be a hero or a matyr to those groups, and that is just wrong.

I have not been following the news, so I have not heard all of these allegations and statements. I think that when I get a chance in the next day or so, I will read up on it.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:27 am

I agree Karen. and Missy, there are some idiots out there for sure.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by trax Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:41 am

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/08/08/westboro-protest.html
trax
trax

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:27 am

disgusting
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:24 pm

The group intends to picket the funeral of 22-year-old Tim McLean to tell Canadians his slaying on July 30 was God's response to Canadian policies enabling abortion, homosexuality and divorce and remarriage.

ARE THEY FOR REAL???????? A young man who may have never had to deal with ANY of that? America enables all of that! There are some really *&$# people in this world. Who has brainwashed these people to think that?!?!? I feel sooo sorry for the family. This is all over the news, there are blogs, groups, talks about this all over the internet, and now the family has to deal with some psycotic (spelling) church goers that think they can go to his funeral to picket what?? This will not change anything!! Doesn't the bible say, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone?" Those people, I am very sure, should not be attempting to pick up stones.

And there is a vote off to the side of the article that trax has listed, and as of the time I voted, 63 people say that they should be allowed into Canada. Maybe AFTER the funeral... and no where near the victims family. But IMHO, if this church wants to make any changes, they should worry about what is going around thier home first. Leave this family to grieve in peace.

I want to cry so bad for this family.
Missy
Missy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggins Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Rebecca1340 wrote:PETA have really stooped to a new low in their ad mentioning the vitctim. I'm also shocked that a church group (possibly a cult from what I have read) from Kansas plan to protest the funeral saying that the guy deserved to die and that Canada is damned. I'm not sure how protesting a funeral will save us, but so far the border guards have stopped some of them from entering the country.

As if the completely tasteless and ill advised recent PETA ad campaign wasn't bad enough! They lost any credibility they may have had with me.

Are these not the same, or very similar, low life/idiot/whack job/nut bar/looneytoons who show up at the funerals of US service men/women who have recently died in Iraq (and other current conflict zones)?

I read that some had been turned back at our mutual border but some may have gotten through. I think they should be blacklisted and never be allowed to enter to be honest. Just what possible purpose could/would this serve????

I really feel for Mr. McLean's family and friends who have now had this additional threat to deal with.
Muggins
Muggins
Queen Bee
Queen Bee

Number of posts : 249
Honeycomb : Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzeedee Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:44 pm

Muggins wrote:I read that some had been turned back at our mutual border but some may have gotten through. I think they should be blacklisted and never be allowed to enter to be honest. Just what possible purpose could/would this serve????

well maybe not just turned back, because we don't want those kind of people in the US either.... maybe they could be detained then shipped to Gauntamo (and I'm sure I butchered the spelling)
bizzeedee
bizzeedee

Number of posts : 4243
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:05 pm

bizzeedee wrote:well maybe not just turned back, because we don't want those kind of people in the US either.... maybe they could be detained then shipped to Gauntamo (and I'm sure I butchered the spelling)

You can send them this way. We have a lot of back-breaking work to be done on this farm and I'd be happy to watch them be miserable. Scott would also be glad to shoot any of them, should it come to that.

I don't know what they are reading or who they are listening to, but their sign which read 'God hates you' is the antithesis of what Jesus taught. They are free to believe it if they like, but it bothers me that they claim to be Christians. Their doctrine is nothing like Christianity.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content