Unofficial Bzz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How was the party Karen?

+3
BeachyBum
thebigscott
chelle
7 posters

Go down

How was the party Karen? Empty How was the party Karen?

Post by chelle Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:17 am

Did y'all have fun??
Zoe feel old yet?
All of them alseep? or bouncing off the walls?
chelle
chelle

Number of posts : 6471
Honeycomb : the abyss with keys that dont fit any locks
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://aretheyalseepyet.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

How was the party Karen? Empty Re: How was the party Karen?

Post by thebigscott Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:37 am

Well, I almost lost her. Literally.

My SIL had rented out a local arcade/skating rink/pizza place. And we had a lot of people come in from out of town because it's also my MIL's 70th birthday and my SIL had arranged to have a surprise party. My MIL was stunned and SO happy. And it was a good party. But it was mostly grown-ups and just a few kids. But there was another little girl Zoe's age and a ball pit and music and cake, so Zoe was happy.

But because we'd taken three cars there, and Zoe rode there with my SIL, when we left we didn't have Zoe's car seat in our car. I sent Scott back in to remind his sister that we were leaving and she needed to take Zoe with her. Then we left. We had a big bunch of balloons out the car window (they wouldn't fit in the car) so we drove very slow and took back roads. And when we got there, my SIL's car was already there. And just after we pulled in, another car pulled in behind us. It was one of the family friends who'd been at the party, and she had Zoe. My SIL had left without her.

So, I didn't kill my SIL. Zoe was home before I even knew she was missing. And she hadn't been scared because she was with people she's known her whole life. But, Damn! That could have been bad!

Other than that it was a decent party. The bakery did NOT make the cake the way I told them to. I could have made a prettier cake while blindfolded. And like I said, it was mostly grown-ups and mostly focused on my MIL rather than Zoe. But, being only 4, Zoe did not care or even notice. She was very happy the whole time, and I suppose that's all I wanted anyway. Well, that and not losing her forever. Since she made it home in the end I'll call it a success.

(Still... Damn!)
thebigscott
thebigscott
Really Not Getting Much Done Around the House

Number of posts : 9214
Honeycomb : Level 6 ~ Sweet Bee

http://messierobjects.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 am

Ohhh NO!! THat sounds like something I would do! LOL And I am sure your SIL feels bad enough as it is! SO its good that you are not holidng a grudge and not allowing her with in 10 feet of y'all again.

PLus in a few years it will be a funny story. Smile

But I can understand your agervation! I am glad that zoe had fun, and your right, for a 4 year old, just going and doing is great, and I bet it meant more to your MIL than anyone can imagine, to be able to be the center of attention. heck, even if you had invited the whole town for zoe all she would remember would be the ball pit. LOL or at least thats how my kids are. Smile

I am glad it was catastrope free (almost) and everyone had fun. get some sleep and start planning the next one ! Smile its only a few months away!!
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BeachyBum Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:29 am

I bet Zoe felt like that whole big party for your MIL was hers anyway! (Man, I wish I could be 4 again, just for a few weeks!)

Sounds like you had a really good family day .... what a party! As much as we always tell people not to make a fuss, and people say they don't like suprise parties, I think it's one of the funnest and most memorable thing you can do!
BeachyBum
BeachyBum
In Need of a 12 Step Program
In Need of a 12 Step Program

Number of posts : 791
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee ~ Level 6 ~ 2 Golden Keys ~ Bzzing since 2003
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 am

I would not have been able to show the restraint that yo did with the S I L.
Numbskull.

Thank the gods for the family friends..

glad you had a nice time ...
kath
kath

Number of posts : 1338

http://mckaitsbooks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by honcho Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:57 am

Wow...I would not have been so nice...did she have anything to say for herself??
honcho
honcho
In Need of a Life
In Need of a Life

Number of posts : 461
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tara Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:19 am

BeachyBum wrote:I bet Zoe felt like that whole big party for your MIL was hers anyway! (Man, I wish I could be 4 again, just for a few weeks!)

yup, I agree, lol. Glad everyone is home safe and sound. Glad everything worked out fine despite your SIL forgetting her. I'm almost afraid to ask , being my biggest anal issue.... how did the other people get her home if your SIL had her carseat?
tara
tara

Number of posts : 6833

http://www.mythirtyone.com/taras/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:44 am

I think they just buckled her. I didn't ask. I actually didn't even talk to them because when they pulled in we had JUST got there. Not even two minutes. So I hadn't gone in the house yet and realized that Zoe was left behind. I just thought they'd stopped by to see one of the out of town relatives. By the time I realized, they were already gone.

My SIL didn't try to defend herself. I think if she had I'd have been more pissed. She just said that in her head, she thought her mom (my MIL) had Zoe. She was sorry.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm glad the birthday girl got home from the party ok. Sounds like she won't be scarred for life.

I have forgotten to pick one of my kids up from school...actually said "Oh Shit!" when I pulled into the drive and it hit me that I had forgotten. And I've been left behind as an older child at a rest area along I-75 in Michigan. It was awful. We had stopped at the rest area nd my grandpa and I each went in. He got back to the car and drove away, not even realizing that I wasn't in the car.

The cake thing would make me mad. I hate paying for stuff only to be disappointed. I'd rather someone undersell their skills rather than oversell them so you expect greatness (or in some cases competence). I had called to have a cake made for my grandma's 90th b-day party and had told the woman to really make the colors pop because my grandma had macular degeneration problems and was losing her vision. I told them she loved flowers. The woman suggested real edible flowers from the garden. I said no - she was pretty old-fashioned and wouldn't care for that, that she would prefer icing flowers. When I picked the cake up...there were NO flowers all right. They had these weird cut-out shapes on the cake. When I questioned that, the chef said that "No Flowers" had been written down on the order form. Mad
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by thebigscott Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Oh, Lori! How long were you waiting before he noticed? I would have been scared to death!

And yes, the cake thing was a big issue for me. I had picked out a hot pink background and the brightest blue they had for the trim. And I didn't just tell them pink and blue. I picked up cakes that had the right colors and SHOWED them. I told them I didn't want it to be white that was sprayed pink, either. I wanted to see pink frosting on her face. But when I picked it up (with no time to spare to make them redo it) it was spray-colored pale pink with pale blue trim, plus they had screwed up a section of the frosting and coverd it by putting on frosting squiggles that were a greyish pink. Not flowers. Not decorations. Just some squiggly gobs of butt ugly frosting. I was so disappointed. I will NEVER get anything from that bakery again and of course, I'll be telling everyone I know not to shop there either. It was a grocery store bakery, and I'm not going to tell the name because I have gotten beautiful cakes at other locations. It was just the people working at this particular store who were incompetant. And I will be writing the manager.
thebigscott
thebigscott

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:16 pm

I think you should write the manager. And I know what you mean. I use ONE place, ONE bakery, and have NEVER been disapointed. EVER. I dont even shop at that store, just use their bakery. LOL

But there was a new girl at the counter (same bakeress in the back, she was just at lunch) wen I ordered Rayleys cake. She couldnt grasp LIME green, HOT pink and PURPLE> with FLOWERS, just plain old 5 teardrop petal flowers with big bright yellow centers. I drew a picture. KID you not. and I said "if you have some crayons I will draw you a picture"

Luckily the woman who bakes them called me and asked me exactly what I wanted, and I told her. SHe said the girl had told her part of it, but told her she should change up the colors, cause they were unattractive and ugly and would NEVER look good. I laughed and told her I sure hoped they did, I had a hundre dollars of paint in those colors to paint a room exactly like that.
SHe just laughed and said she thought it would be cute.
chelle
chelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:07 pm

thebigscott wrote:Oh, Lori! How long were you waiting before he noticed? I would have been scared to death!

And yes, the cake thing was a big issue for me. I had picked out a hot pink background and the brightest blue they had for the trim. And I didn't just tell them pink and blue. I picked up cakes that had the right colors and SHOWED them. I told them I didn't want it to be white that was sprayed pink, either. I wanted to see pink frosting on her face. But when I picked it up (with no time to spare to make them redo it) it was spray-colored pale pink with pale blue trim, plus they had screwed up a section of the frosting and coverd it by putting on frosting squiggles that were a greyish pink. Not flowers. Not decorations. Just some squiggly gobs of butt ugly frosting. I was so disappointed. I will NEVER get anything from that bakery again and of course, I'll be telling everyone I know not to shop there either. It was a grocery store bakery, and I'm not going to tell the name because I have gotten beautiful cakes at other locations. It was just the people working at this particular store who were incompetant. And I will be writing the manager.

My son works at a grocery store and they eat those "oopsie" cakes. LOL SOmetimes there will be two at one time in the break room.
Lori
Lori

Number of posts : 8682
Honeycomb : Sweet Bee, Level 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down